View attachment 1041062

Aston Villa Vs Newcastle

View attachment 161382
We finally managed to get our first point on the board with our best performance of the season so far, not a perfect performance but Rome wasn't built in a day. We may not have got the three points but there were plenty of positives to take from this match. We had the lion share of possession, we created more opportunities and we definitely had the better individual performances, all that was missing was the end product.

View attachment 1041074

Aston Villa Vs Derby

View attachment 161374

Another poor result which sees us knocked out of the Capital One Cup. Our season is really starting to spiral out of control now, if we don't turn things around soon then I can see myself being shown the door before too long.
The performance was once again pretty poor and the players do not seem to be responding to my tactics or management style at all. I am starting to wonder if my lack of experience and unproven reputation is going against me.

View attachment 1041078

Aston Villa Vs Watford

View attachment 161371
A slight change to our tactics saw us give a more confident performance against a decent Watford side. It still was far from impressive but after a few dismal results, a point was more than welcome. We defended really well today and despite our poor attacking intent once again, we did pass the ball around really nicely and I want to use this as a platform going into our next fixture against Stoke.

Last edited:
View attachment 161369

League Update

View attachment 161370
As expected we are still occupying that bottom spot but with just one win enough to take us out of the bottom three all is not lost. We are clearly a long way away from where we need to be and I really need to turn things around within the next month if we are to have any genuine chance of surviving.

woah, tough start. Suppose a lot of those games are expected losses, but major disappointment against Watford and could have expected more from the Newcastle and Palace games too. I did a play through with Villa and came 12th in first season with 49 points. You'll have some money to spend in January window. I had good success with Charlie Austin who scored 12 in ~20 games or so.

Doing it tough for sure, but makes for a very interesting story! Good luck :)

woah, tough start. Suppose a lot of those games are expected losses, but major disappointment against Watford and could have expected more from the Newcastle and Palace games too. I did a play through with Villa and came 12th in first season with 49 points. You'll have some money to spend in January window. I had good success with Charlie Austin who scored 12 in ~20 games or so.

I know, that's what I kept telling myself, but there are no excuses for the result at palace and the other draws. I would bite your arm off for 49 points at the moment haha! I hope so, could do with a decent budget. I have a few players coming back shortly like Okore and Traore, hopefully they will make a difference.

Doing it tough for sure, but makes for a very interesting story! Good luck :)

Cheers buddy, just hope the story isn't cut short. Hopefully I can turn things around soon.

View attachment 1041266

Stoke Vs Aston Villa

View attachment 161192
As annoying as it was to drop another 2 points, I am very happy with our performance in this game. Not only did we come back from behind twice, but we should have probably one the game in extra time. Our desire and determination not to lose this game was really good to see, we are going to need plenty more of it if we are going to battle our way out of the bottom three.

View attachment 1041267

Aston Villa Vs Leicester

View attachment 161191
Finally we register our first league win of the season and what a result it was! I am absolutely delighted with the way we performed in this match and it really looked like the team are starting to adapt to my style of play and footballing philosophy. Once we conceded within the first couple of minutes, I thought it was going to be another one of those games, but the team really showed their determination again and did very well to pull the game back and take the lead into the half time break. Their professional performance in the second half to see he game out was great and was made even better when our best player at the moment Gueye grabbed the third goal the kill the game off.

View attachment 1041270

Norwich Vs Aston Villa

View attachment 161190
Two consecutive wins, four matches unbeaten, what was I worried about? I'm not gonna get too carried away, we have Man City next. Another very good performance against a Norwich side that have been doing well in the league of late. We controlled the tempo and took full advantage with two very good set-pieces. A special mention for Jores Okore after this game, he is a top defender and has made a huge difference to the side since coming back from injury.

View attachment 1041319

Aston Villa Vs Man City

View attachment 161157
Despite the obvious disappointment of losing a game that could have so easily gone in our favour, I am very upbeat after this display. We battled well and we really put City off their game for the majority of the match, in the end we just couldn't stop the likes of Aguero and co. Had we not lost our captain Micah Richards on the 57th minute, I really think we could have pushed on a grabbed an equaliser, maybe even a winner.

View attachment 161137

View attachment 161138
Obviously its still not great viewing but we are in a much healthier position then we were 30 days ago. I feel like momentum is in our favour now with both Southampton and Newcastle only managing to register the one point each out of their last five games. Only 10 points off top four..

View attachment 1041514

Tottenham Vs Aston Villa

View attachment 160985
Once again our poor discipline has let us done, a few tweaks to my instructions my be needed I think. Despite the obvious negatives, I am still pretty happy with our overall performance. We need to start cutting out this stupid mistakes which are costing us points, the way the game was heading, we could have easily grabbed an equaliser had we not lost our momentum with the two sending offs. We may have lost to Tottenham and Man City in our last game but morale is still high in the squad and I am confident going into our massive 6 pointer next week against fierce rivals West Brom.

View attachment 160980

Aston Villa Vs West Brom

View attachment 160978
A superb performance on derby day and boy did we need it! We were superb from start to finish, Rudy Gestede in particular was on top form, picking up another two goals as has continued his impressive scoring form to put us firmly in the driving seat in this match. Still a lot of yellow cards despite my instruction to ease off a little but with it being a derby I will put this one down to being a passionate performance. Not only did we beat our rivals convincingly but we are finally out of the bottom three, onwards and upwards.

I'm liking this story! Hope to see more of it! If you need a kit made for your story I can make them. You could roll out new ones for each season.

View attachment 1041950

Everton Vs Aston Villa

View attachment 160575
Another decent performance, another poor away result. I don't know much about Niasse but he ripped through our defence on more than one occasion today and to be fair he probably should have bagged hat trick. We only seem to be able to pick up wins at home, that being said our home form is going to be vital for survival.