Well... I don't know if you'll be able to turn my dear Villans into Heroes, but starting a save with Aston Villa without the summer transfer market active makes you one heck of a martyr (seriously, our squad is a firggin' trainwreck of epic proportions).

Let's look at the bright side, you got rid of Randy Lerner, that alone makes you a hero XD
The team is going through a rocky start, but then again was to be expected the squad's level is closer to that of a Championship level than a Premier League one, besides the schedule hasn't been particularly nice so far... So good job by surviving so far.

Hopefully the new chairman will inject some money to invest it in the winter transfer market as the team desperately needs reinforcements.

Good luck with this challenge, you'll definitely need it.

View attachment 160573

League Update

View attachment 160574
Going into December and we are sitting just above the drop zone, slowly creeping our way up the league, I just hope we can continue our momentum through out December with same tough fixtures. Looks like at the other end of the table the two sides from Manchester are dominating so far, with Watford and Sunderland the surprise packages so far.

View attachment 1041955

Aston Villa Vs Sunderland

View attachment 160571
We are really starting to build up some momentum at home now with a good win against high flying Sunderland. We probably should have won by more but our finishing let us done, as has been the case for much of the season. Plenty of positives for sure and a brilliant all-round performance.

View attachment 1041956

Swansea Vs Aston Villa

View attachment 160570
I really do not understand our away form at the moment, we still manage to control the game, we still play a very similar brand of football, we just can't create anywhere near as many decent openings. Swansea hit us on the counter attack really well and Paloschi was on top form at the spearhead of their attack. Sulliman may have made a mistake for their second goal but the youngster has been performing well at the back whilst covering injuries and suspensions.

View attachment 1041962

Aston Villa Vs Southampton

View attachment 160565
Another win at the Villa Park fortress and we put on another superb display for the home fans to go with it. Stekelenberg's mistake to gift us our first goal summed up their performance today, not taking anything away from my team but the Saints were poor and it's no wonder they are under performing in the league so far this season. Another goal from Gestede who is quietly going about his business, continuing his record of at least one goal every other game.

You already have more points than Villa have in real life, great work!

Well... I don't know if you'll be able to turn my dear Villans into Heroes, but starting a save with Aston Villa without the summer transfer market active makes you one heck of a martyr (seriously, our squad is a firggin' trainwreck of epic proportions).

Let's look at the bright side, you got rid of Randy Lerner, that alone makes you a hero XD
The team is going through a rocky start, but then again was to be expected the squad's level is closer to that of a Championship level than a Premier League one, besides the schedule hasn't been particularly nice so far... So good job by surviving so far.

Hopefully the new chairman will inject some money to invest it in the winter transfer market as the team desperately needs reinforcements.

Good luck with this challenge, you'll definitely need it.

Heroes may be an over-stretch but I am willing to give it a go. I know, you are right, I didn't realise how depleted the squad actually was on paper, the defence is very short on staff, I am having to rely on reserve players to cover suspensions, injuries and Lescott's inadequacies.

I was glad to see Lerner go and the new board have already pumped money into the club, rumours being a £26 million+ transfer kitty will be available for January, fingers crossed.

We have done well so far, I just hope we can continue our upward trend and hopefully finish mid-table.

Doing a great job so far mate, it looks fairly close between those bottom teams, keep up the good fork and youll be fine.
Whats the plan for the transfer window?

Doing a great job so far mate, it looks fairly close between those bottom teams, keep up the good fork and youll be fine.
Whats the plan for the transfer window?

Cheers dude, I will be adding a few more updates shortly, I think it's fair to say we are on the up. I actually have a couple of transfers tied up already on a pre-agreement, I also am mid-negotiation on a possible HUGE deal!

View attachment 1042137

Bournemouth Vs Aston Villa

View attachment 160402
A terrible game for the spectator and I can't imagine it would have been much fun playing in it either. The conditions didn't help but our discipline was very poor again and this has led to another club ban. Despite the poor result there are some positives, our control of the game, our chance creation and the fact that the point has taken us as far up the table as 14th. Also we ended our sequence of three successive away losses.

View attachment 1042160

West Ham Vs Aston Villa

View attachment 160382
Back to that poor away form that is really making it difficult to climb out of the relegation scrap at the moment. West Ham were far superior today which is very disappointing as I feel had this been at home, we could have easily have beaten them. Thank god we only have a couple of weeks until the window opens.. especially as I already have a few signings confirmed..

View attachment 1042180

Aston Villa Vs Bournemouth

View attachment 160367
Back to winning ways with our 4th home win in a row, we really are making Villa Park a place for teams to fear (unless your'e Man City). Perfect performance against fellow strugglers Bournemouth and it's a great way to end the calendar year. Since our first league win against Leicester back in October, we have maintained an average ratio of 1.58 points per game, if we can keep that up we could be reaching a potential 50 point mark, I would consider that a huge success.

View attachment 160363

League Update
(31st December 2015)

View attachment 160364
The end of the year and I will take 14th place. We may only be 3 points from the drop zone but we are also only 4 points from 10th, it could go either way but with the transfer window only a day away now, I am feeling confident we can continue our climb up the table.

View attachment 1042413

In

Kieran Trippier - £3.9 Million

View attachment 1042420

Kieran found himself out of favour at White Hart Lane, not making a single appearance for the London club. Our right back options are very limited and I saw him as the perfect addition.

Daniel Ayala - £3.0 Million

View attachment 160147

Another addition to our defence as I have been looking to add more depth. Daniel will not be my first choice as both Richards and Clark have been doing well of late and are building a decent partnership. £3m is a decent price for a player of his ability and he certainly has the potential to make it into the starting eleven.

Cristian Espinoza - £5.0 Million

View attachment 160138

Cristian is an extremely exciting talent and I am delighted he has chosen Villa Park as his new home, especially as we fought off a few big name clubs across Europe for his signature. He already has the ability to make an impact in the first team I am really looking forward to his development.

Sebastian Driussi - £3.1 Million

View attachment 160134

Another Argentine joins us and Sebastian is another very exciting talent. He is equally adept to playing on both the left wing and the central attacking midfield position and I am sure he will be an absolute bargain at just over £3m.

Summary

View attachment 160132
I am very happy with our dealings so far and the spending will continue, with one incredibly exciting signing in the latter stages of negotiation, watch this space..

Out

View attachment 160133
Some people will probably think that some of my player sales are a little strange, especially as we made a loss on all of them, but each of them were justified and all four were unhappy with their lack of first team action.

Jordan Ayew

Jordan has been far from impressive this season so far and with Gestede in decent form, appearances have been hard to come by. He wasn't happy and I was happy to cash in, making way for better options.

Gabby Agbonlahor

Other than his commitment to the club, I don't really understand why Gabby is a club icon. He just isn't good enough and his wages were ridiculous for a player of his ability.

Carles Gil

I would have liked to keep Carles as I believe he could have been a useful player and may have developed into a very good winger. Unfortunately he hasn't really featured at all for us this season and he asked me to help him move on, to which I obliged.

Aly Cissokho

Aly has to be one of the worst left-backs I have ever managed, truly dismal. So much so that even 17th Easah Sulliman has outshone and out performed him. I am delighted to have received as much as we did for him and now we can both move on.

Last edited:
View attachment 1042454

Aston Villa Vs Manchester United

View attachment 160118
I am furious that we let this lead slip with two really sloppy mistakes, we were so close to pulling off a memorable victory. We really deserved more from this game and I feel extremely let down. Two of the new faces made their debut, Trippier putting in a great performance at right back. Ayala on the other hand had a debut to forget coming on for Clark, within a couple of minutes he gifted the ball on the edge of the box, leading to their equalising goal.