Making My Way Back - The Forgotten Man

AussieOchoa

Reaction score
Hello there, you may know of me, you may not, but one thing is for sure, I will be a household name by the end of my journey.

I've already played for many top European clubs, but they didn't see my at my best. I've never performed my best when I have been put to the test, but now, I know I'm ready to take on the world. My goal is to win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and a I also have a few little side goals. I want to win the Champions League again, and I want to be named into a World XI squad. I am currently 27 so I only have a few more years left in my career. I have been plagued by injuries my entire career and that has stalled my development, but over the past year I have almost peaked.

Many clubs are looking at me now, most notably Dortmund, the reigning German champions. I wouldn't mind going there, they have potential to challenge for the Champions League. I really want to move to a side like Real Madrid, or Manchester City, even AC Milan wouldn't be bad. All of these teams could use me, so if I do move to Dortmund, I will need to be at the top of my game!

I need to improve my goal scoring ability, for a winger my goals to games ratio is to low, at 0.17 goals a game. I will be looking to raise this to 0.75 over the next few years. It would also be very nice to raise my assist ratio as well, that could only help me in my quest to win the World Cup. Unfortunately I have never played a World Cup game, I have never even been chosen in the squad. In 2006 I really deserved to go, I know I could have helped my nation win the tournament, but they didn't. In 2010 it would have been nice to go, but after the season I had I would have been very lucky to even make the squad let alone play a game. I have only scored three goals for my nation, but boy were they beautiful. One against Italy, one against Belgium, and one against Czech Republic at EURO 2008.

I'm really looking forward to the new season, no matter where I play, but one thing is for sure, the world better watch out for me! Oh ****, I have to go... have I even told you who I am? Oh well, it'll have to wait for next time, at least I know you'll be thinking about me now! Goodbye for now, I will be back!

26447en_USI_QuestionMark.jpg

Last edited:
Very good read so far! the only player I can think that it might be is Owen Hargreaves? Only a wild guess though.

Good opening.. definitely following mate and Dan, Owen Hagreaves played in the 2006 WC and its nice to see you back haha

Impressive opening and a nice original idea, looking forward to reading more.

Hello there, you may know of me, you may not, but one thing is for sure, I will be a household name by the end of my journey.

I've already played for many top European clubs, but they didn't see my at my best. I've never performed my best when I have been put to the test, but now, I know I'm ready to take on the world. My goal is to win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and a I also have a few little side goals. I want to win the Champions League again, and I want to be named into a World XI squad. I am currently 27 so I only have a few more years left in my career. I have been plagued by injuries my entire career and that has stalled my development, but over the past year I have almost peaked.

Many clubs are looking at me now, most notably Dortmund, the reigning German champions. I wouldn't mind going there, they have potential to challenge for the Champions League. I really want to move to a side like Real Madrid, or Manchester City, even AC Milan wouldn't be bad. All of these teams could use me, so if I do move to Dortmund, I will need to be at the top of my game!

I need to improve my goal scoring ability, for a winger my goals to games ratio is to low, at 0.17 goals a game. I will be looking to raise this to 0.75 over the next few years. It would also be very nice to raise my assist ratio as well, that could only help me in my quest to win the World Cup. Unfortunately I have never played a World Cup game, I have never even been chosen in the squad. In 2006 I really deserved to go, I know I could have helped my nation win the tournament, but they didn't. In 2010 it would have been nice to go, but after the season I had I would have been very lucky to even make the squad let alone play a game. I have only scored three goals for my nation, but boy were they beautiful. One against Italy, one against Belgium, and one against Russia at EURO 2008.

I'm really looking forward to the new season, no matter where I play, but one thing is for sure, the world better watch out for me! Oh ****, I have to go... have I even told you who I am? Oh well, it'll have to wait for next time, at least I know you'll be thinking about me now! Goodbye for now, I will be back!

26447en_USI_QuestionMark.jpg
Brilliant opening, mate, I definitely will be following. Looks original and brilliant!

Very good read so far! the only player I can think that it might be is Owen Hargreaves? Only a wild guess though.
Owen Hargreaves didn't play in Euro 2008 and played in the World Cup 2006.

Is the person real? Don't really know, but this story sure is gripping!

Yeah he's real :) I will have one more update before I go to sleep. Keep an eye out guys, thanks for support so far :)

cant be an Englishmen as they did not even qualify for Euro 08 :)

strapping my brain to think of the player....

Yeah he's real :) I will have one more update before I go to sleep. Keep an eye out guys, thanks for support so far :)
Oh yeah, you live in Australia don't you? I can tell by your name! I just thought 'who goes to be at 2pm'?

cant be an Englishmen as they did not even qualify for Euro 08 :)

strapping my brain to think of the player....
Yeah, same, but I've got no results so far! Oh, and also using Google to help.

Hello there again. My name is Ricardo Andrade Quaresma Bernado, or just Ricardo Quaresma. It’s nice to be back here talking to you, sorry I’ve been away for a month, but I’ve been quite occupied with the Besiktas pre-season training camp. I’ve been hard at work on my fitness, it’s been really tough, but I believe I’m ready for the new season.

Dortmund’s interest in me seems to have ceased so I will be playing here for at least 6 more months, unless Sunderland make a bid soon. I really hope I don’t get injured; I need to impress and quick. I’m really excited for our first game tonight, starts at 8:00 and I’ve already started my pre-game ritual. Eat some bacon and eggs for breakfast and went for a little jog. Played some FIFA 12, scored a hatrick. Still disappointed I’m not in the game; I also want to move to a bigger club so I am in FIFA 13!

We’ve already played two qualifying games for the Europa League, beating Sochaux 6-5 on aggregate. I didn’t play to bad in the first game, almost bagged a goal and an assist, but still played decent. I came off the bench for the last twenty minutes in the second game and didn’t have enough time to make an impact unfortunately. We got drawn in the same group as Hannover, Vaslui and Dynamo Kyiv.

I ended the pre-season with just the one assist and one start, the manager was being careful with me. I will speak to you again after this month, I know I’m going to be extremely busy with the opening off the season. I’m going to be really careful with myself, I do not want to get injured. Goodbye for now, I shall be back eventually!

View attachment 200132

Hate to tell ya...but i dont think Quaresma scored against Russia in Euro 2008

Nice start, interesting style of story, quality player. Following when I have the time ;)