Making My Way Back - The Forgotten Man

because of the goal against russia i thought that it was guiza
Dani Guiza isn't a winger, and he has a very good goal rate. Guiza is another player who's a 'forgotten man' though, to be honest.

What a pointless post...

I was thrown off a bit by the fact you said he scored against Russia, but it's a nice start. Will be following this if you update it fairly regularly and continue it for a long time. How are you going to replicate it in FM? Are you going to manage Besiktas and just update it, or will you make new managers to follow him everywhere in his career? Are you using FMRTE, FM Editor or neither?

Dani Guiza isn't a winger, and he has a very good goal rate. Guiza is another player who's a 'forgotten man' though, to be honest.

What a pointless post...

I was thrown off a bit by the fact you said he scored against Russia, but it's a nice start. Will be following this if you update it fairly regularly and continue it for a long time. How are you going to replicate it in FM? Are you going to manage Besiktas and just update it, or will you make new managers to follow him everywhere in his career? Are you using FMRTE, FM Editor or neither?

Yeah, i changed it, sorry about the slip up :p

I'm not using any editors, I just added a random manager and am holidaying the game month by month to check in on Quaresma. I might change it to 6 monthly updates though, depending on your guys' thoughts :) I'll have an update today (probably tomorrow morning for you guys.)

My personal opinion would be for you to do month to month updates as long as you give lengthy detail on your updates as I'm sure you will. But obviously it's your choice and whatever would make it easier for you but I think writing a massive 6 month update would get boring to read depending on how big you make it, where as with month to month it can still be quite lengthy but still broke up into small parts.

I didn't see the post until after I posted this, calm down.

# September #

Hello there again, short little update here, going out to training in a second, still at Besiktas! I haven’t had the best month, haven’t been playing too much and talks of any transfers have ceased completely. I’m a little disappointed to be stuck on the bench a lot, but it is just motivating me more like never before.

First game I sat on the bench, we ended up drawing 1-1, I never came on. Genclerbirligi are lucky that I didn’t play. Their fullbacks didn’t look that great, I would have had a field day, was disappointed. Hugo Almeida got our goal on the day, and it was a great goal, he deserved it!

Again I sat on the bench for 90 minutes, and again we drew, but 2-2. The coach was out of his mind not playing me, Europa League, one of the biggest games of the group stage and I do nothing. He was getting on my nerves and I had a talk with him later that week. I was dying to play the next game.

Antalyaspor found out the real quality of Ricardo Quaresma, my first start, my first assist, and the teams first win. What an impact I made, giving Mani Fernandes his goal in the 15th​ minute on a plate! Coach gave me a nod of acknowledgement which meant a lot. I started the season in good form, I needed to continue.

So guess what coach does, sits me on the bench. We won 4-1, but boy we were lucky. Their keeper made some major mistakes, we probably didn’t deserve to win, but we’ll take it. Coach is going the right way for a punch, swear he hates me!!!

The next game I started again, but we lost. Our defence is terrible, another reason I want to leave. They try to join the attack and turn it over every single time. I had to cover for them so much, I wanted to get subbed, but my coach is an ***! I almost got a goal, but I hit the crossbar from 35 yards, so disappointed.

Another Europa League game, another benchwarming game. We won 3-1, I wasn’t too disappointed to be on the bench. I stubbed my toe in training so coach wasn’t going to risk me with a big game coming up soon.

Next month we play Trabzonspor then Fenerbahce in a row. Can’t wait, will speak to you then! Hopefully I get more game time so I can tell you guys more stuff!

Ricardo Q.

lolwut qursema benched XD. so opposite than IRL

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

tbh, i had high hopes for Quaresma in that Euro 2008. sadly his carrer got flushed by moving to inter (or maybe on chelsea on loan)

# October #

October was going to be a big month, but I was ready. Coach promised to give me some starting opportunities and I promised to give him some good performances in return.

The game against Trabzonspor was absolutely crazy. I went from euphoria to dismay in one game as I scored, missed a penalty and got sent off. I scored off my missed penalty so all was not lost, but I received my second yellow card of the game with 3 minutes to go in the game. We won 2-0 though, Hugo Almeida grabbing the other goal. Coach was pleased for the most part, but he was disappointed that I would miss out the game against Fenerbahce.

It hurt watching the game from the stands, especially as we went on to draw 1-1. I know I could have won us that game, stupid Ricardo!

I wasn’t named in the squad for the Hannover game, a ‘little extra punishment’ Coach called it. We won 2-0 taking us to the top of the group.

I was suspended for another Premier Division game, and we went on to lose 3-1 to Kayserispor, Coach was ****** off.

I sat out the last game of my suspension as I watched the boys draw with Sivasspor 0-0.

Last game of the month and I was not named in the squad. Coach is being an *******. We lost 2-1 to Manisaspor.

So one game for me in October, one goal, one win. Coach is really pushing me over the edge, I might hand in a transfer request soon. See you guys next month, hopefully I have more to write about!

Ricardo Q.

# November #

Another month and another chance to impress all the scouts from overseas with my performances. I had another talk with coach, and he’s prepared to get me going again as long as I don’t get sent off.

We started the month with the Europa League game away at Hannover, with the game ending in a 2-2 draw. I came off the bench for the last thirty minutes of the game, but it wasn’t enough time to get going... At least I didn’t make any mistakes.

Off to Bursaspor for our next game, and my first start in what seemed like forever, and I rewarded coach with a goal. Unfortunately my one goal was only enough to draw 1-1, but I was named Man of the Match as I played my best game so far this season, hopefully the form carries on.

Our next game against Gaziantepspor was our first win of the month, and my second start. I didn’t do too much, but I caused some problems down the left. We won 2-1 in a pretty dominant performance, I just wished I had of scored.

After an international break where I was not called up, Buyuksehir Bud. were the next opponents. We played terrible, I only came on for a cameo at the end. We went down to nine men ten minutes to go, but we survived with a 0-0 draw, Almeida and Sivok were sent off.

The last game of the month was a big one as we travelled to Galatasaray, and too be honest, I wasn’t expecting much. I started up front this game, but wasn’t able to score as we went on to lose 2-0. I only got two half decent chances, I need to supply from the midfield, without me were lost.

So another pretty crappy month, only one goal and no assist. I need to pick up my game if I want to leave in January. Some good news, Zenit are showing more interest, but after that last game I wouldn’t be surprised if no bids were made. Well that is it for now, goodbye until next month

Ricardo Q.