Making My Way Back - The Forgotten Man

# December #

Pretty much my last month to impress clubs enough to sign me; I was going to step up my game, even if it ruined the team. I was told I was starting the first game, and I couldn’t wait.

Dynamo Kiev travelled to Istanbul for our second last Europa League Group game, could we qualify for the next round? Yes, we qualified with a game in hand thanks to a 2-0 win, and one goal from yours truly. I grabbed us the lead 35 minutes in with a curling shot from the edge of the box. I was quite pleased to have led the team to victory.

Next game against Karabukspor we struggled to draw. I started up front again, which I hate, and did jack ****. It took two late goals for us to secure a 2-2 draw against the much weaker opponent. Although I was pleased to be started, I begged coach to move out to the wings.

For the game against Samsunspor I was not named in the squad to a niggling injury. My hamstring had been playing up all week and my coach didn’t want to take the risk. We won 1-0.

The last Europa League group game and yet again I started, and yet again I scored. Coach put me on the wings thank god, and I repaid him with a fifth minute goal. It was a great strike, cutting in onto my right, going into the box and sliding it under the keeper, impressive if I say so myself. We went on to win 2-0 solidifying our top spot in the group.

Last game of the month against Eskisehirspor, and we played out a boring 2-2 draw. All goals weren’t really deserving of goals, and neither team could say they deserved a win. I started, but didn’t make much of an impact, not good going into January.

So with January coming up, it is to be seen if I will stay at Besiktas, or if I will move on. Will my Europa League form be enough to encourage sides to ‘Splash the Cash’, or will it just not be enough? We’ll find out next time I see you, goodbye until then.
Ricardo Q.