Good luck in the CL, mate. :)

With a bit of luck, you can finish second.

Transfer News...

The suitors for many of my players just won’t go away - particularly Magnus Eriksson.

I came close to selling Molins, as with his injury record this season, coupled with Dombaxe returning from loan next season and the imminent arrival of Petkovic, competition for the right wing slot could be very fierce. I decided to let him stay and fight for it however. Cibicki was another who narrowly avoided the axe - he is only 20, and his performances just prior to his long term injury had been solid.

I am offered a new contract, and after agreeing a slightly increased wage budget, I sign a two year extension at 2k per week.

Luka Jovic makes his Serbian national team bow, and becomes their youngest international ever!

I’m subscribed to Messi, and he’s made a flying start to the season with match ratings of 10.0, 9.7 and 10.0 in his first 3 games!

Swedish Premier Division - Game 21 - Halmstad (Away)

So we go into this clash against mid-table Halmstad 2 points behind leaders Elfsborg, but with an incredible 4 games in hand! We are in pole position, but with 6 additional fixtures to play, as well as league games to make up, it’s important to pick up points wherever we can.

In the 20th minute, Gustafson passed to Eriksson, who played Lepiller in. The Frenchman’s first touch took him past the keeper but almost over the baseline, and his effort struck the post.

Nothing more happened in a very dull first half, and I accidentally forgot to give a team talk at half time, which may have been helpful! :p

In the first minute of the second half, Eriksson’s shot deflected to Eagles in space, but he shot straight into the grateful arms of the keeper. Forsberg came on in his stead minutes later.

Rosenberg and Thern replaced Eriksson and Lepiller in the 65th minute.

In the 67th minute, a free kick found a Halmstad player in space at the back post, but an incredible sliding block from Atouba saved a certain goal!

Just two minutes later and we were on the attack. Thern sprayed the ball wide for Mater, who cut it back for him. Thern then passed inside to Gustafson, who passed straight to Rosenberg, who turned his defender and had just the keeper to beat from the penalty spot. He scored.

But Gustafson went down injured in the 74th minute, and with all substitutions used, I was forced to shut up shop.

Unfortunately, they found an equaliser in the 84th minute, when a cross was met by a header, and the rebound then hit the fortunate striker and rolled over the line.

From the kickoff, Simon Thern raced down the right and delivered a perfect cross to Rosenberg, but his close range shot was somehow kept out, and Forsberg’s followup effort was blocked and then cleared.

There were no further chances, as our 10 men were neither threatened, nor were threatening ourselves.

I let the team have it at full time, as whilst we were reduced to 10 through misfortune, we should have had the match wrapped up long before then. A disappointing result, and with Galatasaray looming in just 3 days time, it’s hardly ideal preparation for a potentially critical match.

POM: Enock Adu (7.8, 0G, 0A)

Unlucky there mate, still well positioned though.

Every time I see the name Adu it makes me think of Freddy. Whatever happened to that kid?

The Odegraad of yester year.

Unlucky there mate, still well positioned though.

Every time I see the name Adu it makes me think of Freddy. Whatever happened to that kid?

The Odegraad of yester year.

I saw an article a few weeks back saying he'd signed for a team in Finland or something, and it was his 11th club in 11 years or something like that

Champions League Group Stage - Game 1 - Galatasaray (Home)

So our opening Champions League Fixture is at home to Galatasaray. If we can win here, then I will feel we have a good chance of snatching the Europa League spot in our group. I’m hoping for the best, but realistically, the Turks, with star names like Muslera and Sneijder, are overwhelming favourites.

In the 6th minute, from the broken play associated with Ricardinho’s free kick striking the wall, Tinnerholm passed forward to Thern, who played a magnificent lobbed pass to Molins, who had timed his run perfectly and was in space. Molins, in his first game back from yet another injury, controlled the ball perfectly and lashed an exquisite half volley past Muslera!

In the 11th minute, Tinnerholm’s excellent slide tackle saw the ball go straight to Forsberg, who raced upfield with it. He cut across the top of the box and let one fly, which unfortunately flew just wide.

We went into half time still holding that slender lead.

A 54th minute corner saw a loose ball roll to Molins, who unleashed a guided missile! Muslera didn’t even see it, but it cannoned back off the bar.

In the 62nd minute, two excellent blocks saved Galatasaray’s bacon, as first Forsberg then Molins had prime opportunities thwarted.

In the 78th minute, Ricardinho swung a free kick in, and Johansson rose highest to head it straight into the crossbar - the bloke providing more resistance than any of the Turks so far!

In the 82nd minute, Rosenberg found himself in some space but fired straight into Muslera’s arms.

In the 3rd minute of injury time, late substitute Gustafson found Rosenberg at the top of the box, but his shot went well wide in the final action of the match!

A narrow win on paper, and I truly feel that we should have won by more. Full credit to the crossbar however, he defended with great bravery, putting his body on the line for his team time and again! Molins was a constant threat during his 78 minutes, and deservedly won the Man of the Match Award. Forsberg had an uncharacteristically poor game, and Rosenberg was profligate. Nevertheless, I will take this result all day long!

POM: Guillermo Molins (8.5, 1G, 0A)

Top of the CL group already haha!! Could you post a screen shot of Petrovic the regen you bought?

You dominated them Patty! Looking good to get out of the group on that performance.

Bad news as Basel managed to hold Madrid to a scoreless draw at home. PSG lost 3-1 to giant slayers Dnipro, and Atletico were hammered 4-1 at home by Man City!

Transfer News...

I’ve found another talented looking regen, this one from South Korea, and so I’ve decided to bid for him. We’ve agreed contract terms and so hopefully there will be an announcement of his signing soon!

We take on my best buddy Peter Swärdh’s side Åtvidaberg again next! Since I helped him out by giving him his first win of the season, they’ve gone and risen to 11th in the table. Peter is really grateful for my role in kickstarting their season, and he’s really taken quite a shine to me, especially after my comments to the media about his job security and the like. I think I might be his idol!

Messi update - after a disappointing 6.8 against Roma in the Champions League (they still won 3-0), Messi resumed normal business with a 9.8 in the league - his average rating in the league is now 9.88!!

Swedish Premier Division - Game 22 - Åtvidaberg (Away)

Only a couple of changes to the lineup that saw off Galatasaray, with Mater, Blomqvist and Eriksson coming into the side.

Within about 15 seconds, Eriksson played Molins in for a shot, but the keeper deflected it behind for a corner.

In the 8th minute, there was no saving Molins’ effort as we took the lead. Eriksson spread the ball wide for Ricardinho who curled a cross from deep all the way into the 6 yard box, and Molins finished the chance.

Åtvidaberg weren’t holding back in their challenges, no doubt due to good old Pete’s instructions, and Molins and Forsberg in particular were on the receiving end of some rough challenges in the first half.

Helander picked up a knock from yet another dodgy tackle early in the second half, and had to be replaced by Johan Hammar.

Molins was tiring, and despite being our only real threat on the field, I had to give him a rest and bring on Gustafson, who pushed Thern to the right wing.

And in the 71st minute, Gustafsson passed forward to Eriksson, who played in Thern for a quality finish - sadly, it was ruled offside.

Moussi replaced Adu shortly afterwards, as we looked to shut up shop.

In the first minute of injury time, an excellent volley from Hammar off a corner doubled our lead.

And it proved to be vital as just a minute later, a wide free kick bounced short of all the players in the box and was gathered and finished by Åtvidaberg’s Pape Diouf.

From the restart, the ball made it’s way forward through Moussi, Possebon, Gustafson and Eriksson, who found Forsberg behind the defence, who slid a low finish across the keeper for a 3-1 lead! 3 goals in 3 minutes!

And that was that! We climb one point above the faltering Elfsborg, with 4 games in hand! Surely we can’t throw the title away from here! On a side note, it was very considerate of Pete to return the favour and let us win, particularly on my birthday! The media loved it :p

POM: Ricardinho (8.7, 0G, 2A)

Helander’s injury keeps him out for 5-6 days! Praying he will be okay for the Madrid match! :O