You're doing really great !
1st in the group is an amazing achievment !
Congrats !

Eagles asked for first team football, but when I reminded him how well Forsberg was playing, he seemed happy to wait for his chance. In truth, I will probably look to move him on at the seasons end, though for now he remains a useful rotation player, despite his recent lacklustre performances.

Swedish Cup Group Stage Draw (for the start of next season)

In other news, Ibrahimovic scored 9 seconds into the match during PSG’s league clash with Lyon. He went on to record a hat trick in a 4-2 victory for the Parisiens.

Transfer News...

The young South Korean striker Kim Byung-Hyun agrees terms as we finalise a bargain 91k deal! He will link up with us on January 6th, and with him and Luka Jovic, we have two quality young strikers for the future!

Just finished my 2nd pre season with Malmo squad is looking good and hopefully I will do better in the Champions league qualifiers. Managed to sign Jovic aswell but it wasn't cheap 3.4 million

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished my 2nd pre season with Malmo squad is looking good and hopefully I will do better in the Champions league qualifiers. Managed to sign Jovic aswell but it wasn't cheap 3.4 million

Nice, be interesting to see how he goes for you as well!

Managed to get Oleg Shatov on loan from Zenit what a player he has been for me so far. Assists galore

Managed to get Oleg Shatov on loan from Zenit what a player he has been for me so far. Assists galore

Never heard of him, but he must be doing something right!

Swedish Premier Division - Game 24 - Örebro SK (Away)

Our next opponents are Örebro SK. I have selected a tired but strong lineup for this match, with an eye towards playing backups against 3rd placed Häcken in 3 days time. A huge risk maybe, but considering we travel to the Bernabeu just 3 days after that, I feel obliged to pick our strongest lineup for that match, to try to avoid complete embarrassment, and with a bit (read, a lot) of luck, steal a point? Who knows - but for now, time to focus on Örebro.

In the 11th minute, Molins swung in a cross from deep, and Rosenberg got on the end of it, helping it towards the goal with a volley, but it was well saved.

In the 16th minute, the deadlock was broken by Örebro following some impressive one touch play, as a debatable offside call went their way. I think the referee was right, but my players didn’t!

Ricardinho’s free kick in the 19th minute thundered into the crossbar.

Once again it was Guillermo Molins who provided the inspiration, levelling the game by creaming a shot into the top left corner from amongst the mass of bodies in the box after a corner.

A swift counterattack in the 38th minute went to waste as Rosenberg shot wide.

Half time came, and 40 seconds into the second half, the great man himself Molins fired us in front. Some excellent passing from the midfield led to Forsberg finding Rosenberg, who played Molins in behind, who beat the onrushing goalkeeper at his near post.

Blomqvist succumbed to an injury in the 50th minute - if it proves to be serious, then I have lost both of my first choice centre backs! Hammar was his replacement.

But barely a minute later, Molins intercepted a pass and raced down the right, before curling a cross into the 6 yard box which Rosenberg could not possibly miss. He didn’t.

They pulled a goal back in the 66th, when a low cross found their striker two yards out, and he finished it at the second attempt.

Just a minute later, Ricardinho crossed for Rosenberg to have a point blank header, but it was saved. He was also offside.

Rosenberg scored his second in the 90th, with a free header off a Ricardinho free kick.

Olsen made a spectacular save from a hopeful long effort in the 93rd, and we saw out the win.

The match stats showed that we utterly dominated, and thoroughly deserved the win. Rosenberg had a rating of 9.1 due to his two goals and one assist, but I felt he really wasn’t clinical enough today. Molins was unplayable in his 125th league appearance for us, simply amazing!

POM: Guillermo Molins (9.3, 2G, 1A)

Blomqvist is out for 5-6 days and will miss the Real Madrid clash :(

Johansson asks about joining Anderlecht

Title is within touching distance now mate!

Good luck against Madrid!

Swedish Premier Division - Game 24 - Häcken (Home)

A rotated lineup takes the field against Häcken here, so it should be interesting to see how we go.

In the 2nd minute, we launched a swift counterattack, but Eriksson shot wide from just outside the box.

I got stuck in to the lads at half time, as we had been very uninspired all match, and couldn’t get anything on target either.

I made my first change in the 57th minute, taking off Neri for Eagles and getting Lepiller to switch wings.

And Erik Johansson opened the scoring in the 62nd minute when he received a low corner from Lepiller, turned and snuck his shot inside the near post.

4 minutes later and it was two! Atouba won the ball and raced down the left before passing inside, but continued his run forward. The ball made it’s way to Gustafson who lobbed it forward for Atouba. The veteran did well to keep it in play and cross to the back post where Eriksson met it with a header.

We almost sealed in in the 73rd, when Atouba’s cross was sensationally flicked over his own head by Lepiller, but he rattled the bar.

Atouba had had a brilliant game, but received a second yellow in the 78th minute. Helander replaced Johansson to get some minutes for his fitness, whilst Possebon came off for Tinnerholm, to fill the void at fullback.

The resulting free kick led to a couple of corners, but they were dealt with.

We saw out the remainder of the match quite comfortably, as we turn our attentions to Madrid.

POM: Erik Johansson (8.4, 1G, 0A)

Champions League Group Stage - Game 2 - Real Madrid (Away)

So we set out to the Bernabeu, and the emphasis is on defence. Hopefully we don’t embarrass ourselves, but I can’t be expecting much here.

We knew we were in for a game when Ronaldo took a vicious shot after just 20 seconds, but Olsen was up to the task of deflecting it behind.

The resulting corner was cleared, and Coentrão took an ambitious long shot, which was destined for the net until Olsen make an absolutely ridiculous save to avert the threat. All of this inside the first minute!

Once again we cleared the corner, but it was lobbed back in, and Ronaldo headed towards the bottom left - but Olsen flung himself in front of it, before Helander cleared to safety.

Olsen made a couple more saves as we made it to the 20 minute mark unscathed.

Forsberg took our first shot, but it was comfortable for Casillas.

26 minutes, and Ronaldo cut in from the right and breezed by our defence, but Olsen held his goal bound effort.

In the 36th minute we attempted a counter attack but were caught out with short numbers at the back, and the ball made it’s way swiftly to Ronaldo - inside the box with just the keeper to beat. He nailed his shot, yet Olsen got a hand to it and deflected it onto the woodwork, where it bounced to safety!

Our heroic keeper was finally beaten in the 40th minute, when a near post Kroos corner found Ronaldo, who hammered it home.

We made it to half time without any further damage, and I told the boys they had been unlucky, and to keep up the good work.

In the 48th minute, Cuadrado ghosted by Ricardinho and had a shot from just a couple of yards out, but Olsen managed to keep it out, before Johansson cleared the ball for him.

Some shocking defence just two minutes later allowed a throw in to roll all the way into our area to Modric, who passed along the 6 yard box line for Cuadrado to cream his shot into the net - except Olsen had other ideas, saving that effort too!

A 61st minute corner came after Possebon and Tinnerholm had been replaced by Adu and Mater, and it was cleared to Cuadrado, who raced into the box and finally beat Olsen. Unfortunately for him and Madrid, he couldn’t beat the woodwork.

Eriksson replaced Rosenberg up top for the last 20 minutes.

But disaster struck 3 minutes later, as Thern brought Benzema down in the area to concede a very soft penalty. The commentators thought it was a dive, and I agreed. Ronaldo stepped up and hit it straight into the top left corner, just millimetres beyond Olsen’s outstretched hand.

In the 79th minute, we finally tested Casillas properly, as he was forced to make an excellent double save from Eriksson and Molins.

From there, Real were happy to just sit back, and there were no further incidents.

I was very pleased with the display, and felt that we were unlucky to lose by two goals - or Olsen was, at least. His rating was as high as 8.3 during the second half, but went down to 7.6 by full time after conceding an unstoppable penalty - hardly fair, in my opinion, as he deserved man of the match for sure, Ronaldo scored off a corner and a penalty.

MOM: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid - 9.0, 2G, 0A)

Best Malmö player: Robin Olsen (7.6, 18 saves)

Galatasaray drew 1-1 with Basel in the other group match, meaning we are second for the time being.

Not so bad ! I wa thinking that you will concede 4-5 goals,due to Santiago Bernabeu...

I win my first Manager of the Month award, having been runner up on 3 previous occasions.

13 players called up for international duty - Simon Thern has inexplicably been dropped by Sweden, and I have found out that Sixten Mohlin is eligible for Holland - a shame, I want him to be Sweden’s number one in the near future.

Rudy Mater comes and asks for more first team football. This is coming from a guy who has started 3 of the last 6 matches, and come on as a substitute in two of the others. What is he complaining about??? Fortunately, I placated the situation by mentioning Anton Tinnerholm’s excellent form - though I don’t know what I was talking about!

Swedish Premier Division - Game 25 - Brommapojkarna (Home)

We host Brommapojkarna here, a team we haven’t played since the Swedish Cup earlier in the year.

21 seconds in (a new record, I found out post game) we hit the lead through our most in form player, Guillermo Molins! His early cross almost found Forsberg at the back post, but was headed out to the left by the defender. Ricardinho gathered and sent the ball back in to the other back post, where Molins had made his run. He chested the ball down from between two defenders and having sent the keeper the wrong way, struck the ball coolly into the back of the net. A fantastic start!

Unbelievably, the poor guy picked up a knock within a couple of minutes, and so Agon Mehmeti made his comeback from injury in just the 7th minute.

A 33rd minute corner was headed clear by the visitors, but Gustafson regathered and passed to Forsberg on the edge, who lasered a shot towards the top right corner - only to be denied by a spectacular save.

A disappointing first half came to an end, with only the injured Molins (7.4 from his 7 minute cameo) and Ricardinho (6.9) having a rating over 6.7.

The shaky looking Moussi was replaced by Adu within 5 minutes of the restart.

In the 63rd minute, Forsberg wasted an excellent opportunity by shooting straight into the keepers arms from range, after a promising build up.

But Mehmeti reopened his account 2 minutes later, when Ricardinho regathered his own free kick attempt, and the ball found Agon inside the box via Rodrigo Possebon for a composed finish.

Neri replaced Rosenberg in the 72nd, prompting a reshuffle - he moved left, Forsberg right, and Mehmeti up top.

And the young Italian was involved in our 3rd 6 minutes after coming on, when he passed to Ricardinho out wide, whose cross was deflected into the net by a defender.

We threatened a couple more times but didn’t really come close to a fourth as we held on to a comfortable win.

I was pleased with the performance, although Rosenberg failed to impress, and once again neither Adu not Moussi put in a convincing shift at defensive mid - something of a problem position right now, following a string of average displays from each of them. We now have the international break, before a hectic schedule including 4 games in 9 days at one point, with just a days break between Basel and Mjällby.

POM: Ricardinho (9.0, 0G, 2A)