Swedish Premier Division - Game 20 - Elfsborg (Home)

Elfsborg finally managed to snap their barren run with a 1-0 win last time out over Norrköping.This leaves them 1 point clear of us at the top of the table, though we have two games in hand. Today’s result could have a huge bearing. A win for Elfsborg halts our momentum and puts the pressure on us to win our remaining fixtures. Should we win however, we have the potential to go 8 points clear, and the title is well and truly in our hands.

We were in control and had a number of shots in the first 20 minutes, but couldn’t get them on target.

In the 24th minute, Atouba collected a loose ball and passed it forward to Forsberg just inside the box. Forsberg turned and fired across the keeper into the top right corner! A spectacular goal!

Nothing more happened in the half, but seconds after the second half kicked off, Forsberg beat his man with a brilliant piece of skill, but shot high and wide.

A minute later, a long ball from an Elfsborg player found their striker running wide, and with the keeper off his line he had an open goal to shoot at from an angle. He shot wide into the side netting, but was ruled offside anyway.

Captain Helander doubled our lead in the 52nd minute, when a corner from Thern made it’s way to him at the near post via Hammar and Moussi.

In the 63rd minute Possebon replaced Adu, and Molins made his return by replacing Thern. Ricardinho replaced Atouba for the last 15.

In the 78th, a corner saw Helander’s shot blocked by a defender, Forsberg’s followup blocked by a defender, and Possebon’s followup blocked by the back of the net!

In the 87th minute, Possebon let loose a bullet, but it was well saved by the diving keeper.

A brilliant performance against our main title challengers, and I’m delighted! We utterly dominated and they barely had a sniff. With a two point lead and 2 games in hand, there’s no excuse for not wrapping up the title from here.

MOM: Emil Forsberg (8.3, 1G, 1A)

That's what affected Elsfborg's league form in my save. They had Europa League games aswell as league games while I had a clear run at the league. Hopefully I will do better in my 2nd season in Europe. Got 3.5 million to spend for the new season ahead. Need a back up left back and right back to start with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you use the 15.3 squad update?
Im the editor for Malmö FF so (it means I voluenteer for The creators of FM to set correct stats on all Malmö FF staff), the update has the right stats on the players cause its done by me ;)

But yeah doesnt matter now maybe u are far into the season
But I the patch update I did is way better than the previous, I wasnt editor back then

That's what affected Elsfborg's league form in my save. They had Europa League games aswell as league games while I had a clear run at the league. Hopefully I will do better in my 2nd season in Europe. Got 3.5 million to spend for the new season ahead. Need a back up left back and right back to start with

Yeah that must be handy, my schedule literally has a game every 3 days, occasionally 4! It's so hard to decide when to rotate or not haha

Youth intake...

Some okay players but no one to get excited about

Someone who I can get excited about is a young Swedish regen called Drasko Petkovic. I’ve been tracking him all season, and when Everton and Marseille, amongst others, came in for him, I made my move and offered him a big contract, and the deal was done! I want to keep the best Swedish talent in the country. If I can have some European success and grow the reputation of the country, that will hopefully help the other clubs too.

Did you use the 15.3 squad update?
Im the editor for Malmö FF so (it means I voluenteer for The creators of FM to set correct stats on all Malmö FF staff), the update has the right stats on the players cause its done by me ;)

But yeah doesnt matter now maybe u are far into the season
But I the patch update I did is way better than the previous, I wasnt editor back then

That's awesome!! Sadly no, I'm doing the original database, I tend to prefer to use that one because I don't like the mid season transfers being there from the start, I wish they could do it so it was a future transfer arranged, and they join on the date they joined in January, just like what happens in game when you arrange one outside of a window.

That's awesome!! Sadly no, I'm doing the original database, I tend to prefer to use that one because I don't like the mid season transfers being there from the start, I wish they could do it so it was a future transfer arranged, and they join on the date they joined in January, just like what happens in game when you arrange one outside of a window.

Yeah I can understand that
A lot of players left Malmö but we signed a lot of new quality with our CL money, the "new" squad is a lot more fun I think :D

Anyway, saw you just beat Elfsborg on FM.. they are pretty good this year IRL
playing them today away, very important game!
If u are awake then why not check the game out on a stream or somth ;) its on 19:00 (GMT+1) but I guess its to late then in australia!

Yeah I can understand that
A lot of players left Malmö but we signed a lot of new quality with our CL money, the "new" squad is a lot more fun I think :D

Anyway, saw you just beat Elfsborg on FM.. they are pretty good this year IRL
playing them today away, very important game!
If u are awake then why not check the game out on a stream or somth ;) its on 19:00 (GMT+1) but I guess its to late then in australia!

That's a pity, I should have done the new squad then! What's done is done I suppose

Yeah Elfsborg have been a good side in my save, I haven't been following it in real life, but I might now. Not tonight though, 12.30 and I'm about to go to bed! :p

Champions Playoff - Second Leg - APOEL (Home)
This second leg against APOEL should really just be a formality. We’re in a position where we really can’t lose, but another win today would be good for morale.

Rosenberg fired us into the lead in the 4th minute. Ricardinho’s free kick rebounded off the wall, so he laid it off to Forsberg, who took a shot. The keeper saved it but Rosenberg tucked home the rebound.

In the 26th minute, Tinnerholm crossed for Rosenberg, but the keeper saved, and Thern struck the rebound into the post from a very tight angle.

It was Thern who doubled our lead in the 38th minute though, when he got on the end of Rosenberg’s through ball and slid it past the keeper.

A triple change came in the 60th minute, as Eriksson, Moussi and Neri replaced Rosenberg, Adu and Gustafson, prompting a slight reshuffle too.

Neri’s fantastic solo run in the 77th minute amounted to nothing more than a comfortable save for the keeper.

No further incidents of note as a complacent looking team saw out a comfortable win.

APOEL hardly had a look in all game, which was pleasing to see as we progressed to the Champion’s League Group Stage!! The money from qualifying should do wonders for our finances. Depending on the draw, I will set a target for our performance in the group. Some shock results elsewhere as Dnipro eliminate Arsenal on away goals, Lille dispose of FCP (hello Sean Keaney!), and Leverkusen are overcome by FC Københaven!

POM: Markus Rosenberg (7.7, 1G, 1A)

That's a pity, I should have done the new squad then! What's done is done I suppose

Yeah Elfsborg have been a good side in my save, I haven't been following it in real life, but I might now. Not tonight though, 12.30 and I'm about to go to bed! :p

Mines is the new squad which resulted in me losing Helander,Olsen and Molins during the season so you've missed a bullet using the original squad mate

Mines is the new squad which resulted in me losing Helander,Olsen and Molins during the season so you've missed a bullet using the original squad mate

Yeah possibly, they're good players, I have rejected so many bids for them amongst others.

Transfer News...

26 year old Swedish left back Pierre Bengtsson is running out of contract at FC Københaven at the end of the season. With Atouba’s injury problems and Ricardinho not getting any younger, I feel that he could be a very useful addition to the squad, and have offered him a contract.

Champions League

Group stage is drawn - we are up against Galatasaray, FC Basel and Real Madrid CF. Certainly a group where we can be considered minnows! I’ll be hoping to take points from Basel and Galatasaray at home, and just hope for the best in every other game. We could possibly sneak 3rd with a bit of luck but I won’t be too disappointed if we don’t. The trouble is, we have 3 or 4 games to make up on the rest of the competition back in Sweden, which means midweek games every week, and an exhausted squad. Depending on how we go in our opening fixture against Galatasaray, I may begin to prioritise one competition over the other - we will have to wait and see.

This is the full group draw:

Ouch on the group draw! 3rd is a good possibility, Other than Madrid I think the other teams are beatable! Good luck!

Ouch on the group draw! 3rd is a good possibility, Other than Madrid I think the other teams are beatable! Good luck!

I think they're both a tiny bit stronger than us but we definitely have a fair chance of 3rd, possibly second if we're lucky!