End of Season Summary

League:
9/10
Shaky start, but we dealt well with the fixture congestion, and in the end won the league very comfortably.

Swedish Cup:
6.5/10
Made it to the semi finals, but put in an unconvincing performance to be eliminated. Hopefully we can win it next season.

Champions League:
10/10
Absolutely incredible! There is no way this could have gone any better! Even if we’d still finished second behind Madrid I would still have given this a 10, but we exceeded all expectations, and will look to continue to do so next season.

Fans Player of the Year:

Ricardinho - 40(5) - 4 goals - 12 assists - 4 POM - 7.45 AVR

View attachment 266796

Best XI

View attachment 266795

My best XI would include Blomqvist over Johansson, and additionally, Moussi would probably just shade Adu, and I am undecided between Mater and Tinnerholm - Anton probably does just edge it.

Player of the Year:

There were a number of outstanding candidates for this award.

Honourable mentions:

Guillermo Molins

View attachment 266792

View attachment 266791

The poor guy spent a lot of time on the sidelines, but when he was on the pitch, he was a huge player for us, contributing goals and assists and match winning performances with startling regularity, and was particularly brilliant in Europe. When fit, he is indubitably one of my very best players!

Robin Olsen

View attachment 266790

View attachment 266789

Brilliant year from the keeper, conceding just 34 goals in 49 games. He was helped out by the defence, of course, but his quality shone through with two sensational performances against Real Madrid, making multiple spectacular saves in the first match, and keeping a clean sheet in the other

My top 5 players of the year were:

5 - Emil Forsberg

Tailed off towards the end of the season, but was an automatic selection for one of the wings, usually the left, all year. His performances in the first half of the season were excellent, as he provided the sole attacking impetus at times.

4 - Magnus Eriksson

When I changed formation part way into the season, Magnus was behind both Rosenberg and Mehmeti in the pecking order. In the new False 9 role, he flourished, and his creativity along with his finishing ability saw him end the season as my undisputed first choice striker, despite a slight hiccup in form a couple of months ago.

3 - Filip Helander

My vice captain, but in truth, I consider him our main leader. With Rosenberg’s place in the team inconsistent, Filip was my rock at the back, unquestionably my first choice in the middle of the back four. He showed an ability to rise to the big occasion too, with key goals coming against Galatasaray and Madrid in recent weeks. He can only get better!

2 - Simon Thern
Such a difficult decision here, but I had to agree with the fans on this one, Simon comes a narrow second. He occasionally spent minutes on the right wing, but was vitally important as the team’s playmaker in the centre of the park. Gustafson’s arrival mid season only spurred him on to greater heights, and in recent weeks - notably following his inexplicable Sweden snub - he has been nothing short of outstanding, and has reclaimed his place in the national team.

1 - Ricardinho

The best player in the league this year, and almost single handedly responsible for our incredible upset of Real Madrid. His crosses and set pieces were constantly causing problems for opposition defences, and he scored some sensational free kicks, including two against Real Madrid! His defensive awareness was also critical, and he certainly didn’t shirk on his duties at the back. Well deserved winner of the fans’ award, and it’s a shame that he is already 30, as he will be very difficult to replace one day, though I have no intention of doing so while he still performs as he has this year.

Budgets set, and our transfer funds, which had been depleted to around 4.5m, are back up to 10.13 million. Good news, as I can further strengthen the squad, especially armed with the knowledge that Jovic doesn’t join for a year, and 5.5m spent on a player who won’t join until July. We are expected to win the league, and I certainly can’t argue with that, as I expect it too.

Champions League First Knockout Round Draw
Well looks like we won’t be going too far in the Champions League. I would have been better off finishing behind Madrid and taking their draw, though I wouldn’t really stand much chance there either.

Its never going to be easy in the Champions League knockout stages but you could have used a somewhat kinder draw!

Ouch! Tough draw. Could another "giant killing" be on the cards?

Its never going to be easy in the Champions League knockout stages but you could have used a somewhat kinder draw!

I was looking at the seeds and going "Please Zenit or Ajax, please Zenit or Ajax". Even Schalke (Gelsenkirchen) wouldn't have been disastrous, but Bayern? No chance!

Crazy match between Chelsea and Liverpool!
Excellent news as Kim Byung-Hyun is exempt from national service! Massive relief as I didn’t really feel like losing him for two years. Have a look at his profile too! Absolutely unreal, and he's already improved since I took that screenshot! His international record now stands at 9 caps, 12 goals.

Thern picks up a badly timed injury. It will be a race against the clock to see if he can make the Bayern match!

Man looks like young Byung-Hung is going to be terrorising Asian defences for years to come. Magnificent find!

Byung-Hung seems to be a fantastic - great signing there!

As for the CL, Bayern is tough. But hey, you beat Real Madrid 4-0. So, another upset is quite possible. ;)

Byung-Hung seems to be a fantastic - great signing there!

As for the CL, Bayern is tough. But hey, you beat Real Madrid 4-0. So, another upset is quite possible. ;)

He does, doesn't he? Looks so good already!

True, but I can't see us fluking it twice - especially with Neuer in goal!

New feeder club

Danish Superliga club Esbjerg fB are our new partner in crime. We have first option on their players, as well as the ability to send them players on loan.

Victor Valdes signs for FC Twente! Looked at his wages, 11k, I should have tried to bring him in! The only transfer I’m still considering is a new backup keeper so that I can loan Mohlin out, I’m undecided on whether or not I will keep him around or send him on loan.

When submitting my Champion’s Cup squad, I forgot to register my new backup left back Pierre Bengtsson, who joined on a free. Hopefully Ricardinho is available for both Bayern legs - I won’t be going any further!