Pre season transfers

View attachment 266310

So overall we only really spent what we brought in, although we have spent 5.5m on Crisetig and 725k on a Brazilian regen (more about him later), who aren’t shown here. Plenty of the transfer fund was converted to the wage budget. I initially felt that all my transfer business was wrapped up by the end of January, with the only possibility a backup goalkeeper. After searching through lots, I couldn’t find any suitable backups that were available - they either weren’t good enough, or were too expensive. Then I found the Korean number one, who is comfortably better than Olsen, and available very cheaply - though on high wages compared to the rest of my squad. Hopefully he and Kim Byung-Hyun can help to settle each other. His signing allowed me to send Mohlin on loan for the season. Then I found Florian Thauvin on the transfer list - Marseille were asking for just 1.6 million! I made an offer immediately and broke the bank in terms of wages in order to lure him here! His arrival corresponded the the sale of backup winger Matthias Lepiller, and Chris Eagles is still being offered to clubs - 3 or 4 are interested, but none have made offers yet. Sadly, both Thauvin and Seung-Gyu are unavailable for the Champions League.

View attachment 266309

Talented young Swedish winger. He will be my backup to Molins this season.

View attachment 266308

Strong Swedish centre back. He begins the season as my first choice partner for Helander. The fans are concerned at his signing from rivals AIK, but hopefully he will win them over.

View attachment 266307

Swedish left back in his prime. Definitely good enough to start - unfortunately, Ricardinho is his competition, and the first name on the team sheet. He will be my second choice left back.

View attachment 266306

Youngster with all the talent to become a world class striker. He will fight Eriksson and Rosenberg for game time up front, but should also see some minutes on the left wing.

View attachment 266305

Norwegian wonderkid who I’ve heard of but never seen before - I don’t normally load the Norwegian league, but did for this save, and he looks fantastic. My first choice DM at just 16 years old!

View attachment 266304

Brazilian gem with a cool name, who is natural at 3 positions! He has incredible potential, and could be an excellent super-sub due to his versatility. Not sure which position his long term future will be in but until Crisetig joins mid season, he will mostly be the backup to Ajer in DM, and Adu will be a backup CM.

View attachment 266303

Reliable looking right back, still young, and hopefully can be a mainstay in my team. On higher wages than anyone already at the club, and would have been the highest had it not been for my two late purchases. Begins as my first choice in his position ahead of Tinnerholm and Mater.

View attachment 266302

South Korean international keeper. Should be my new first choice, though is unavailable for this season’s Champion’s League.

View attachment 266301

My highest profile signing! A player I have always admired, but his signing was not planned. I was happy with Lepiller as backup but when I saw him on the transfer list I had to go all out for him. I can’t see him wanting to stay if a big foreign team comes in for him, as according to my coaches he has very high ambition and reasonably poor professionalism. Will fight for first team minutes on the left wing with Forsberg, and hopefully prove an inspired signing.

Some very nice pick-ups there mate.

Malmo are quickly becoming the number 1 destination for young Korean players!

Pre season results

View attachment 266205

Some unspectacular results until the last one. Byung-Hyun and Biro-Biro were tired from internationals so came off the bench for the last one, having been rested for all of the previous friendlies. They came onto the field, Biro-Biro picked up the ball and threw it in, Thauvin headed back to him, Biro-Biro swung in a cross and Byung-Hyun found the net with a header. A sign of things to come? I hope so!

Biro-Biro assisted Kim’s second goal too! He raced down the left flank and passed forward to the Korean. Kim stepped inside and beat his defenders before unleashing a 30 yard strike and finding the top right corner. Dream debut for the pair, who came on with 30 minutes to go and combined twice to add to the scoreline. Going to be a tough call for who starts up front against Bayern in 6 days time!

Transfer News...

I have agreed a deal for an 18 year old Brazilian left winger to join in July from Sāo Paulo. Believe me when I tell you that this guy is going to be world class, absolutely no question! He is unquestionably one of the best regens I’ve ever seen, and already looks good enough for my first team! Maybe I didn’t need to buy Thauvin, because either he or Forsberg is going to struggle to get minutes when young Alcir Gonçalves dos Santos, more commonly known as Santos, arrives. You think Kim Byung-Hyun is good? Just you wait! I only wish I’d noticed him before he was sent on loan to Dinamo of Croatia, because he’d be here now!

Some very nice pick-ups there mate.

Malmo are quickly becoming the number 1 destination for young Korean players!

Thanks, I'm very pleased with our business!

And hopefully they can settle each other, and attract any other quality South Koreans to join us too :p I had another guy on my shortlist but decided not to go for him in the end.

Thanks, I'm very pleased with our business!

And hopefully they can settle each other, and attract any other quality South Koreans to join us too :p I had another guy on my shortlist but decided not to go for him in the end.

Now that I think of it, it seems like a great betrayal signing & developing all those young Koreans!

You sure you are not a Korean spy? Not a single Aussie on the books, very suspicious :p

Hahahaha well I haven't found any Aussies good enough for the team! I don't choose based on nationality, that's called racism :p With the exception of Swedes, as it's a Swedish team.

Biro-Biro (or as I like to call him "Bic-Bic") sounds like he will be the natural successor to Ricardinho in time.

Biro-Biro (or as I like to call him "Bic-Bic") sounds like he will be the natural successor to Ricardinho in time.

Hahahaha well that's a strong possibility, needs a bit of work as a left back as he's a jack-of-all-trades right now, but certainly has the potential to be!

Champions League First Knockout Round - First Leg - Bayern Munich (Away)

So here we are at the Allianz Arena taking on Bayern Munich. I really don’t give us much chance at all, but it would be nice to keep the scoreline respectable, and we will give it our best shot. Thauvin and Kim Seung-Gyu joined too late to be registered, but Simon Thern has recovered from his injury to take a place on the bench, but is not match fit. I decided to stick with Eriksson up top, but Kim Byung-Hyun takes a place on the bench. I’ll refer to him as KBH from now on, too hard to keep typing his name!

The first 25 minutes was all Bayern - they had 59% possession and 10 shots! Robben came closest with a zig zagging run across my defence, but Olsen held his effort well.

We grew into the last 15 of the half though, and even threatened once or twice ourselves.

The half ended as it began, nil all, and I skipped the team talk by mistake! Not happy!

In the 69th minute, Adu and Thern came on for Possebon and Gustafson, and just two minutes later, KBH came on for Forsberg on the left wing.

A 77th minute Thiago free kick found Alonso, but Olsen made a diving stop to divert it behind.

Molins picked up a knock a minute later, but I couldn’t afford to play with 10 men so he stayed on.

In the 88th minute, the resistance finally was broken, as Gotze’s low cross from wide on the right made it to Muller on the left side of the penalty box, who rifled a volley inside the near post - heart breaking stuff!

In the 92nd minute, we unleashed a counterattack, and Eriksson played KBH in behind the defence. The youngster was denied by Manuel Neuer.

We kept the pressure up in injury time but could not find a way through.

So close, but no cigar! We played so well to keep Bayern at bay for 88 minutes! The stats say that they dominated us, which in one sense is true, but it’s also important to consider that we set out to defend, and mostly restricted them to long range efforts. They didn’t have a single Clear Cut Chance.This actually gives me some hope that with a bit of luck, we can get the result we need back in Sweden, though considering how defensive we were today, playing even a tiny bit more expansive could prove suicidal! And besides, we would still have to find a way past the world’s best goalkeeper.

POM: Thomas Müller (Bayern Munich - 7.9, 1G, 0A)

Best Malmö player: Rodrigo Possebon (7.0, 0G, 0A)

Unlucky mate, I am going to have to try skipping my team talks! :p

I took a screenshot of our friendly vs KTP as they didn’t have a single shot! Rosenberg got man of the match, but the real stars were Florian Thauvin, who went off injured in the first half, and Tinnerholm.

Thauvin’s injury rules him out for 2-3 weeks, a frustrating one as he is still integrating into the team.
Eagles joins New York Red Bulls for just 60k

Our next friendly was even more dominant - 47 shots to none! This concludes preseason, as our next fixture is the Swedish Cup.

Good luck against Bayern mate, fingers crossed for a huge upset. Ajer is unbelievably good, look forward to seeing him become a huge part of your successes. Look forward to more. :D

Wow, don't often see a game where the opposition fails to take 1 measely shot let alone 2 in a row!

Even if they are *****!