Good luck against Bayern mate, fingers crossed for a huge upset. Ajer is unbelievably good, look forward to seeing him become a huge part of your successes. Look forward to more. :D

Thanks mate, yeah he looks like a real talent!

Swedish Cup Group Stage - Game 1 - Degerfors

This first Cup match is a chance for most of my backup players to have a go. With the Bayern match in 3 days time, every single player I intend to start in that match is either on the bench, or not even in the squad. This will be a test, therefore, against second tier side Degerfors. Halmstad are the main threat in our group.

It was pouring rain, and there were many broken sequences of play. KBH tried a shot from range in the 20th but it narrowly missed the top right corner.

Johansson got injured and had to be replaced by Helander in the 21st minute.

We utterly dominated the first period, but the score remained locked at nil all. Once again, I skipped the team talk by mistake!

Possebon and Eriksson came on for Adu and KBH in the 61st minute.

And in the 74th, Possebon dribbled through the middle and played the ball to Eriksson, who found Neri for a first time effort into the top left corner!

Neri teed up Possebon in the 83rd minute, but the keeper held his tame shot.

A counterattack in the 84th began with keeper KSG, who found Petrovic out wide. Drasko raced down the right and passed inside for Eriksson. Magnus took his bearings and unleashed a blistering shot from distance, which beat the keeper but struck the bar. Neri was first to the rebound, but his goal bound effort was diverted by a sliding defender.

The corner was cleared but worked back to the taker, Bengtsson, who found Helander unmarked at the near post. Filip stopped the ball and looked up, taking way too long, and he was tackled. Bengtsson had followed his cross and struck the loose ball, but it was easily held by the keeper.

In the 88th, Blomqvist looped a header from Bengtsson’s free kick over the keeper for his first Malmö goal.

In a remarkably similar piece of play to his first goal, Neri was once again found by Eriksson, but this time, the keeper got a hand to his low shot and turned it behind.

We continued to probe around their area until the whistle went.

A solid win, but nothing more than I expected. KBH was disappointing up front, but Pierre Bengtsson and Gianluca Neri were both outstanding!

POM: Pierre Bengtsson (8.8, 0G, 1A)

Champions League First Knockout Round - Second Leg - Bayern Munich (Home)

The home leg against Bayern Munich. Unlike the match against Real, I’m not going to completely write us off here. We played very well in Munich, and with a bit of luck, I think we could score a goal. If Bayern score however, we will need three, and will be facing a huge uphill battle. We will have to wait and see, but it’s difficult to see us getting the result we need here.

The first 20 minutes was cagey, and so I switched to a more aggressive strategy.

In the 29th minute, Ricardinho swung in a corner and found Helander at the near post, whose powerful header struck the crossbar!

In the 44th minute, Forsberg played an unbelievable chipped through ball for Eriksson, but he was denied by the onrushing Neuer!

Here are the half time stats - we had less possession, but looked the more likely to make the breakthrough.

Nothing was happening for Simon Thern, so Gustafson replaced him in the 64th minute.

KBH came on for Eriksson in the 70th.

In the 84th, Neri came on for Ajer and moved to AMC in my last throw of the dice.

In the 90th, KBH embarked on a run from inside our own half, but his eventual shot was held by the diving Neuer.

We did our best but our desperate long balls were easily dealt with by the Germans, who held out for the scoreless draw, and the 1-0 aggregate victory.

We were so close in the first half, and had one of those efforts gone in, perhaps it would have been a different story. Nonetheless, we can be very proud of our performances over the two legs, and indeed over the whole tournament! There is no doubt in my mind that next year we will be a force to be reckoned with!

POM: Ricardinho (7.5, 0G, 0A)

And there it is, we have been eliminated, but have certainly done ourselves proud.

Unlucky mate - no shame in pushing Bayern all the way!

Seems like you've had a solid pre-season there mate. Hope you can turn things around against Bayern Munich, although that'll be a toug nut to crack. Best of luck!

Well done for taking Bayern that far!

Thanks, we did well, but they were just too strong. I looked at the report before the second match. Our average weekly wage is about 2.5-4k or something, theirs is 110k, so a slight disparity there!

Seems like you've had a solid pre-season there mate. Hope you can turn things around against Bayern Munich, although that'll be a toug nut to crack. Best of luck!

Thanks mate, pre season went well, and we did our best against Bayern, but unfortunately we weren't quite good enough

To tell the truth I'm not all that disappointed, because if I'd won then I feel like the story would have become very boring very quickly!

excited for the season to kick off!! Biro-Biro looks top notch and looking forward to seeing a screen shot of Santos when he arrives! Valiant effort against munich too!

excited for the season to kick off!! Biro-Biro looks top notch and looking forward to seeing a screen shot of Santos when he arrives! Valiant effort against munich too!

I honestly can't wait for Santos, going to be insane!

Swedish Cup Group Stage - Game 2 - Husqvarna

Our second match in the group stage of the Swedish Cup, and I’d be very surprised if lowly Husqvarna gave us any trouble.

In the 7th minute, Molins’ cross was redirected into the net by an unfortunate defender.

In the 11th minute, Forsberg’s excellent shot was saved by the keeper’s fingertips, but he was left sprawled on the ground, and Molins was first to the rebound, converting from a tight angle.

Guillermo doubled his tally in the 34th when he was found alone at the back post by Bengtsson’s brilliant cross.

In the 37th, Adu passed to Forsberg who skipped past his defender and had a one on one with the keeper, but his low shot went wide of the far post.

Just a minute later he was on the board however, as he volleyed Molins’ cross into the roof of the net.

In the 55th, he got his second, as Bengtsson’s cross was volleyed by Eriksson. The shot was blocked by a defender, and Eriksson tried again, but was denied by the keeper’s foot. This rebound fell to Forsberg, who made no mistake.

Gustafson made it 6 in the 60th minute when he found the top left corner from the edge of the box.

Eriksson’s header from Linnes’ 68th minute cross struck the post.

KBH came on for Eriksson in the 72nd, and Ajer for Adu in the 78th.

Neri replaced Gustafson for the last 5.

An excellent performance, with every starter bar the keeper getting a rating of at least 8.2, and 5 players with at least 9.0! Can’t read into it too much against a weak opposition however.

POM: Guillermo Molins (9.6, 2G, 2A)

They make a decent chainsaw but football is not their go apparently!