Looks like things are coming together mate, keep it up! :)

Couple of good results there mate.

Looking forward to seeing how Jovic develops at the club, think he could be a massive part of the future at Malmo. I sold him on my Den Haag save for £42,500,000 to Chelsea, so if he hits his potential he'll be a massive asset for the club!

Couple of good results there mate.

Looking forward to seeing how Jovic develops at the club, think he could be a massive part of the future at Malmo. I sold him on my Den Haag save for £42,500,000 to Chelsea, so if he hits his potential he'll be a massive asset for the club!

42.5m?? Wow!! Here's hoping he turns out that well for me! I definitely signed him with the intent of him helping shape our future :D

Jovic is a quality signing man! Things seem to be going well so far :)

Swedish Premier Division - Game 5 - Djurgården (Home)

Just 3 days later, we faced off against Djurgården again, this time at home and in the league. Mehmeti had the first real chance, striking the bar in the 17th minute. However, he made up for it 5 minutes later by firing home from the edge of the box through traffic. Rosenberg doubled the lead in the 49th from the 6 yard box when he redirected Forsberg’s cross. It was 2-1 15 minutes later when Amadou Jawo scored his 11th goal of the season for Djurgården. Fortunately, our two goal cushion was restored in the 84th minute as Mehmeti was the first to substitute Lepiller’s near post corner. We survived a late scare as Olsen saved twice in quick succession from Jawo and Broberg.

POM: Agon Mehmeti (9.0, 2G, 0A)

Swedish Premier Division - Game 6 - IFK Göteborg (Away)

Up next was IFK Göteborg, and we created the first chance in just the 3rd minute. A clever one-two between Forsberg and Mehmeti led to a shot which was smartly saved, and Forsberg hit the side netting off his own rebound. From the resulting goal kick, Göteborg made their way to the edge of our box, where Calvo was smartly tackled by Tinnerholm. The ball trickled across goal and Zohore slid the ball underneath Olsen, who hadn’t moved. 1-0.
In the 37th, Salomonsson’s cross found Calvo at the back post for a 2-0 lead.
Just after half time I dragged Molins off for Lepiller after yet another disappointing performance on the right wing. Shortly afterwards, Cibicki replaced Rosenberg, and almost immediately forced a great save with an acrobatic volley from a Ricardinho cross. In the 73rd, Mehmeti had a shot blocked from point blank range. Calvo fired over for Göteborg just 2 minutes later, which was followed by an offside goal from Zohore, and Vibe hitting the post. We couldn’t find even a consolation goal, as we suffered our first defeat in 6 matches, and fell to 7th on the table. A disappointing loss to a close rival.

POM: Emil Salomonsson (IFK Göteborg - 8.1, 0G, 1A)

Best Malmö player: Ricardinho (6.9, 0G, 0A)

Good run until that last game! Looks like you were a bit unlucky as you had more possession/shots/shots on target...

Good run until that last game! Looks like you were a bit unlucky as you had more possession/shots/shots on target...

Thank you :) It seems that way, I feel like that's been the case with all of our losses so far, which is really quite frustrating!

Swedish Cup Semi Final - Hammarby Fotboll (Away)
We came up against Hammarby Fotboll in the Cup Semi Final next, looking to bounce back from a poor performance in the league. A heavily rotated squad came into the match, and almost fell behind in the 35th minute. Fortunately, Hallenius’ goal was correctly ruled offside. Rosenberg’s tight angle shot 6 minutes later was well blocked. Hammarby finally opened the scoring with a header from a corner in the 55th minute. A brilliant free kick doubled their lead with just 12 minutes remaining. Another poor performance as we are kicked from the cup by a second tier side. I paid the price for rotating too many first team players out of the side. A small consolation was that Hammarby had been in sensational form, and this was their 6th consecutive clean sheet in the Swedish Cup, a record.

POM: Viktor Nordin (Hammarby Fotboll - 8.3, 1G, 0A)

Best Malmö player: Guy Moussi (7.4, 0G, 0A)

It has become clear to me more recently that Hammarby really should be in the Premier Division - I noticed on someone else's story, I think it may have been Safc-mad-scotty's, that they were competing in Europe in just the second or third season! Apart from that, they have a quality squad :p

Apologies for this screenshot, this was the other match where I'd forgotten to screenshot postgame, but I haven't done it since and hopefully won't either :p

Great detail in your story mate, really like how easy it is to read and get all the information needed to see how you are doing. Keep it going.

Great detail in your story mate, really like how easy it is to read and get all the information needed to see how you are doing. Keep it going.

Thank you, I really appreciate the support! :) If you think of anything I can improve I'm always open to suggestions from anyone

Injury news: Anton Tinnerholm, first choice right back and one of my most reliable players, has picked up an injury at a terrible time. :(

New Signing: Chris Eagles impressed me whilst on trial, and earned himself a contract at Swedbank Stadion.

(Sorry no accompanying screenshot :( )

April Summary

What had been a great month ended poorly with back to back 2-0 defeats. We are yet to win an away game in the league (admittedly, we’re only 6 games into the season), and hopefully we can correct that in our next match against Elfsborg. Despite taking just 10 of a possible 18 points, we are just 3 points behind first placed Helsingborg, and thus are certainly still in the title race.

Swedish Premier Division - Game 7 - Elfsborg (Away)

We travelled to second placed Elfsborg next, and as mentioned, were looking for our first away win in the league. Mehmeti and Cibicki started up top as I continued my search for a consistent strike partnership. Ricardinho put us a goal to the good in the 11th minute with a stunning free kick, his second of the season! Sadly, Guy Moussi went down in first half injury time, so had to be replaced by Enock Adu. Second half, and some very end to end football resulted in the equaliser for Elfsborg. Just two minutes later, they fired wide from a one on one! In the 67th, Eagles and Cibicki were pulled off for Lepiller and Rosenberg. Come the 81st minute though, and it was Elfsborg who yet again came close, a volley in the box dragged wide by Nilsson. In the 84th, Johansson found Rosenberg with a long ball and he was through for a one on one. He shot straight into the keeper. Just two minutes later, Matías Concha, my only right back thanks to Tinnerholm’s injury, committed a soft foul and they had a penalty. Nilsson stepped up and made no mistake. Helander’s injury time effort from a corner was comfortably saved. Despite good performances from Rodrigo Possebon and Ricardinho, we have slumped to our third consecutive defeat!

POM: Viktor Claesson (Elfsborg - 8.3, 1G, 0A)

Best Malmö player: Ricardinho (8.3, 1G, 0A)

Injury News:

Chris Eagles has joined the injury list for 5-6 weeks :(

Unlucky in that last one. Elfsborg look to be travelling pretty well though.

Unlucky in that last one. Elfsborg look to be travelling pretty well though.

Yeah Elfsborg are a good team for sure, but our current form is pretty dire, and throwing away a lead like that isn't good enough :(

Midweek Friendly - Malmo FF U/19

In an attempt to rediscover our form, I scheduled a friendly match against our under 19’s 3 days later. Rosenberg missed a sitter from a brilliant Forsberg pass, but scored a nice volley from a Ricardinho cross, before missing another simple chance in first half injury time. Second half brought 10 substitutions and a change in system. I was hoping that 18 year old right back Jonathan Ekendahl could prove his worth, and put pressure on Concha until Tinnerholm returns from injury. Eriksson, playing as a lone striker, missed an easy 1v1. Cibicki’s innocuous header from Lepiller’s clever chip snuck under the keeper for a 2-0 lead. Lepiller then forced a good save with a long range free kick. It was a dull match from there, and Cibicki’s 7.2 was the highest rating. Sadly, his injury time injury rules him out for 2 weeks. I did discover my under 19’s had a better right back than Ekendahl though, so Jacob Palander, who happened to be their best performer, may get a chance in the first team soon.

In other news, Hammarby Fotboll, the team who beat us in the semi finals, won the Swedish Cup 3-2 in extra time over Norrköping.