Swedish Premier Division - Match 10 - Halmstad (Home)

Next up was Halmstad, and my only changes were Lepiller starting in place of the injured Molins, and swapping wings with Forsberg, and Possebon playing in midfield in place of Adu.

In the first minute Lepiller found space for a shot, which was well saved but earned us a corner. We got another corner on the other side, and Johansson’s header was brilliantly saved.

Forsberg then scored, but was ruled offside. All of this within the first 2 and a half minutes!

3 minutes later and the danger was up our end, as Olsen pulled off an excellent save from a point blank volley.

Nothing further of note happened until the 27th minute, where Halmstad scored, but were also given offside.

32nd minute, and Forsberg was brought down just inside the box. Lepiller buried the penalty.

In the 57th minute, we doubled our lead, as Lepiller found Eriksson, who found the top left corner.

They linked again just three minutes later, Lepiller cutting inside and finding Eriksson running wide. His cross deflected off a defender, and Simon Thern ran onto it and first timed his shot into the net!

Johansson hit the bar from a late corner, before 18 year old right back Jakob Palander made his debut from the bench.

Once again, Lepiller and Eriksson, with a goal and an assist apiece, were the stars of the show in a “highly polished performance”.

POM: Matthias Lepiller (8.9, 1G, 1A)

We are now third in the table and just two points behind leaders Elfsborg! With three consecutive 3-0 wins, we can look ahead with optimism, which was unthinkable during our three game losing run, where we looked toothless.

Sadly we still have a number of injuries in the squad:

Swedish Premier Division - Match 11 - Åtvidaberg (Home)

I didn’t realise heading into this match that Ricardinho was suspended, and I had terminated Julien’s trial contract the day before as he didn’t look very impressive. I then realised that I had no left backs! Young Palander was forced to step up and play an unfamiliar position in his first ever senior start!

The game started well enough - we created the first chance in the 8th minute, as Eriksson played a familiar through ball to Lepiller, who short narrowly wide of the near post.

Within two minutes, Thern sprayed a pass out wide to Concha on the right, who after dancing around with it for a bit, put in a cross. Forsberg ran towards it and met it outside of the near post, first timing a sensational half volley into the net!

Sadly, a break down our right flank in the 15th minute led to Helander committing an unnecessary foul and conceding a penalty. Sjölund stepped up and sent it just above the diving Olsen.

In the 38th minute that same man Sjölund hit the bar from a free kick, and the rebound was turned in by Sköld.

We were back on level terms in first half injury time when Guy Moussi half volleyed an attempted headed clearance from a Lepiller corner into the roof.

The second half came and we were given a huge boost in the 53rd minute as Sjölund was shown his second yellow card!

Lepiller ballooned the free kick over the bar, and I removed him in favour of Cibicki shortly afterwards, Forsberg switching to the left.

We pushed forwards but couldn’t find a breakthrough. Then disaster struck, as Palander committed a foul off a free kick, to gift them a second penalty in the 86th minute! Olsen guessed correctly again but could do nothing to stop Petterson’s shot.

My switch to 3 strikers in desperation was to no avail as we fell to a poor defeat at home to the division’s bottom side - their first win of the season!

Very disappointed as they scored 3 from just 6 shots, yet we could manage just 2 from 28. Elfsborg could only manage a draw with AIK so their lead is only 3, though second placed Brommapojkarna have a game in hand and could go a point in front.

POM: Daniel Sjölund (Åtvidaberg - 7.5, 1G, 1A)

Best Malmö Player: Emil Forsberg (7.4, 1G, 0A)

The most extraordinary thing is that I was asked once more about what I thought of Peter Swärdh’s job situation. I said it was none of my business, as prior to the match he had reacted to my support saying he would prefer I didn’t comment. Lo and behold, next thing you know he responds to my lack of comment by saying that he can’t wait until I’m in his position, because he certainly won’t be supporting me! There’s just no pleasing some people!

View attachment 277855

(I think I've made a new friend :p :wub:)

Some good news is that Anton Tinnerholm has resumed full training. I hope he will be ready to play 90 minutes very soon!

Are Malmo and Åtvidaberg listed as rivals?? If not, then Swärdh is a complete pillock!

Think Mr Swardh may have a split personality disorder or something, really should be seeking medical advice. :p

Think Mr Swardh may have a split personality disorder or something, really should be seeking medical advice. :p

Yeah I've recommended one or two quality psychologists in the area and he less than politely told me what to do with myself, so it's good to know that he likes me enough to use such informal language :) :wub:

Swedish Premier Division - Match 12 - AIK

I gave Tinnerholm 60 minutes for the under 21’s a few days ago, and have decided to start him here, despite some reasonably good performances from Concha in his absence.

AIK have been playing well lately after a poor start to the season, and after last weeks loss I am particularly keen to bounce back with a win here.

The first real opportunity didn’t come until the 27th minute. Lepiller crossed for Eriksson whose half volley was well saved, but the rebound fell to Forsberg who made no mistake on his half volley.

The game continued on it’s uneventful way until Tinnerholm was forced off by injury in the 51st minute! :(

Nothing remarkable from then until AIK had a player sent off in the 76th minute for his second yellow card.

In the 87th minute a “Hail Mary” long ball somehow found Lucas Boyé behind the defence, but Johansson got back in time to block his effort.

Lepiller fired over in the last action of the match.

Forsberg was the only player on the pitch who consistently impressed, and was the difference between the sides in the end.

POM: Emil Forsberg (8.0, 1G, 0A)

Fortunately, Tinnerholm's injury was nothing more than a knock :)

Mater looks good mate, 1980 was a good year. Nothing wrong with us oldies. You don't win anything with kids you know ;)

Mater looks good mate, 1980 was a good year. Nothing wrong with us oldies. You don't win anything with kids you know ;)

Yeah he looks reliable for sure

Hahaha well we all know us kids run rings around oldies like you. 1980, that's ancient history ;)

Yeah he looks reliable for sure

Hahaha well we all know us kids run rings around oldies like you. 1980, that's ancient history ;)

Ya lucky my arthritis is playing up or I'd kick your *** for a smart *** remark like that! :p