Swedish Premier Division - Game 3 - Gefle (Away)

Next up was Gefle, and we tried a different formation. Having previously played a 4-4-2, but with wide midfielders in the attacking midfield strata, I switched to a 4-1-3-2, with a DM, 3 CM’s and 2 strikers. An uneventful first half led me to reverting to the original formula early in the second half. In the 61st minute, their centre back Olof Mård was shown his second yellow card, giving us a boost in our search for a winner. In the 79th minute, we finally scored! But Rosenberg’s strike was ruled offside. Sadly, that was our last real opportunity, and the match ended scoreless. Another frustrating result where we dominated the match, yet failed to capitalise on our superiority. 60% possession, total control of territory, and 18 shots, yet just 4 on target! I am beginning to seriously worry about my strikers.

POM: Marcus Hansson (Gefle - 8.6, 0G, 0A)

Best Malmö Player: Ricardinho (7.3, 0G, 0A)

In other news...

New triallist:

English winger Chris Eagles joins us on trial. The 28 year old is a versatile player and provided his demands aren’t too high, I will be offering him a contract shortly.

Question time: Which match summary do you prefer? The one in the most recent post, or the one I've shown in the other matches?

I could do both, although the only reason I did the most recent one differently is I forgot to take a screenshot post match so had to go to the match summary above later

Any other advice on how this could be improved would be most welcome too :)

Question time: Which match summary do you prefer? The one in the most recent post, or the one I've shown in the other matches?

I could do both, although the only reason I did the most recent one differently is I forgot to take a screenshot post match so had to go to the match summary above later

I personally prefer the previous match reports as it shows live tables etc. :)

This is Eagles... OHHHHH CHRIS EAGLES!!! Man Utd 4, Everton 2!

I prefer the former, the one just after the match.

Decent signings but Lepiller is claass ! Jovic transfer is really business ! He'll take down your records :)
Tough start,but not poor ! Good luck mate !
Chris would be a good choice if you're gonna approach him...
Keep it up mate !

Yeah I'd go with the table one mate.

Would think Eagles would be quite a good signing for the league, how's he stack up?

Nice start mate, I'm sure once the team gets used to your tactics etc you'll be fine. Prefer the first set of match reports too. Keep up the good work.

Okay so by popular demand, I will do my best to show the first match report! That had been my plan all along, so I'm glad I don't have to retake screenshots of the next 10 matches, although I have a bad feeling I may have missed another one by mistake and got the wrong style, but we'll just have to live with it :p

Decent signings but Lepiller is claass ! Jovic transfer is really business ! He'll take down your records :)
Tough start,but not poor ! Good luck mate !
Chris would be a good choice if you're gonna approach him...
Keep it up mate !

Thank you, yes Jovic has me excited at what he might be able to achieve! Hoping that my tactic comes together soon :)
Thanks for the support!

This is Eagles... OHHHHH CHRIS EAGLES!!! Man Utd 4, Everton 2!

Hahaha I didn't even know he was a former Manc, that was his only league goal for them apparently! Might change my mind about signing him then... :p

Yeah I'd go with the table one mate.

Would think Eagles would be quite a good signing for the league, how's he stack up?

He has some good all-round stats for the league, and considering my struggles at finding someone to perform at right wing, he may slot straight into the first team ahead of Molins!

Nice start mate, I'm sure once the team gets used to your tactics etc you'll be fine. Prefer the first set of match reports too. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the support! Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later :p 4 from 9 is hardly an ideal start to a title defence :p

Transfer Deadline Day:

Malmö FF did not make any deadline day deals

However...

My scouts were too slow to provide a report on deadline day for a player I had identified as a target. Häcken’s 19 year old Swedish Centre Midfielder Simon Gustafson is a talented playmaker who was courted by FC Red Bull Salzburg before agreeing to join us in July in a 625k transfer deal. Not only is he a player who can make an impact upon his arrival, he also has the potential to improve greatly and become a key player for us long term.

Swedish Premier Division - Game 4 - Örebro SK (Home)

Things finally clicked against Örebro SK. I handed triallist Chris Eagles his debut and he was reasonably impressive, but by no means the standout in a clinical performance. Forsberg opened the scoring and Rosenberg followed with a brace, before Forsberg scored his second, all in the first 40 minutes. The rest of the game proceeded with few incidents.

POM: Emil Forsberg (9.4, 2G, 0A)

Was it Kandersson who is the AIK fan? You can't be liking this table, sorry :(

Injury News:

We were hit by a couple of injuries just before our cup game. Veteran left back Atouba, who I had intended to hand a debut in the cup, and talented young goalkeeper Sixten Mohlin, who I had been considering playing as well. Ricardinho and Olsen are now almost certain to start.

Swedish Cup - Quarter Final - Djurgården (Away)

We were hosted by Djurgården for the quarter final, and got off to a flyer! Lepiller won us another penalty in the 5th minute, but this time he converted it, giving us an early lead. In the 17th, a lovely lead from Mehmeti found him in space for Rosenberg’s through ball, and he made no mistake, firing across the keeper for a 2-0 lead. Lepiller failed to increase the lead in the 24th, shooting straight at the keeper from point blank range. Our lead was halved in the 54th minute when Sebastian Andersson tapped home his first ever goal for Djurgården. Rosenberg should have sealed it in the 86th minute but was somehow thwarted by the goalkeeper Jonsson’s “determined block”. Just 3 minutes later, Mehmeti fired wide with the goal gaping. Fortunately, there was no late equaliser, and we progressed to the semi finals with a much narrower margin of victory than we perhaps deserved. The semi final will be at home to Hammarby Fotboll.

POM: Rodrigo Possebon (8.3, 0G, 0A)