Man City 1-1 Hull City

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 66
  • Views Views 2K
Gatid, he won champions league with Porto, I find it hard to question Mourinho ability, although he did spend a lot of money at Chelsea, Ranieri also did without much success, Mourinho isn't about 'attractive football' all the time but he grinds out a lot of wins. He never won the Champions league at Chelsea but that is a very hard trophy to win.

Gatid thts a bit far, the day he takes over utd, will be a very good day for all united fans, and a bad day for all the other clubs

Gatid, he won champions league with Porto, I find it hard to question Mourinho ability, although he did spend a lot of money at Chelsea, Ranieri also did without much success, Mourinho isn't about 'attractive football' all the time but he grinds out a lot of wins. He never won the Champions league at Chelsea but that is a very hard trophy to win.

Get what you mean mate, but i personally dont rate him nothing will change my opinions yh he might of won the champions league with porto but they had a brilliant squad in those years. Mourinho at chelsea hardly did anything he basically had the squad ranieri built and yet he only won the premiership twice? not good enough then when times are struggling he resigns from them. If he were to go to man utd he would fail and i mean big time his style of football and style of management would not suit man utd at all any man utd fans who thinks hes the 'one' to replace the greatest manager of all time in ferguson you must me out of your head.

But thats just my personal opinion if city/utd fans want him as manager then go for it then im not stopping them.

Last edited:
he was only there for 3 full seasons tho.

to win the prem 3 times on the trot is very hard, hence why only man utd have done it

True. he could never manage a club like Arsenal with the resources like that but experience with Chelsea, Porto and Inter shows that he knows how to win titles despite them all having great squads, it may of been Ranieri signings at Chelsea but how come Ranieri didn't win anything with them. If Man United maintain a good squad and I'm sure Fergie will make sure of that, there is no reason why Mourinho will not be the best and most qualified for the job, United fans just want more titles than Liverpool and stay above City at all costs, chuck in a few Champion league's and they will be happy, Mourinho record in CL since Porto hasn't been that good compared to money spent but United fans would probaly rather win PL than Cl.

he was only there for 3 full seasons tho.

to win the prem 3 times on the trot is very hard, hence why only man utd have done it

Yes he had one of the best teams he could ever dream of, Lampard in his prime, a fully fit joe cole, drogba, JT, a fully fit carvalho in his prime, cole(hate to admit it), cudicini, makelele, robben, duff and theres a awful lot more i could go on for ages. Comnig from a arsenal fan aswell thats a really good squad when mourinho first joined it was better than man utds with ronaldo.

Pathetic Scott lol dont give the only man utd can do it arsenal will win three premiership titles in a row some day. Again whatever you post im not going to change my mind about him:)

And mourinho swapped ibra for eto plus 40m+? clueless management imo who on earth would do that.

Last edited:
i know i would,

i wasnt being pathetic mate. to win 3 prems on the trot is very hard. especially when you have ambra, in your ear all the time. sheva signed without mourinho say,

i know i would,

i wasnt being pathetic mate. to win 3 prems on the trot is very hard. especially when you have ambra, in your ear all the time. sheva signed without mourinho say,

Would you? I wouldnt swap ibra for eto for a exchange let alone add another 40m with it. Yes chelsea might have a idiotic of a chairman but you cant always use that as a excuse its the manager's job to motivate everyone and get performances offf the pitch and etc.

Yes shevchenko was signed behind mourinhos back but you dont use that as a reason to not give the guy enough chances to prove himself. Meh you could say i hate mourinho with a passion but i theres a lot more people who dislike him also.

Get back onto topic guys.

Last edited:
mourinho was class at chelsea, and i loved the cockyness about him, because he is so good he can be cocky, he is a quality manager, and i would love to see him back in premiership

Would you? I wouldnt swap ibra for eto for a exchange let alone add another 40m with it. Yes chelsea might have a idiotic of a chairman but you cant always use that as a excuse its the manager's job to motivate evveryone and get performances offf the pitch and etc.

Yes shevchenko was signed behind mourinhos back but you dont use that as a reason to not give the guy a chance to prove himself. Meh you could say i hate mourinho with a passion but i theres a lot more people who dislike him also.

Get back onto topic guys.

dnt mean to be rude.

but it was

ibra= Eto + 40million

with inter getting the 40million

inter ripped barca

I would hate it if we got Mourinho at United, he wont suit United's way of playing. He is a good manager but i think we need someone to replace Fergie in the long run and Mourinho has shown he is incapable of doing that.

dnt mean to be rude.

but it was

ibra= Eto + 40million

with inter getting the 40million

inter ripped barca

Was it? meh my bad then sorry about that. Meh i hate mourinho with a passion and as ive said ive never rated him as a truly class manager.

Thank you andid.

Last edited:
kk fair enough mate, just thought you didnt know tht,

The difference between portsmouth and man city is the 10 billion quid they have,
and mourinho would do good at city although i do not reckon he would drop down to that level just yet, he will be at united in a few years just wait and see.

Well City had last season and they didn't buy the players they needed. Plus Chelsea didn't have Mourinho first season, but I get what you mean

City got taken over on the last day of the transfer window, what did you expect them to do? sign a crazy amount of players? They got Robinho and that was considered as a bonus at that point. They also went for Berbatov, Villa, Ribery and some more but failed in their attempts. So you can't really blame City if they didn't want to go.

So no they didn't have last season and it wouldn't be fair to judge them this year as there has been an overhaul of players coming in and out. People forget that alot of the starting 11 are still trying to gel together.

And you can't really compare this to when Chelsea had Mourinho as we had a solid foundation to build upon and a proper captain which City don't have at the moment.
I think City will get a new manager soon, maybe not this season but next year im almost certain a high profile manager will take to the helm.

Off-topic, you said you supported villa the other day, and newcastle before that. Jheeze, you change clubs more times than I change my undies.

Back