Man City - Clearing Out The Old Folks Home - Youth Challenge

coolmcool

Reaction score
So after spending 3 months on my Limerick save struggling with budgets and spending a few thousand here or there over 10 seasons i thought i would have a bit more of a fun save and have a go as Man City.

The back story for this save is how poor Man City have been in recent weeks and how a lot of the media points out they have one of the oldest teams in the League which is what i plan to change.

Rules For Save

Only Sign Players 21 or Under

Sell Players Over 30

Bring Youth Players Through

Sign Young English Talent

Hopes for Save

Win All The Cups Blah Blah

Have Youth Academy Players In The Side

Create The Next Big Thing

View attachment 282194

The main challenge to start with is going to be getting rid of some of these old players on big wages with 5 members in the main squad already in their thirties and over half the squad at least 28 years old!

View attachment 282193

Been waiting on a City story. Interesting spin, will follow!

Man City

View attachment 818142

August 2014
Community Shield

So the big stories so far is nobody wants the likes of Yaya Toure, Edin Dzeko or Sagna so i havent been able to strengthen the squad at all either, i have got a few youngsters to sign new contracts and brought a couple into the main squad whilst Demichelis was the only player to leave the club so far to none other than Real Madrid though! He went for just under £1Million.

Starting 11 and Tactic For Community Shield

View attachment 282191

Those of you who have seen my Limerick save will see im using the same tactic and hoping for similar sort of results.

I tried a few different starting 11's in Pre-Season and tried a few tactics to get a feel of the side, it all started well but certainly didnt end well!

View attachment 282190

Community Shield V Arsenal

View attachment 282189

So the big worry before the game was Kompany being out injured and a defence of Mangala and Boyata had me worried but the Mangala on FM is a little better than his real life counterpart at the moment.
But it didnt matter anyway as we totally dominated Arsenal from the start with Yaya Toure scoring the opener showing why he shouldnt be on the transfer list i guess before Silva scored a second to win my first trophy.
Mangala did like to make things interesting though by getting sent off so early into the second half.​

In my first season with Man City I scraped 4th on the final day of the season! they give you £126m to spend in the second season!

I've loved all of your youth challenge stories so far, so this should be good! :D

sad to see the limerick story go but you did get far with them, following this new save with interest
Thanks mate
In my first season with Man City I scraped 4th on the final day of the season! they give you £126m to spend in the second season!
Did the money not mess with FFP?
I've loved all of your youth challenge stories so far, so this should be good! :D
Thanks mate, struggling to sell all the old guys at the moment though! May just drop them from the side after the transfer window if their still here.

Man City

View attachment 819313

August 2014

Man City and Chelsea Joint Favourites For The Title

View attachment 281720

Premier League V Hull

View attachment 281719

Another dominant performance but Captain Kompany may have been brought back to soon from injury after he faded in the second half.
We started well with a couple of quick goals inside 10 minutes, they managed to nick a goal back after the hour mark but it didnt take us long to get our 2 goal lead back thanks to a solo run from Navas.
They then had Alex Bruce score from a corner to set up a nervy last 15 minutes but we managed to see out the win.

Silva Complaining Already!

View attachment 281718

Premier League V Chelsea

View attachment 281717

The big news here was Aguero picking up an injury before the match so Jovetic started up top, We started well again with Fernandinho scoring a scorcher of an early goal before Jovetic made it 2-0 just after the half hour mark.
Zouma soon got a goal back for them yet again from a set piece, must be our weak point but in the second half the match was all but over with Fernandinho getting his second from the penalty spot.
Mangala grabbed another late on to help the scoreline look even more impressive as we beat our main Title Rivals 4-1 away from home!

Easy Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 281716

All that Moaning and David Silva has done himelf and Injury

View attachment 281715

Premier League V Everton

View attachment 281714

Were on fire at the moment with another impressive display as we have 20 shots to Everton's 2 and have a man of the match performance from Jesus Navas to thank for another victory as he scores twice and sets up Mangala's goal too.
It seems that the FM world is opposite to real life as my best players so far are Mangala and Navas too of City's worse in real life.

Nasri Out Injured Along With Silva

View attachment 281712

My Player of the Month - Jesus Navas 3 Goals and 3 Assists

View attachment 281711

League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 281710

Top of the table whilst Navas is dominating the stats charts at the moment.

Transfers

So i failed to sell anyone! David Silva, Edin Dzeko and Yaya Toure were all up for sale in cut price deals but still nobody want them not even in swap deals for younger probably lesser players.
So nobody came in either, but i have dropped Yaya Toure and Sagna into the Under 21's due to their age, so we now just have 2 over 30 players in the main squad, Lampard will be leaving in January so i want to make the most of him for a few months and the other is Keeper Caballero who only just arrived so wont be going anywhere until next summer

View attachment 281708

Nice man, love your stories! Will definitely be following.

Jason denayer becomes a real quality cb (in your u21s). Loaned him 3 seasons straight in my west brom save then bought for 12m then sold 2 seasons later for 40m.

Having a break from Limerick? Looking forward to seeing how this goes, Didnt realise citeh had such an ageing squad!

Having a break from Limerick? Looking forward to seeing how this goes, Didnt realise citeh had such an ageing squad!
Yeah they are getting on a bit, quite a few of them are 28 so in two years time like half the squad will have to be sold, Limerick was getting a bit boring so far in, being so dominant domestically and doing well in Europe but we still dont get any money and struggle to bring in new players

Man City

View attachment 821962

September 2014

Premier League V West Brom

View attachment 280555

The big shock in the team selection was Brandon Barker starting on the wing, but we really struggled to get the ball in the net with a ton of chances but it took til the 83rd minute before someone found the net and it was one of our centre backs!

Bony, Fernando and Barker Make Man City Debuts

View attachment 280554

Champions League V Lille

View attachment 280553

They took a shock lead but it wasnt for very long as Aguero turned on the style with a couple of good goals but the big story here was Aguero and Silva going off injured.

Aguero Out For A Month

View attachment 280552

Premier League V Newcastle

View attachment 280551

Silva went off injured again whilst Aguero's replacement Dzeko had a poor game, we had the better chances but Newcastle still took the lead late into the first half, we had old man Lampard to thank for a very late equalizer though.

Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd V West Brom

View attachment 280548

A few changes for the Cup game with Bony, Barker, Bossaerts and Maffeo all starting, we dominated the game yet again but struggled to score with Jovetic up top this time getting the only goal, with Aguero injured i think Jovetic will be our main striker with Dzeko and Bony failing to impress.

Maffeo and Bossaerts Make Man City Debuts

View attachment 280542

We Get ****** Chelsea For the Capital One Cup 4th rnd

View attachment 280541

Premier League V Tottenham

View attachment 280540

Bore Draw!

Champions League V Porto

View attachment 280539

Navas got an early goal and it looked like we had the 3 points in the bag but first Fernando went and got sent off and then they scored an equalizer!
It was then even upped with Danilo getting sent off and then Nasri getting the winner a couple of minutes later.

Striker Crisis - Jovetic Injured Too!

View attachment 280538

September Results

View attachment 280537

Premier League Table

View attachment 280536

Quality story mate, makes a change from taking over a big club and spending big money. Will be following, unlucky with the injuries.

Quality story mate, makes a change from taking over a big club and spending big money. Will be following, unlucky with the injuries.
Thanks mate, im all the way in January so hoping to make a few updates today,

Man City

View attachment 822581

October 2014

Premier League V West Ham

View attachment 280289

We absolutely ran the show from the off with loads of possession and numerous chances and managed to put 3 of them in the back of then net, they had Noble sent off with around half an hour to go which didnt help but it was Mangala who put in another man of the match performance.

Boyata Loaned To Derby

View attachment 280288

Premier League V Leicester

View attachment 280287

Another decent display in everything but finishing! I rushed Aguero back after the other strikers had been poor and he went off injured again, we managed to ****** all 3 points thanks to a very late penalty decision which went our way.

Champions League V Olympiakos

View attachment 280286

It was a back and forth game until late on as they pegged us back twice before we had our attacking players for once hitting the back of the net in a 5-2 romp.

Premier League V Burnley

View attachment 280285

2 early goals wins us another league match against newcomers to the league but its the same old story in that we should have won by a lot more.

Ihenancho Makes Debut

View attachment 280284

Capital One Cup 4th Rnd V Chelsea

View attachment 280283

We had the better chances but Chelsea still took the lead and we could only equalize late on into normal time thanks to a dubious penalty but it just prolonged the suffering as Chelsea went on to win 8-9 on penalties.

October Results

View attachment 280282

Premier League Table

View attachment 280281

Man City

View attachment 823142

November 2014

Premier League V Man Utd

View attachment 280072

We dominated the Manchester Derby from the off and were 2-0 up with 20 minutes gone, thanks to another Frank Lampard Worldie before Aguero netted a penalty for the second game in a row.

Unbeaten In Our Opening 10 League Games

View attachment 280071

Bony Moaning about game time so gets told to ****** off!

View attachment 280070

Champions League V Olympiakos

View attachment 280069

Another comfortable win in a game were i gave Bony a chance to prove himself against a poor side and he was still rubbish, Aguero came on and got a quick brace and looks like hes over his injury run.

Qualify For Champions League Knockouts With 2 Games To Spare

View attachment 280068

Premier League V QPR

View attachment 280067

Another easy win against one of the recently Promoted sides with the team finally getting amongst the goals and Aguero looking back to his best with the only downside Navas going off injured.

Premier League V Liverpool

View attachment 280066

Oh ******! We lose our Unbeaten run to Liverpool thanks to a couple of Daniel Sturridge goals either side of a Dzeko equalizer. The big news though was Aguero going off injured before all the goals yet again.

Unbeaten Run Over

View attachment 280065

Aguero Out Again

View attachment 280064

Champions League V Lille

View attachment 280063

Were already through to the next round so i brought in a few players like Nasri, Jovetic and Milner who have struggled for game time recently but we still needed the win to win the Group and managed even with 10 men.

Silva Out Injured Too

View attachment 280062

Good Start To Life As Man City Boss
(16 Wins In First 20 Games)

View attachment 280061

Premier League V Aston Villa

View attachment 280060

The likes of Barker and Kolarov come into the side as i look to rotate our weary side but we manage to get back on track in the League with a decent win over struggling Villa.

November Results

View attachment 280059

League Table

View attachment 280058

2 points behind Chelsea and 1 point ahead of Man Utd with 13 games gone whilst theirs no real shock contenders with everyone else roughly where they should be.​