• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 6K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester City are close to agreeing a deal to sign Samir Nasri from Arsenal, BBC Sport understands.

More...

CraigNorwood Craig Norwood
Whatever media outlets were at Bridgewater Hospital this afternoon have now left and all quiet apparently, media false alarm?

Seems that way:

stephdoehler Steph @ FUB by ladyarse@

@ladyarse I asked my friend who works at Bridgewater (where Utd & City do medicals) today, he says City have nothing booked.

Love that twitter name. Lady ****, lol..

Yeah BBC believes it will be tomorrow..

Love that twitter name. Lady ****, lol..

Yeah BBC believes it will be tomorrow..

"Manchester City are close to agreeing a deal to sign Samir Nasri from Arsenal.The transfer could be finalised in the next 24 hours, with City paying Arsenal a reported £25m.

Nasri, who joined the Gunners from Marseille in 2008, is into the final 12 months of his contract and has rejected a new deal at the Emirates Stadium.

The France midfielder, 24, would become the second high-profile departure from Arsenal this week after Cesc Fabregas joined Barcelona on Monday.

More to follow."

Explain to me where it says he's having a medical tomorrow?

That sword I've stuck in the ground looks just about ready to fall on...

25 Million?!!!?

City are off thier nut, another great deal from le prof

It was just a matter of time. Welcome to Man City Nasri!

Attack of: Aguero, Silva, Dzeko
Midfield of: Nasri, Yaya, De Jong

= I just cummed in my trousers.

£25 million is pretty much a joke. He's a good player but nowhere near that value. He had a very good half season last year, but that doesn't warrant that sort of price tag. Still, Arsenal will be rubbing their hands for that sort of cash. On the plus side, one less trouble maker in the dressing room. There's far better players out there anyway. Hazard, Mata...they'd pwn him no problem. No place for greedy players.

£25m for someone who played well for a third of 1 season. At a stretch a half a season :/
I hope Arshavin will now play in the fabregas role :) He played best as a second stiker for Russia and Zenit. If not him then give Ramsey a chance in the role with Wilshere and Song. Use all this money for a CB, LB and a back-up ST.

£25 million is pretty much a joke. He's a good player but nowhere near that value. He had a very good half season last year, but that doesn't warrant that sort of price tag. Still, Arsenal will be rubbing their hands for that sort of cash. On the plus side, one less trouble maker in the dressing room. There's far better players out there anyway. Hazard, Mata...they'd pwn him no problem. No place for greedy players.

Ball is entirely in Wenger's court now, he could come out with a side stronger and more flexible than before

I trust mancini with this signing because every single one of his signings (bar boateng) has impressed. He obviously wants Nasri because he fits into his system or maybe its because hes already adapted to the PL. Sadly, this guy has nothing on the mighty david silva.

Overpaying for him. Mata >>>>>>> Nasri.

Lol. I dont agree with you at all. City need Nasri....not Mata.

While Mata is a great player. He is lightweight and i doubt Mancini wants such a weak player in his midfield. Silva is enough and he is great. But Mancini wants City to remain a physically strong team...while also technical.

Nasri is physically stronger, scores goals and decent work rate. Does a job defensivly. Carries the ball and doesn't lose it often. Clinical finisher. Good creativity.

If that 25m pound is true....it's not overpaying. He is worth that in the current market, maybe even more. But maybe a bit less
with only 1-year left of his contract.

But so what? City need him and there isn't a equal cheaper option either.

Back