Man City close in on Nasri deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 6K
Why would he be bitter? simmer down

Every time something happens to city you guys are on it in a flash, quite sad you and your bumboys care about our club more. Im not really angry so there is no need to simmer down.

Best player of the season? hmmm....Adam, Vidic, Baines, Modric, Parker, Odemwingie...need I go on? Or is that enough? Nasri has NOTHING on them

I don't think City need Nasri to be perfectly honest, I think Moutinho/De Rossi would benefit their team more.

Silva is a central CAM in a free role...Admittedly the idea of Nasri-Silva-Aguero link up is mouth watering but Nasri can't play CM (In my opinion) And on the wing I wouldn't see the use considering Balotelli will probably get a look in wide left ahead of Nasri.

He's a good player but not exactly needed in that lineup.

The idea (I'm guessing) is a 4-2-3-1 with De Jong/Yaya in the midfield, Silva wide right/left, Aguero CF behind Dzeko...And Nasri wide left/right?

I just think Nasri got slightly over rated midway through last season, he justified his praise but did go missing in alot of games and clearly hasn't got the discipline to play CM.

I'm not entirely sure he is what City needs especially at that price.

But Mancini knows what he's doing I'm sure he will have plans...

added more, would take either at Arsenal :D

So would I , regarding Liverpool, to be honest. Milner over Johnson though. But City would rather leave them on the bench, if that, and then cheat the FFP to pay their wages...;)

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Best player of the season? hmmm....Adam, Vidic, Baines, Modric, Parker, Odemwingie...need I go on? Or is that enough? Nasri has NOTHING on them

Lucas out-played Nasri all season, too.

Every time something happens to city you guys are on it in a flash, quite sad you and your bumboys care about our club more. Im not really angry so there is no need to simmer down.

We were discussing this from an arsenal perspective. simmer down or GFTO if you cant be polite

The main point is that they overpayed so much for someone who had a good third of a season. If Everton did that I'd be absolutely livid

(no abuse please-I know it's not going to happen)

Juan Mata: Played 39, scored 9, assisted 15.
Samir Nasri: Played 43, scored 16, assisted 4.

Juan Mata - 0.62 goals created per game.
Samir Nasri - 0.47 goals created per game.

I don't think City need Nasri to be perfectly honest, I think Moutinho/De Rossi would benefit their team more.

Silva is a central CAM in a free role...Admittedly the idea of Nasri-Silva-Aguero link up is mouth watering but Nasri can't play CM (In my opinion) And on the wing I wouldn't see the use considering Balotelli will probably get a look in wide left ahead of Nasri.

The idea (I'm guessing) is a 4-2-3-1 with De Jong/Yaya in the midfield, Silva wide right/left, Aguero CF behind Dzeko...And Nasri wide left/right?

I just think Nasri got slightly over rated midway through last season, he justified his praise but did go missing in alot of games and clearly hasn't got the discipline to play CM.

This is the thing, if Aguero plays behind Dzeko as we expect, not sure for the need in Nasri? Especially at 25m and such a high wage. But Mancini really likes him that is clear, so lets see.

Unless he is using him for rotation?

The main point is that they overpayed so much for someone who had a good third of a season. If Everton did that I'd be absolutely livid

(no abuse please-I know it's not going to happen)

Why will you get abused? Your speaking the truth :)

We were discussing this from an arsenal perspective. simmer down or GFTO if you cant be polite

Get **** the out? :P

-------------------------------------

I personally think some people here are underrating Nasri by saying he's overrated.

Adam who? Decent player...wouldn't say top. Vidic....great defender. Modric, great midfielder, Parker....a decent ageing midfielder with a good engine. Odenwingie...a good ageing striker. Baines, a great left-back.

I said one of the best and Nasri is much more talented than all of those midfielders expect Modric. Im sure the best is yet to come from Nasri.

This is the thing, if Aguero plays behind Dzeko as we expect, not sure for the need in Nasri? Especially at 25m and such a high wage. But Mancini really likes him that is clear, so lets see.

Unless he is using him for rotation?

Nasri wide right, Silva wide left, Aguero playing off Dzeko and De Jong/Yaya in midfield? Seems a pretty **** tasty starting midfield to me. Nasri's a **** sight more consistent and less of a **** than Balotelli, for starters.

I personally think some people here are underrating Nasri by saying he's overrated.

He only had one good half season !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sensible post, especially the last sentence :)

He had very strong 1/2 season not so good after. No doubt he is a good player, but 25m and 165k? that is silly. Especially if he is play wide (assuming Aguero starts behind Dzeko)

Adam who? Decent player...wouldn't say top. Vidic....great defender. Modric, great midfielder, Parker....a decent ageing midfielder with a good engine. Odenwingie...a good ageing striker. Baines, a great left-back.

I said one of the best and Nasri is much more talented than all of those midfielders expect Modric. Im sure the best is yet to come from Nasri.

He said last season they all out-performed him, not that they're better than him.

Nasri wide right, Silva wide left, Aguero playing off Dzeko and De Jong/Yaya in midfield? Seems a pretty **** tasty starting midfield to me. Nasri's a **** sight more consistent and less of a **** than Balotelli, for starters.

I was wondering about this. Possible end of the road for Mario? City are happy and Arsenal are happy either way though

I was wondering about this. Possible end of the road for Mario?

If it is, then the Blackburn owners are going to have to take up the mantle of amusing the rest of the league for the season.

Back