Man City close in on Nasri deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 6K
Adam who? Decent player...wouldn't say top. Vidic....great defender. Modric, great midfielder, Parker....a decent ageing midfielder with a good engine. Odenwingie...a good ageing striker. Baines, a great left-back.

I said one of the best and Nasri is much more talented than all of those midfielders expect Modric. Im sure the best is yet to come from Nasri.

Except ajt was talking about players of the season, last season. Their quality is irrelevant: it's how they perform that counts, and all those players performed far better than Nasri (or at very least more CONSISTENTLY) over the course of the season. I'd definitely put the likes of Lucas, Darren Bent, Chiek Tiote, Van Der Sar, Sagna, Kompany, Dempsey and so on in there too.

I was wondering about this. Possible end of the road for Mario? City are happy and Arsenal are happy either way though

No, he is one of the best young players in the world and he is going nowhere, i think he now realises what he has to do. On the sidelines in the swansea game he looked sad because i think he wanted to be out there, he hopefully now knows what he has to do in order to get a first team place.

He is he only a one good half season !!!!!!!

Nicely worded as always, Calum :P I think Nasri has been steadily improving while at Arsenal, so maybe he's ready to take the step up. I don't think he's worth 25m at all, so maybe Mancini (or whoever is spending that oney, if anyone) is overrating him.

He had very strong 1/2 season not so good after. No doubt he is a good player, but 25m and 165k? that is silly. Especially if he is play wide (assuming Aguero starts behind Dzeko)

That would be where I agree. I do think it's too much money, but I'm geting tired of people downplaying him just for the sake of the argument.

Nasri is certainly what City need IMO.

Dunno how Mancini will use him...wide right or AMC? Probably both. But i wonder if Nasri would start to moan if he wouldnät play centrally. But Mancini doesn't use wingers so i guess Nasri would play more centrally than at Arsenal anyway. Maybe have some sort of free role like Silva.

This is the thing, if Aguero plays behind Dzeko as we expect, not sure for the need in Nasri? Especially at 25m and such a high wage. But Mancini really likes him that is clear, so lets see.

Unless he is using him for rotation?

I can't see him playing Silva/Nasri/Aguero across the attack midfield 3, he normally balances it with Milner/Johnson who do work hard defensively.

With him pushing for Cerci as well, I just can't see how he plans on fitting Samir in.

I mean Nasri is a good player but with him playing wide left it will make their attack very narrow, I would just be very concerned...

Definitely a strange signing if it happens.

I was wondering about this. Possible end of the road for Mario? City are happy and Arsenal are happy either way though

Rotation I guess. Balotelli's useful in that he can play just about anywhere in that front four (barring maybe the trequartista spot), but his temperament would be hard to control if he's explicitly told he'd be rotation.

If it is, then the Blackburn owners are going to have to take up the mantle of amusing the rest of the league for the season.

Balotelli to Blackburn!

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

No, he is one of the best young players in the world and he is going nowhere, i think he now realises what he has to do. On the sidelines in the swansea game he looked sad because i think he wanted to be out there, he hopefully now knows what he has to do in order to get a first team place.

Wouldn't go that far. He's immensely talented, sure, but he needs to sort his head out before we can start ranking him amongst the best youngsters in the world. I'd take Eden Hazard over him, for example.

Rotation I guess. Balotelli's useful in that he can play just about anywhere in that front four (barring maybe the trequartista spot), but his temperament would be hard to control if he's explicitly told he'd be rotation.

Balotelli to Blackburn!

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Wouldn't go that far. He's immensely talented, sure, but he needs to sort his head out before we can start ranking him amongst the best youngsters in the world. I'd take Eden Hazard over him, for example.

he has a gift in those feet, the stuff he does is unreal. His half volley vs your team for example. Also out of nowhere he can get a ridiculous amount of power behind a shot, took a couple in the semi final last year.

Man City fans are happy, Arsenal fans are happy.

We should all just be happy together.

Nasri is certainly what City need IMO.

Dunno how Mancini will use him...wide right or AMC? Probably both. But i wonder if Nasri would start to moan if he wouldnät play centrally. But Mancini doesn't use wingers so i guess Nasri would play more centrally than at Arsenal anyway. Maybe have some sort of free role like Silva.

Wide right?

More likely wide left, he likes his attack sided players to have their stronger foot cutting inside.

Silva wide right, Nasri wide left with the full backs providing the width on the overlap is the only rational idea of how they can play together.

No way...Mancini still likes him. He will use Balo alot wide left and as a striker aswell. And i think Mancini will rotate his squad more than any other top manager. Just look at the full-back options lol.

Mancini spent so much on him so im sure he wants to show the Sheikh that he spent well. The Sheikh wont tolerate that kind of wasting.

he has a gift in those feet, the stuff he does is unreal. His half volley vs your team for example. Also out of nowhere he can get a ridiculous amount of power behind a shot, took a couple in the semi final last year.

Which is exactly my point. On his day, he's simply unplayable, the complete package. Thing is, until he sorts out his head those days are going to be few and far between.

Wide right?

More likely wide left, he likes his attack sided players to have their stronger foot cutting inside.

Silva wide right, Nasri wide left with the full backs providing the width on the overlap is the only rational idea of how they can play together.

Actually, Nasri played far better on the right last season. It was when Walcott returned and he was shunted out to the left that he began to drift about in games a bit more and influence them less.

Except he spends the vast majority of the time not playing well, sulking or fighting. Not enough consistency with his undoubted talent to call him one of the best young players in the world

Mancini spent so much on him so im sure he wants to show the Sheikh that he spent well. The Sheikh wont tolerate that kind of wasting.

This is the same Sheikh who spent a combined total of £28 million on Jo and Wayne Bridge, right?

No way...Mancini still likes him. He will use Balo alot wide left and as a striker aswell. And i think Mancini will rotate his squad more than any other top manager. Just look at the full-back options lol.

He may find it difficult keeping them happy, but always a good problem to have choice.

But Nasri wont get much game time at AMC imo, both Aguero and particularly Silva are superior

This is the same Sheikh who spent a combined total of £28 million on Jo and Wayne Bridge, right?

Jo was signed by Shinawatra. Bridge is just ****. To be fair if the manager wants a player he wont really say no, hasnt done it so far.

Discounting the sheikh I haven't disagreed with one signing Mancini has made either at youth or senior level.

Mark Hughes on the other hand, well I wasn't a fan when he was manager there.

Last edited:
Wide right?

I know. But Sanchez was his top target and im sure he plays on the right and is right footed. So i dont think thats always the case.

As for Cerci...wouldn't be so sure he becomes a City player. Mancini might have other options in mind and there doesn't seem to be any rush for Cerci. And still such a low transfer fee.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

The Sheikh was ready to waste and he knew he would have to do it when he arrived. However...with Mancini it's a new era and City aren't in a position where they only have to attract players only with money anymore.

And with the FFP rules coming aswell...im sure the Sheikh wants his money well spent. And as mentioned..Jo wasn't Sheikhs signing.

---------- Post added 18/08/2011 at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was 17/08/2011 at 08:15 PM ----------

1313642199718911.jpg

This is how City will probably play. :D (taken from bluemoon)

u cant get the best of nasri by playing him central. he's epicly suck like ****.

and whos merlin ???

miller ? and were will silva fit in.

Back