Man City close in on Nasri deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 6K
£25m for someone who played well for a third of 1 season. At a stretch a half a season :/
I hope Arshavin will now play in the fabregas role :) He played best as a second stiker for Russia and Zenit. If not him then give Ramsey a chance in the role with Wilshere and Song. Use all this money for a CB, LB and a back-up ST.

Ridiculous eh? If I was Arsene, would've been more upset losing Cesc than Nasri. It's so incredibly obvious which would hurt more. And at least Cesc was more appreciative of the club and Wenger than that little tosspot.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Ball is entirely in Wenger's court now, he could come out with a side stronger and more flexible than before

Very true. Going to be keeping tabs on SSN very closely indeed, and the EFC website especially.

Arsenal really getting the best deal from the two clubs. 25 million for a player with one year on his contract, and someone who had 1/3 season of very good form.

Although, I can't see them spending much replacing him. Their wingers are pretty good (Gervinho, Arshavin, Walcott, Chamberlain, the Japanese fellow who's name escapes me.)

Ridiculous eh? If I was Arsene, would've been more upset losing Cesc than Nasri..

Everyone has been more upset at loosing Captain Cesc people are dissapointed in nasri for going for the money, he's not in cesc's class at all

Lol. I dont agree with you at all. City need Nasri....not Mata.

While Mata is a great player. He is lightweight and i doubt Mancini wants such a weak player in his midfield. Silva is enough and he is great. But Mancini wants City to remain a physically strong team...while also technical.

Nasri is physically stronger, scores goals and decent work rate. Does a job defensivly. Carries the ball and doesn't lose it often. Clinical finisher. Good creativity.

If that 25m pound is true....it's not overpaying. He is worth that in the current market, maybe even more. But maybe a bit less
with only 1-year left of his contract.

But so what? City need him and there isn't a equal cheaper option either.

Nasri is no stronger. Mata is better and available for the same price. I'm convinced City just ignore other options so they can buy from their rivals.

Lol. I dont agree with you at all. City need Nasri....not Mata.

While Mata is a great player. He is lightweight and i doubt Mancini wants such a weak player in his midfield. Silva is enough and he is great. But Mancini wants City to remain a physically strong team...while also technical.

Nasri is physically stronger, scores goals and decent work rate. Does a job defensivly. Carries the ball and doesn't lose it often. Clinical finisher. Good creativity.

If that 25m pound is true....it's not overpaying. He is worth that in the current market, maybe even more. But maybe a bit less
with only 1-year left of his contract.

But so what? City need him and there isn't a equal cheaper option either.

Nasri isnt that strong, isnt that defensive either, nor is Mata lightweight, similar in build to Silva, both with good strength for their size. Mata is the superior attacking wide player

Nasri is no stronger. Mata is better and available for the same price. I'm convinced City just ignore other options so they can buy from their rivals.

Lol. No offence, but that sounds stupid.

Nasri is physically stronger. Thats clear. Mata is a great player but not what City need. Nasri is. Not because he plays for Arsenal.

Only place nasri is better is playing him at MC

Lol. No offence, but that sounds stupid.

Nasri is physically stronger. Thats clear. Mata is a great player but not what City need. Nasri is. Not because he plays for Arsenal.

...How? Sorry, just why is he what City need, and Mata; not?

Stupidest thing ive ever heard. Mancini buys him because he clearly fits our system better, we dont even play with wingers so what would be the point in Mata. I sense a small bit of bitterness from you Joel.

Everyone has been more upset at loosing Captain Cesc people are dissapointed in nasri for going for the money, he's not in cesc's class at all

It's also blinkered of City valuing somebody without taking into account the entire season, and just a portion of it. If they want to buy a player, at least look at the bigger picture. But if they want to over-pay for someone, it's up to them. Could've got someone much better.

Wenger is such a genius at selling players :wub:

Stupidest thing ive ever heard. Mancini buys him because he clearly fits our system better, we dont even play with wingers so what would be the point in Mata. I sense a small bit of bitterness from you Joel.

You don't play with wingers, and then say Nasri fits better, who had his best form playing on the right wing? Bitter about paying £25m for someone who played well for 1/3 of a season, who will most likely also be on ridiculous wages, who only had a year left? Not at all.

Why would he be bitter? simmer down

I'm convinced that's not the case.

And stop cutting it down all the time. You have said he's done well half of the season for a long time, let's keep it there instead of cutting it down to 1/5th of the season or something stupid like that because that's simply not true.

Last edited:
You don't play with wingers, and then say Nasri fits better, who had his best form playing on the right wing? Bitter about paying £25m for someone who played well for 1/3 of a season, who will most likely also be on ridiculous wages, who only had a year left? Not at all.

Ecstatic that you missed out on him? I would be :D

...How? Sorry, just why is he what City need, and Mata; not?

Ummm....Nasri has experience in the premier league and CL. Taller and more physical. He was one of the best players in the premier league last season and Mancini believes he can improve even more and he is at the right age, and Mancini belives he will suit in well with some of the best players in the world. More suited to play central. While Mata could be an option if ManCity wouldn't have Silva.

Nasri is also versatile and can play wide right if needed. And also on the left.

Ummm....Nasri has experience in the premier league and CL. Taller and more physical. He was one of the best players in the premier league last season and Mancini believes he can improve even more and he is at the right age, and Mancini belives he will suit in well with some of the best players in the world. More suited to play central. While Mata could be an option if ManCity wouldn't have Silva.

Nasri is also versatile and can play wide right if needed. And also on the left.

Most over-used phrase in the world of football. Did Silva have premier league experience before he signed?

Back