Man City 'close' to Kaka signing

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 3K
haha...yeah the rumour is he'll get around 500k a week, which is a joke

wow, that is really disturbing...hes going to make more then all of us put together in 1 month...then what we will make in a lifetime..

Other sources are saying it's laughable that it's going to be anywhere near £100million and that much wages. Source also said it's going to be closer to £50million with much less wages. Heard it about 10 minutes ago on Sky Sport News.

All I can say is Man City are a joke now :) Feel sorry for Kaka, clearly doesn't want to goto City

go on : www.soccernet.com

it says that he says goodbye to the fans:( he has got to be the most serious soccer player ever. he said that after he retires from football, hes going to become a priest:) now manchester city will be able to attract any player in the world...because they got KAKA.

well being a madrid fan and you watching the prem you've noticed that man city key player robinho is average. I'd like to add that there will be elections in madrid this june, our president having being forced to resign and florentino perez (guy who brought to bernabeu: beckham, zidane, figo, ronaldo) wants kaka badly for madrid, and apaprently c.ronaldo is looking forward to it aswell so Ill just say, same wages and the choice between Real Madrid and Man City....
Man city needs to make a name for itself before expecting anything more than a decent player, like being serious candidate to play the CL every year, that would be a start, then being a candidate to fight for the title.... then being a favourite every year and do good europe seasons. They can have all the money they want, but it will take them at least four seasons to become something able to satnd against madrid, barcelona, valencia, chelsea, liverpool, milan inter bayern....

yeah definately..next yr they will be lucky to get UEFA... in a few years they will just win everything because they will be able to attract whoever they want

well being a madrid fan and you watching the prem you've noticed that man city key player robinho is average. I'd like to add that there will be elections in madrid this june, our president having being forced to resign and florentino perez (guy who brought to bernabeu: beckham, zidane, figo, ronaldo) wants kaka badly for madrid, and apaprently c.ronaldo is looking forward to it aswell so Ill just say, same wages and the choice between Real Madrid and Man City....
Man city needs to make a name for itself before expecting anything more than a decent player, like being serious candidate to play the CL every year, that would be a start, then being a candidate to fight for the title.... then being a favourite every year and do good europe seasons. They can have all the money they want, but it will take them at least four seasons to become something able to satnd against madrid, barcelona, valencia, chelsea, liverpool, milan inter bayern....

Robinhos not been average, hes been great considering how bad the rest of the team are, they even made Robinho captain for a game ffs and he still cries like a little girl when he wants something so its hardly his mental strenth that got him captaincy

Last edited:
Robinho, average? That's an intriguing comment considering he's scored 13 goals with half a season gone.

The rest of the team, poor? That's also an intriguing comment considering Stephen Ireland has scored nine and assisted fifteen goals this season and been lauded as one of the league's best midfielders. Add to that Vincent Kompany recently winning a Daily Mail poll of 'buy of the season so far'.

Ignorance is bliss though.

stephen ireland is class, but the team is not playing good at all..they are doing terrible...

Robinho, average? That's an intriguing comment considering he's scored 13 goals with half a season gone.

The rest of the team, poor? That's also an intriguing comment considering Stephen Ireland has scored nine and assisted fifteen goals this season and been lauded as one of the league's best midfielders. Add to that Vincent Kompany recently winning a Daily Mail poll of 'buy of the season so far'.

Ignorance is bliss though.

I was just making a general comment about the whole team. But your right about Ireland, love him even he wore a wig and drove a pink range rover. Was really hoping he was gunna come to Celtic as he was linked in the summer but no way now is he gunna come, unless City sign a whole team of Kakas and the rest of the EPL forget Ireland exists.

It's all a bit silly. £100M for one player on a ridiculous wage p/w that could sustain lower league clubs. Bring back the old boys who played for a loaf and actually got stuck in rather than rolling on the ground.

My opinion is no one is worth that amount of money and like Philly46 said 'Bring back the old boys who played for a loaf and actually got stuck in rather than rolling on the ground.'

It's a fair point and I understand it, but Jamie, I know it's on a different level but even Boro are changing in terms of attitudes to football- Alves for £12million or so, much as I'd love City to play a team entirely built of young mancunians it's not sustainable in the modern game anymore- but United, Liverpool and later Chelsea are principally to blame for that in this country. We've now got the resources and we're using them.

I remember standing in the freezing stands in Macclesfield seeing us get beat and being stuck near the relegation zone in Division three, and if you'd said ten years later we'd be signing Robinho, Kaka, Elano, I'd have laughed at you for hours!

We've had a lot of **** at city over the years so now I'm going to enjoy the good times and not feel guilty about it.

Fair point from a City perspective, can't blame City fans for feeling that way.

I think when Gregor said the rest of your team was poor, he was simply referring to how you're doing in the league-which is ****, and someone who doesn't watch you week in week out would make that assumption. Ireland has been class mind.

Yeah Utd are partly responsible for inflating the market, but look what our success was built on. The money we got to spend on players like Veron, Ferdinand, RVN etc was not just down to Sky etc, but down to local boys who helped us dominate in the mid-late 1990s. We weren't bought by some billionaire looking for a playtoy like Abramovich, and dare I say the Abu-Dhabi group.

i hope that man city buy ronaldo:) because if they did,fergie would make the best team ever...but that would never happen.

Fair point from a City perspective, can't blame City fans for feeling that way.

I think when Gregor said the rest of your team was poor, he was simply referring to how you're doing in the league-which is ****, and someone who doesn't watch you week in week out would make that assumption. Ireland has been class mind.

Yeah Utd are partly responsible for inflating the market, but look what our success was built on. The money we got to spend on players like Veron, Ferdinand, RVN etc was not just down to Sky etc, but down to local boys who helped us dominate in the mid-late 1990s. We weren't bought by some billionaire looking for a playtoy like Abramovich, and dare I say the Abu-Dhabi group.

A very good point about your local lads in the 90s, top credit for that. But the thing is, it's not like City are ignoring our youth setup. I mean, our current squad this season has Richards, Onuoha, Johnson, Ireland, SWP and Sturridge who all play an important part. Even though we've got bigger resources now, the owner himself has said we'll always maintain a positive stance on the academy- he released a statement to the fans not long ago, where he said there was a concise plan of how he wanted it to work, the planned first XI would be something along the lines of

- 4 to 5 youth academy graduates/local lads (Richards, Ireland, Sturridge, Johnson, SWP)

-5 to 6 solid Internationals (Zabaleta, Kompany, Bridge, Petrov, Elano)

-A sprinking of 'world class' talent to compliment the team and boost the club's profile (Robinho, Kaka)

When you put it in that context, it doesn't make it look quite as bad as people are reporting. I certainly don't see us being the 'destroyers of football' as certain pundits have suggested.

Back