Man city finally sign Boateng For undisclosed fee from Hamburg

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 5K
Just want we needed a versatile defender he's nice and young
Micah Richards - Toure - Boateng / Lescott - Bridge - Would like a new left back.

Like after ten years the deal goes through. What was the delay? Usually if city want a player the player would accept straight away due to the cash involved but looks like city are being strict with $$$ Edin Dzeko has aa 34mill release clause but they only want to bid 30mill its a rumor though

Mancini is being smart with the money ( at the moment ) which is great because we don't need to go mad with signing's only reli need a couple of player's

Whats everyones beef with Lescott.
I think he's quite good.

it wasnt a rumour with dzeko. there was a clause for 35 million euro in his contract, but the offer had to be made beofre the 1st of june. city sent an informal enquiry but never made a bid. thus there is no longer that 35 million buyout any more

My City defence:

LB- Boateng (Bridge for cover)
CB- Lescott (Richards for cover)
CB- Toure (Kompany for cover)
RB- Richards (Zabaleta for cover)

Seems pretty solid, love it when Richards plays. Onouha deserves so much more though, for being at the club for what, 11 years? Crazy, and he is a great defender.

Expect to see a few oldies leaving our sqaud in a few weeks, but I like this signing. Just hope we sign some more talent soon.

I disagree fourfourtwo, Kompany is easily our best CB

I disagree fourfourtwo, Kompany is easily our best CB

He is. I remember before he went to Hamburg loads of clubs were after him the likes of Chelsea and United. Hes top quality.:P

kompany, then toure, then lescott/onouha

I think he's a good signing for us. I'm a quarter German - nan is from Hamburg and they are my second club, so I've seen a bit of him - ten or eleven games. However my mate who's German and watches the Bundesliga every week says he's top quality and versatile. Add that to the fact he's young, tall and a full German national, sounds a very good signing. As things stand, I'd play him at RB, but having a 6'3 defender who can fill in anywhere is always good.
For me, Kompany is by far the best defender at the club. He's already a great and has massive potential - I'd already go as far as calling him world class. Can't think of the last time he made a big mistake. He is the big commanding CB we've been needing for so long. As things stand I'd partner him with Lescott, who is a quality English defender. As for all the people not rating him, I reckon you all rated him at Everton - 24 million quid on he's still the same player. Good for where we need to be.
Don't rate Touré though. Past his best in my opinion. We need a new LB, but I'd now play this as the back four: Boateng Kompany Lescott New LB/Bridge

ive never seen him play but if he is as good as his brother was at pompey last season i think he will be a great signing

Personally, I think he'd be wasted at full back, he is a ball playing centre half and played centre half all season be silly to put him at left back.

Who made this signing cus I'm guessing it wasn't Mankini?

I hate the fact clubs use "Undisclosed fees", I think as fans we should be allowed to know what our club paid for the players :S

Back