Man City mentality angers Mancini

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manager Roberto Mancini demands Manchester City change their attitude after Birmingham twice fight back to claim a point and dent his side's title aspirations.

More...

You should do better Bobby! Hope we get the CL spot atleast...if we fail to do that, then......

BOBBY OUT! MOURINHO IN :D

City weren't good for the whole of the game yesterday, Birmingham did well however, and deserved some result from the game :)

City weren't good for the whole of the game yesterday, Birmingham did well however, and deserved some result from the game :)

Well...their game plan is pretty much to feed crosses to Zigic. I hate teams like that...plays the ball only in the air. Birmingham defended well....City didin't. And Tevez didin't even pass a SINGLE time to Dzeko! It's really worrying....the attack isn't working very well atm.

City were far too attacking yesterday, what happened to their 10 defenders camped in the penalty box :S

Well...their game plan is pretty much to feed crosses to Zigic. I hate teams like that...plays the ball only in the air. Birmingham defended well....City didin't. And Tevez didin't even pass a SINGLE time to Dzeko! It's really worrying....the attack isn't working very well atm.
why? they played on the ground but you shut the midfield off. so they changed their attack, something you failed to do with much better players

You should do better Bobby! Hope we get the CL spot atleast...if we fail to do that, then......

You did realise you support Real Madrid to so why would you want Mourinho out ?

City were far too attacking yesterday, what happened to their 10 defenders camped in the penalty box :S

Yeh...you start worrying about that when we come to Anfield ;) And with your 7th most expensive player in the world Andy Caroll (always gives me a good laugh :D) you better start crossing. Otherwise...he will be useless.

To Burkie: It was pretty much a joke :D

Yeh...you start worrying about that when we come to Anfield ;) And with your 7th most expensive player in the world Andy Caroll (always gives me a good laugh :D) you better start crossing. Otherwise...he will be useless.

To Burkie: It was pretty much a joke :D
Of you watch caroll, then you know hes not just about crosses, just as happy with balls in to feet and the channels. I dont know how good he can be, but his play is more of a complete forward than aerial targetman

In my although some would consider biased opinion, Man City are a million miles away from the Big Boys of this world ATM.

You cannot just throw money at players of significant quality without having a team spirit, and leaders! It showed in absolute abundance out on the pitch last night that when they come under pressure there is absolutely no one to lead the team!

When they attacked early on they caused us a lot of problems, Silva is unbelievable, Dzeko however needs time to adjust like the ever improving Nikola Zigic! Only comparison in type of player not quality obviously :$

Although when we decided to wake up in the game and really give them a game they had no answer to our attack, and it wasn't just long ball play whatsoever, we were playing good football, using Zigic when needed. We were totally on top just before De Jong and Richards clashed which totally stopped our flow of play and balanced the game out before the end of the half.

Once we rediscovered our belief to pressure them again which happened after like 10 minutes of the second half, again defensively not many answers to prevent it, although Kompany is an absolute BEAST, really HIGHLY rate him!!

It was clear to see that there was just no team coherence with the City side, they need leaders and personality in their team if they are going to get anywhere near to the promise land of matching United & Chelsea.

Kevin Phillips came on for Jerome in the last 20 minutes of the game last night and totally changed it, the City back line were hoofing the ball away whenever they could because they were scared to death of the veteran striker. That says all it needs to say for me! Although he was absolutely BRILLIANT in that spell last night, changed the game, and forced Vieira to make that stupid challenge to get us back in it.

I came away from the game thinking we had the chance to win it, and some could argue we could of with no complaints, except for Mancini's absurd claim that it wasn't a penalty. Although then common sense kicks in, we were playing billionaires and matched them, many people have criticised City for their lack of performance but for me it was as much us playing at a high level as them not performing.

I like City especially in the last 2-3 years because they just prove my point that you can buy success. They have built a great squad but it dosent guarrentee success. Saying that i believe they will be in the CL next season but they will have to qualify because i think they will finish 4th.

At the moment they still blow hot and cold but a point at Birmingham is not a bad point it has to be said.

4th? Thats the place for Chelsea :D Anyways...qualifying will not be very hard because it's pretty weak teams against you. Next season i think we will be serious title contenders. Because we wont be changing the squad too much. Some squad players will probly come in but we are going to sell very much players too.

It wouldn't matter, really.
You're not going to win CL and you don't need the money it gives you in revenue anyway.
So, why bother?

4th? Thats the place for Chelsea :D Anyways...qualifying will not be very hard because it's pretty weak teams against you. Next season i think we will be serious title contenders. Because we wont be changing the squad too much. Some squad players will probly come in but we are going to sell very much players too.
you wont be challengers if you continue to be as one dimensional as you are now though

you wont be challengers if you continue to be as one dimensional as you are now though

Thats the point...Bobby will sign some players that give us more options.

And to "Something": We can win the Cl....why couldn't we? And it doesn't matter, we can still go far...and the revenue will benefit because the FFP rules will come in next season if you remember? Use your brain...

And to "Something": We can win the Cl....why couldn't we? And it doesn't matter, we can still go far...and the revenue will benefit because the FFP rules will come in next season if you remember? Use your brain...
unlikely, he already said that dzeko is likely to be last big signing

In simple terms as i have already stated ^^ your team has no character.

Can i please ask how your a Man City fan?

Well you are pretty much screwed financial wise.
You'll compete in the CL next season, won't win, then you'll be in such a big minus that you'll be forbidden to play there for a few seasons, all the good players will leave and you'll end up as a mid table team, maybe even facing relegation.

They can be successful.......if they buy players who want to be there, don't have players with over-inflated egos, get the squad to play as a team.........

unlikely, he already said that dzeko is likely to be last big signing

Did i say that we are going for "big" signings? :D He said that we will probly buy a few players in the summer. But i dont think they will be 30m pound signings. He will probly look for good squad players..and maybe a starter...idk.

IMO...our current lineup is pretty strong but if we really need a replacment for Barry in the starting lineup :D

To "Something": LOL....the owner and staff are working on the financial thing. They will balance the book. Dont you worry about it. You dont know as much as you think you do.

Last edited: