Man City move for striker Dzeko

Why are city signing another striker. don't they have enough already???

To be honest mate. No we don't. We have Tevez, Jo and Balotelli (Who we use as a winger most games) So we need another striker. Bellamy, Santa Cruiz and Adebayor were all Hughes signings who all bad mouthed Mancini when he arrived because they knew he would want to bring in his own players. (especialy Bellamy and Adebayor)

Can you guys not see this. Hughes signings are going and Mancini is bringing in his own players. It amuses me how people are so conerned with what City are doing. You should be more worried about what is happening with your own clubs rather than bad mouthing mine.

If the reported fee of £34M is correct, would that not be another British Transfer Record for a player that will more than likely sit on the bench a lot considering the system Mancini plays and the fact the 1 striker is the captain and talisman of the club?

If they buy him i can guarantee that he will not sitt on the bench that much. Mancini isn't that stupid. Anyways... Mancini knows what he do, no need to stress on where he would fit, it's Mancinis problem and he knows 10x more about tactics and stuff than any1 on this forum.

He plays with a target man on the wing so he can drop in when tevez comes deep. barry drifts toward the left and kolarov provides width.

Seeing as you're the only real City fan on this site with any sense (IMO, don't hold me to it), when he eventually signs - which he more than likely will - What do you see your strongest line up being if everyone is fit and firing but in Mancini's eyes, not your own ;)

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

If they buy him i can guarantee that he will not sitt on the bench that much. Mancini isn't that stupid. Anyways... Mancini knows what he do, no need to stress on where he would fit, it's Mancinis problem and he knows 10x more about tactics and stuff than any1 on this forum.

Did you read the rest of my post?

I said, unless he changes his formation because if he is playing 1 striker he's not going to drop his captain and talisman for a new signing who needs to settle.

This thread has shown why I ******* hate City fans.

Baffles me why they go and pay 30 million for Dzeko because he has scored a fair few in Germany. Where as they could have Darren Bent for about half the price, and have a proven Premier League striker. Silly City.
A few?:S He scored 10 goals in 17 apps this season,last year -22 goals 34 apps and before that-26 in 32 apps...anyway I don't like City but if He wants to go there it's his choice and I would love to see him in EPL

Why they are just happy they are signing a top class forward and every one else is jealous i think (A)

Well i think you are probly right. Most of those city haters are liverpool fans and probly because city is taking over and are bigger than liverpool now. And of course bigger clubs are being a bit more scared of citys spending power.
Im not a true city fan but i would hand the title to them if i had to choose. They are really building an amazing club and it will be a pleasure to watch it grow.

Im not offending pool fans because i understand them and their fans are actually one of the most loyal in england. Sorry for your 0-1 loss to Wolves btw (A)

Last edited:
Well i think you are probly right. Most of those city haters are liverpool fans and probly because city is taking over and are bigger than liverpool now. And of course bigger clubs are being a bit more scared of citys spending power.
Im not a true city fan but i would hand the title to them if i had to choose. They are really building an amazing club and it will be a pleasure to watch it grow.

Im not offending pool fans because i understand them and their fans are actually one of the most moyal in england. Sorry for your 0-1 loss to Wolves btw (A)

Man City have a better team but they are not a better club

Baffles me why they go and pay 30 million for Dzeko because he has scored a fair few in Germany. Where as they could have Darren Bent for about half the price, and have a proven Premier League striker. Silly City.
becuase he is a much better forward than Carlton Cole, suggest you actually watch him before you comment, on course to score 20+ goals for the 3rd season running

I admit I don't watch much Bundesliga football so my jugement isn't solid, but he's not THAT good in real life surely? He's great on FM as we all know and £34 Million is way too much for him, I don't see why City don't just get rid of their dead wood in January, continue with their VERY GOOD team and wait for the summer to see who to buy? I don't see why you'd spend that amount of money on a player who is hardly a world beater or someone who has a SPECIFIC talent that makes him different to the other players in that position.

becuase he is a much better forward than Carlton Cole, suggest you actually watch him before you comment, on course to score 20+ goals for the 3rd season running

And for a team that's on the slide. He's more or less single handedly winning them matches.

Can't be arsed to read what is probably a dozen pages of Mancunians slinging mud at each other. Dzeko will likely be an extremely good capture. That said, can't see how he will slot right into City's lineup, and Tevez is unlikely to want to move out onto the wing to accomodate him.

I admit I don't watch much Bundesliga football so my jugement isn't solid, but he's not THAT good in real life surely? He's great on FM as we all know and £34 Million is way too much for him, I don't see why City don't just get rid of their dead wood in January, continue with their VERY GOOD team and wait for the summer to see who to buy? I don't see why you'd spend that amount of money on a player who is hardly a world beater or someone who has a SPECIFIC talent that makes him different to the other players in that position.

Dzeko is very, very good in real life. After 9 goals in his first season, he then went on to score 36 as Wolfsburg won the league and then hit another 29 next year as they slid to 8th. He's now on something like 11 in 18 games. He is young, on fire, one of the hottest properties in world football, doesn't get injured and crucially he is a complete forward. Good in the air, not too slow, a lethal finisher and great technique for a big man. These kind of players don't come along often.

Last edited:
34 million is over priced, but city are never going to get a cheaper price for him, and yes he is very very good, the only real performer in the current wolfsburg side

They have money to burn. Why not?

And for a team that's on the slide. He's more or less single handedly winning them matches.

Can't be arsed to read what is probably a dozen pages of Mancunians slinging mud at each other. Dzeko will likely be an extremely good capture. That said, can't see how he will slot right into City's lineup, and Tevez is unlikely to want to move out onto the wing to accomodate him.
i actually fear for wolfsburg without him, no idea how they are going cope becuase they are as close as you get to a one man team. 4-4-2/4-4-1-1, tevez having a free role off Dzeko

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJeXLetniKI"]YouTube - Edin Dzeko TOP 10 Goals (2008, 2009, 2010)[/ame]

i actually fear for wolfsburg without him, no idea how they are going cope becuase they are as close as you get to a one man team. 4-4-2/4-4-1-1, tevez having a free role off Dzeko

Well if they really get that much, then i really believe they can get a couple avarge players with that cash (H) If they use it though.:)