Man City move for striker Dzeko

I dont know about anyone else, but if this does go through, i cant wait to see him grace the Premier League.

Totally agree, i have heard so much of him and because i dont see the bundesleague from my tv i cant watch him. Would love to see him in PL.

Seriously, Blakefish80 really sounds like a massive troll. I guess some people can really be that naive.

Great signing for the premiership. Shows we are still pulling spending rank in europe over other leagues and clubs

Seriously, Blakefish80 really sounds like a massive troll. I guess some people can really be that naive.
he's not naive, he has a pretty good point.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

you call him naive, yet you dont raise any counterpoints..?

I've never seen Dzeko play, so I am quite curious to see him in action.

Good signing for City, Ive been wanting to see him play.

Im not to worried though, He will probably catch sight of Balotelli's hat and be so confused he will forget how to play football.

It will be interesting what formation Mancini goes for too if he does sign

The blatant Anti Man City sentiment on this forum is a bit sad simply because it's the done thing to bash City right now. But Envy is a sad beast and y'all should know better.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Could be a good signing for City, he has the potential to be a star in the EPL.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Good signing for City, Ive been wanting to see him play.

Im not to worried though, He will probably catch sight of Balotelli's hat and be so confused he will forget how to play football.

It will be interesting what formation Mancini goes for too if he does sign

I would guess he would stick with the one he has been using, with Dzeko to either come off the bench or start if Mancini feels a target man is needed.

I'm guessing that's why he is signing him. Given enough money every team would try to get one of every 'type' of striker and I'm guessing that's what Mancini is doing. You're right though, it will be interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Could be a good signing for City, he has the potential to be a star in the EPL.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I would guess he would stick with the one he has been using, with Dzeko to either come off the bench or start if Mancini feels a target man is needed.

I'm guessing that's why he is signing him. Given enough money every team would try to get one of every 'type' of striker and I'm guessing that's what Mancini is doing. You're right though, it will be interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
people see city in the headline, and immediately ignore the rest of the story and city bash. boring.

My only question is the gamble they are taking since they must qualify for the CL and the money that comes with it, in order to be in shape for the FFF rules

i would have gone a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 shape, Dzeko leading the line, and tevez playing off him in a free role

Wonder how many people are basing their opinions on Dzeko from FM :p Great player and has owned a weaker bundesliga at times but I think it might take him a while to settle and he might not be given that time although he could be a very good signing for city and help them towards a trophy this season.

Wonder how many people are basing their opinions on Dzeko from FM :p Great player and has owned a weaker bundesliga at times but I think it might take him a while to settle and he might not be given that time although he could be a very good signing for city and help them towards a trophy this season.
he has been immense at wolfsburg, evn while everyone else around him plays like an utter shambles, definitely capable of making the step up. and the Bundesliga isnt as weak as you think

You'd think for how much they're spending on him, they'll give him quite a bit of time. :p I see him making the step up quickly as well too.

he has been immense at wolfsburg, evn while everyone else around him plays like an utter shambles, definitely capable of making the step up. and the Bundesliga isnt as weak as you think

I know its not weak, I was just saying that from watching it, it seems weaker than it previously was.

I know its not weak, I was just saying that from watching it, it seems weaker than it previously was.
its actually stronger than it was, the lower sides have massively stepped up their games, willing to out play and out think the established sides, the money is better spread in the league which helps

Good point about the bundesliga Mike. Who thought that FSV Mainz would have been leading after winning 8 out of 9 games.

people see city in the headline, and immediately ignore the rest of the story and city bash. boring.

My only question is the gamble they are taking since they must qualify for the CL and the money that comes with it, in order to be in shape for the FFF rules

i would have gone a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 shape, Dzeko leading the line, and tevez playing off him in a free role

Sorry but please could you elaborate on your second sentence, I don't actually know what the FFF rules are :$

It sounds from what you said like they are taking a gamble like Leeds did. (Never a good move)

Would be a fantastic signing, hes big, strong and would be good at holding the ball up and scoring goals hopefully. This city bashing is pathetic, you would all love it if it was happening to your club.
Mostly Liverpool fans aswell, just because your club is going down the *******, dont take it out on us,

Sorry but please could you elaborate on your second sentence, I don't actually know what the FFF rules are :$

It sounds from what you said like they are taking a gamble like Leeds did. (Never a good move)

I think he's on about the new Finacial rules UEFA is introducing in couple of seasons. Means if a club makes a loss 3 years in a row, they aren't allowed to participate in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa league.
And it goes by the club's revenue and expenses, which means teams like Man City and Chelsea, who rely on there sugardaddy, are in trouble of not being able to compete in the Europe Competitions.

I am raising a question here. Why does City need so many Strikers if most of the time they play a counter attack system using only striker at a time. Sometimes they play 2, but one of them drops back of position like Tevez or Jo lately. Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Jo, Tevez, Balotelli, and so many more. Is it really necessary? Did Mancini ask for him? Is he the one that suppose to replace Tevez and Balotelli in case they leave at the end of the season.

Silva has been playing quite well. Wouldnt it benefit him and City to sign another player from the Spanish Armada, the same that won the World Cup? Javi Martinez, Iniesta, Canales? I mean, if you are already throwing millions of euros away, why not? Plus, REAL MADRID, is SELLING (Gago, Garay, Lass, Diarra)!!!! And most the players leaving Real Madrid in recent years have had a great season, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Robben, etc....

And IMHO, City has a Cancer, and its called MANCINI. There is no style in the game, and it seems they only win when some of the players have excellent individual performances like Adam Johnson vs Aston Villa.

This city bashing is pathetic, you would all love it if it was happening to your club.
Mostly Liverpool fans aswell, just because your club is going down the *******, dont take it out on us,

Ooooo touchy touchy Joe haha. Our clubs fine and we have sensible, ambitious owners who want to build for the future and put us back where we should be. Wouldn't say were going down the ******* to be honest.