• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City's transfer splurge shows no sign of ending as boss Roberto Mancini reveals the club are looking at Landon Donovan and Mario Balotelli.

More...

transfer rumor thread? yes i now it is a bot.

they are just pointlessly spending money imo where would donovan fit into there team

transfer rumor thread? yes i now it is a bot.

they are just pointlessly spending money imo where would donovan fit into there team

Backup.

This is getting beyond stupid now. It did last year.

Donovan isn't even very good

Disagree.

But, I do agree that we should not sign more players. Perhaps one more big name signing, but Donovan wouldn't have a place in our team against Silva, Johnson and the other wingers.

Last edited:
He would be no more than a fringe player at City IMO. Only a matter of time before City end up with about 30 world class superstars in their squad. :S

I hope Donovan is a true sportsman and looks beyond the money to what he said, "it would be very hard to join a team in the Premier League that isn't Everton", if he joins City I believe its just for the money, although he might want to promote American 'Soccer' worldwide, just don't do it in Manchester Landon!

Obviously. I am seeing this all backfire, like it did to Madrid.

Donovan? He has 100's and millions and he wants to sign Donovan? Balotelli on the other hand...

If you have got it flaunt it i wish my team would just make one signing

Aha yeh you guys seem to be losing players left, right and centre. Is Walter Smith just trying to make it difficult for his successor next season? :P

I think he just wants the world to know that without some off our best players we will still walk the league against "big spending" Celtic with the super signing of Mr Marlon Harewood

I think he just wants the world to know that without some off our best players we will still walk the league against "big spending" Celtic with the super signing of Mr Marlon Harewood
i heard harewood was linked with yous, he better not sign for us we already paid 1.5mil for Daryl Murphy

If you've got it.

Spend it.
There is no long term bonus to buying players and having a big squad because it will be extremely tough to keep everyone happy and playing regularly.

i'd rather see Adam Johnson playing for City week in week out for England's sake, although who knows whether Silva will play in behind the striker or on the left wing, either way he'll definitely start and probably end up taking Johnson's spot.

like Kylo said, they don't need anyone else really, maybe one more player, so Balotelli.

then again, I think it's likely Bellamy is on his way out tbh and Petrov is already gone.

There is no long term bonus to buying players and having a big squad because it will be extremely tough to keep everyone happy and playing regularly.

i'd rather see Adam Johnson playing for City week in week out for England's sake, although who knows whether Silva will play in behind the striker or on the left wing, either way he'll definitely start and probably end up taking Johnson's spot.

like Kylo said, they don't need anyone else really, maybe one more player, so Balotelli.

then again, I think it's likely Bellamy is on his way out tbh and Petrov is already gone.

i would have to disagree, the long term bonus, would be if they got hit with 3 or 4 big injuries there squad would be able to cover it, Last season Tevez scored most of there goals. so they need more match winners with in there squad, Ballottelli and Donovan match that, at least they arent signing players like Santa Cruz or Benjani

Surely must be running it close on the 25 over 21 years old players squad limit. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back