Man City transfer spree to go on

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read up his previous threads then, every time I see his name come up there's an argument brewing. And i disagree we completely do have a claim to him, guranteed you would have no interest in him whatsoever if you hadn't seen him tear your side apart for us last season.
I have read the thread, and I have no interest in a player that isn't good enough toplay for our reserves, as YOU would know if YOU read the threads above

If he seems argumentative, it's because your points are easy to argue with. I.E. Wrong.

Call them whatever you want, i'd love Liverpool to be in their position right now.

Read up his previous threads then, every time I see his name come up there's an argument brewing. And i disagree we completely do have a claim to him, guranteed you would have no interest in him whatsoever if you hadn't seen him tear your side apart for us last season.

You have no claim on him. He loaned to Everton and played 10 times. He was already an established player before last season.

i get into debates with people who have a good point thats its different to mine, its good to see why people think that way, and get their point of, and sometimes i end up agreeing with that view. im "argumentative" with people who make factous, and clearly wrong points.

the whole donovan transfer is probably a moot point since the mls arent looking for money, they are looking for names to promote the league, and donovan is a massive name. so any transfer is unlikely unless its a loan during their close season

What gets me with City is that they always are being linked to midfielders and strikers. Surely they should try to start signing some top class defenders if they want to succeed and break into the Champions league.

What gets me with City is that they always are being linked to midfielders and strikers. Surely they should try to start signing some top class defenders if they want to succeed and break into the Champions league.
finally someone talks sense - i have this debate with my father every weekend (Hes a ManUre fan!!)

Dont be bitter just because that is what happened to Liverpool.;)

Sorry i wasnt being bitter i was just thinking if they are spending this much on players this season, how much will they spend next season and the next when they get into Champions League where the owners will want to spend even more to chase Champions League success. I hate to think how much they are spending on wages each week. I guess what im trying to say is that even if they go on to win the League and Champions League how much will it have cost them relative to the money they make from winning them. In my opinion and i dont know much about sponsorship financing etc so please forgive me if this is wrong i dont see how they will make back any money and will end up spending scary amounts to get to the top.

Prehaps i was a little silly in saying they will go bankrupt i know it wont happen, sorry if i offended anyone, if its possible can an admin remove my account please, i shouldnt be posting here as i cant get any posts right.

I already thought they had a top class defence :S

Should be solid this season if Yaya Toure and De Jong are sitting in front of it.

I already thought they had a top class defence :S

Should be solid this season if Yaya Toure and De Jong are sitting in front of it.

Maybe I should of put they should sign some world class defenders. Never rated Lescott as a top class player.

City for me are taking the fun out of football at the moment because as soon as someone comes along and other teams are interested then City say we want him the other teams just cant compete anymore with the wages etc. I thought this was bad with Chelsea when Abramovich took them over but City are taking the fun out the game on a whole new level when it comes to signing players.

I would not say I was jealous of the money they have, good luck to them but if they start to dominate English football by just out competing everyone through signings then they will be stuck with the stigma from other fans and clubs that they bought football and taking the competitive edge out the game.

What do you possibly mean? They have Lescott and Toure XD

What do you possibly mean? They have Lescott and Toure XD

Yeah. Exactly.

As happens with virtually all Arsenal old boys that leave the Gunners, Kolo has looked out of sorts at City, and Lescott struggling to justify his mighty pricetag. Maybe this will change next season with Yaya arriving as both on- and off-field support for Kolo, and Lescott might begin to grow into the role.

Yeah. Exactly.

As happens with virtually all Arsenal old boys that leave the Gunners, Kolo has looked out of sorts at City, and Lescott struggling to justify his mighty pricetag. Maybe this will change next season with Yaya arriving as both on- and off-field support for Kolo, and Lescott might begin to grow into the role.

I think their defence was the only thing they needed to strengthen. They weren't exactly short of attacking talent last season, I suppose they just wanted some big marque signings to show they're a 'big' club.

No but it just proves how they can't find there own players and need to wait for teams like us with good scouting systems to find/develop a player and then they're in with big bucks. City are starting to become more of a hate of mine than the Pool.

Just like Rangers with Arteta ;)

look, I know that Chelsea did this once, but at least they didn't spend 150 million on players they didn't need. The FA needs to put a cap on salary's like in rugby, or in the MLS. It's getting ridiculous. At this rate, Man City's reserve team will be better than teams like Blackburn

this is more like the real madrid spending spree than the chelsea spending spree.

we have a great youth set-up, historically Man Utd nicked our youths, not any more :P

Landon Donovan maybe a 'BUSINESS' signing - creates a fanbase abroad, buying shirts and subscribing to TV channels etc.......

Personally, I don't want him, but whatever....

Examples?

I heard Man City nicked Stephen Ireland of Man Utd but cant find that in his history but pretty sure someone mentioned it before

Stephen Ireland is one of the players on the list heading out of eastlands which is good for potentiel suitors but will hurt city one day Ireland is a brilliant player

Has anyone here actually seen the Donavon interview? It's quite obvious that Mancini was being polite - if asked about a countries best player it would have been wrong to say to the press "he's good, but not good enough"
and I have to agree with the comments made. We have spent a ridiculous amount of money, the money spent on Yaya Touré is sickening. It's fair to say we are driving the prices of players around the world upwards single handedly.
However, anyone could have done that. Prices have ALWAYS gone up. Five years ago 20 million for Kolarov would have seemed out of this world, now it's considered "slightly overpriced" by the majority. It's not stupid, Mancini must build his own squad and that is key. Hughes's fetish of EPL proven players was a good idea but extreme. Now Mancini must change that so that he doesn't have to do so later - we are not trying to assemble a squad that will only get into the champions league.
Nick Main - i'll remind you of Shaun Wright Phillips. Really, the signings are down to the manager in our case and not the club. Wayne Bridge and Joleon Lescott were stupid signings but so was SWP. We don't NEED players, but Balotelli (who I htink will sign today) and Kolarov will be key to us and are NOT players that aren't "needed". There is a sense of bitterness in this thread and I'd like to say that there are plenty of city fans who are ashamed of the money the club has spent - however, the fact is that football is a business and we are now capable of providing excellent oppurtunities to young people - we've even set up a website that instructs young players on how to go about they're buisness (called the ecademy).
Finally, we'll sell players. Mancini has said we should buy before we sell. For instance, Juve were in for Kolarov and Chelsea are in for Torres - they could have or can easily grabbed those players. It's safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back