Man City transfer spree to go on

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing i love about Man City, is because of their mega-bucks, they're getting completely ripped off for players!

i mean, last year - lescott was signed for £24 Million - way overpriced and it looks like he could be on his way out this year... (plus, thats more than Torres cost, and i know which one i'd rather have...)

this year - Yaya Toure - something like £20 million + for a barca reject who only played something like 12 games, David Silva's cost £26 million, and when you look how much Barca got Villa for, then you could say Silva was overpriced...

it's just hilarious at how stupid they are and how the consistantly get mugged off... :D :D

retrodude09 First Team

Supports: Liverpool, follows barcelona!

the thing i love about Man City, is because of their mega-bucks, they're getting completely ripped off for players!

i mean, last year - lescott was signed for £24 Million - way overpriced and it looks like he could be on his way out this year... (plus, thats more than Torres cost, and i know which one i'd rather have...)

this year - Yaya Toure - something like £20 million + for a barca reject who only played something like 12 games, David Silva's cost £26 million, and when you look how much Barca got Villa for, then you could say Silva was overpriced...

it's just hilarious at how stupid they are and how the consistantly get mugged off...
I saw your comments regarding city on here and another thread "Mancini - Rivals are scared of us". Your comments are annoying and bitter. Firstly Yaya Touré is as good as Mascherano and is a world class player - if your dimwitted enough to call him a Barca "reject" then you shouldn't really be allowed to have a valid opinion. Busquets is a young Spanish player, who was favoured by Barcelona this season. The fans (as shown in a poll) preferred Yaya and Guardiola said he would have loved to keep him. He has proven his world class status in Barcelona with some great performances over the years and he played CB in the Champs League final and did very well. A very good defensive player.
Let's talk about stupid for me. I have a few words for you.
Andrea Dossena. Phillip Degen. Kyriagos. Andriy Vorinin. I would argue that even though one or two were free, you have been overpriced for them. Your managerial and board decisions have been awful. We get ripped off, but we take as much **** from other clubs as Liverpool do. Plus, our signings were in a desperate attempt from Mark Hughes to push into the top four, and were overpriced because they were proven English players.
And you really can't say David Silva was overpriced just becasue of another players price, it's irrelevant. We needed an attacking midfielder, and Barcelona needed a striker. Two different players, and compared to other dealings 26 million isn't bad. He's better than everyone on your team bar Torres and possibly Mascherano who looks set to leave this summer.

it's just hilarious at how stupid they are and how the consistantly get mugged off... :D :D

they are really good players especially yaya toure and david silva. the high transfer fees is not man citys fault look how many players chelsea have paid over the odds for when a club has massive financial backing other clubs say either pay us what we want or go elsewhere. lets look at it this way yaya toure and david silva are proven winners and honestly i would rather have yaya than mascherano and silva insted of any of the wingers at liverpool.

I saw your comments regarding city on here and another thread "Mancini - Rivals are scared of us". Your comments are annoying and bitter. Firstly Yaya Touré is as good as Mascherano and is a world class player - if your dimwitted enough to call him a Barca "reject" then you shouldn't really be allowed to have a valid opinion. Busquets is a young Spanish player, who was favoured by Barcelona this season. The fans (as shown in a poll) preferred Yaya and Guardiola said he would have loved to keep him. He has proven his world class status in Barcelona with some great performances over the years and he played CB in the Champs League final and did very well. A very good defensive player.
Andrea Dossena. Phillip Degen. Kyriagos. Andriy Vorinin. I would argue that even though one or two were free, you have been overpriced for them. Your managerial and board decisions have been awful. We get ripped off, but we take as much **** from other clubs as Liverpool do. Plus, our signings were in a desperate attempt from Mark Hughes to push into the top four, and were overpriced because they were proven English players.
And you really can't say David Silva was overpriced just becasue of another players price, it's irrelevant. We needed an attacking midfielder, and Barcelona needed a striker. Two different players, and compared to other dealings 26 million isn't bad. He's better than everyone on your team bar Torres and possibly Mascherano who looks set to leave this summer
Firstly, Mascherano's better than Toure, at DM-ing. Secondly, we had bad luck signing dossena. He was Italy's left back, had a fantastic season, and was voted their player of the season, neverthe less we got around half our fee paid back on him, that was unlucky. Krygiakos cost less than 1 million pound and was absoloutely fantastic, you obviously don't watch Liverpool often if you say Krygi is ****. How is lerss than 1 M for him bad?

Firstly Yaya Touré is as good as Mascherano and is a world class player - if your dimwitted enough to call him a Barca "reject" then you shouldn't really be allowed to have a valid opinion.

If i remember correctly barca wanted to replace touré with mascherano. Pretty sure pep guardiola is a better judge of players than you.

Last edited:
toure is probably a more complete player. but for the role that mascherano plays, and the one that barca want him for, masch is the best in the world at it. and i say that as a united fan

And you really can't say David Silva was overpriced just becasue of another players price, it's irrelevant. We needed an attacking midfielder, and Barcelona needed a striker. Two different players, and compared to other dealings 26 million isn't bad. He's better than everyone on your team bar Torres and possibly Mascherano who looks set to leave this summer.
You can't really say "You shouldn't really be allowed to have a valid opinion." I mean, we could say this was ridiculous:
I think it [the Man City defence] will be good and we have one of the best centre backs in the world in Vincent Kompany.
Anyway, let's see...
Dossena was one out of 2 unlucky signings like Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott for you, both were good just didn't settle in. But unlike you, we managed to make a small loss and didn't waste money, £7m isn't bad. Degen was a freebie and isn't doing to bad actually, he's better than Javier Garrido! He was a backup anyway, on a free and low wages. Kyriagos was about £2m, which is an absolute bargain, so cheap and such a good player. A bit like how Arsenal got Kolo Toure for only £250,000k. Vorinin was on a free and I admit, he failed but it was a free and he was backup, anyway. You spent £19m on Santa Cruz and he played - what? - 5 games? We made a £1.8m profit on Vorinin. How can we be overpriced if they were free, were on small wages, and we made a big profit on them? Overpriced because of English? Yeah, right. How many English players did Hughes sign then, huh? Villa is the best player in the Spain team, whilst David Silva isn't even first team. £26m is a good deal, yes, but nowhere near as good as our Mascherano, Torres, Alonso or Reina deals. And I have a few words for you. Roque Santa Cruz. Robinho. Kolo Toure. Joleon Lescott. Wayne Bridge. Emmanuel Adebayor. Craig Bellamy. Jo. Oh wait, I have two articles for you to enjoy. Have fun reading it!
http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3287331,00.html
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6277056,00.html

Can't really blame them, if you've got it, spend it I guess.

Although I fail to see why people are talking about Liverpool in this thread..

If i remember correctly barca wanted to replace touré with mascherano. Pretty sure pep guardiola is a better judge of players than you.
According to rumours. Did Guardiola say that? Guardiola definitely said he wanted to keep Touré.
And Paul, great post in which I agree with pretty much everything you said. Our players are overpriced, overpaid and generally quite spoilt.
However, I would disagree that Touré OR Lescott are unlucky, as have recently been signed on long term contracts. Lescott, on the occasions he wasn't injured, looked calm and composed. Obviously not worth 24 million, but that's not bad luck - that's plain stupidity. When you consider the actual signing, I disagree that there is an element of bad luck there. He is a good CB. As for Touré, he seems to have lost some of the fantastic ability he used to show, and seems a little bit reckless and careless. However, he is still a good CB (again, not worth 14 mil) who really hasn't done a lot wrong. I also fail to see what Craig Bellamy has done wrong - do you watch City play at all? He has been a revelation since signing. Likewise Adebayor has been signed on a long term contract, for a stupid amount of money. I honestly do not think 14 in 26 is a bad record at all and despite his apparent lack of focus has either been excellent or fairly average - never bad, as some of the Liverpool players mentioned have.
But Jo, who was signed Pre-take over era. Jo, I am not going to defend. Worse than any signing, ever. Bridge gives him a run for his money though. Roque Santa Cruz, while a stupid signing, was definitely unlucky as I thought he was excellent in his Blackburn days and I remember everyone saying what huge potential he had in his Bayern days. There's still hope for him yet (though maybe not at our club). That was Hughes though, with his EPL players fetish.
and David Silva as of pre WC was in the team. You only have to look at his season at Valencia (I follow some Spanish football) and EURO 2008 to realise we have a really good player on our hands there. I think that Valencia needed to raise a certain amount of money, and by selling those two players could reach it. They obviously realised that David Villa was worth more than David Silva, but realised if they priced him at 40 million they would not sell him and would not reach that target. That is (probably and logically) why David Villa cost a few more million than David Silva. Paul, with those four signings, they were made when you were a well established and title challenging top four side who could spend the money on what were believed to be almost top class players with great potential. I believe Boateng to be one of those, but we are more at the stage where we need them ready made to make the last push through. That is what I think is the reason we have not made similair signings to those four. But in Benítez's defence, he knows the Spanish market very well, and...well, we all know what happened with Mascherano at West Ham.
and I thought Degen looked pathetic whenever I'd seen him, Garrido's not good but he's loyal and is definitely decent cover, in my eyes Garrido edges that one.
And forgive me if I was wrong but wasn't the idea that Vorinin partnered Torres up front? I'm not sure if you'd bought Kuyt or not by then.
Kyriagos,

lets just wait and see where all this spending gets them, i have a funny feeling Old Trafford will be singing 36 years next season ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back