Man U in £40 million bid for David Villa!

kevdo

Reaction score
Ferguson in for David Villa!
Just seen it on sky sports that united are making a january transfer window bid for Villa!
They're finally splashing the Ronaldo cash!
What do you guys think?will it go through?Valencia are meant to be skint?

... this thread is confusing.

Firstly if it's real life, this is in the wrong area. How hard is it to place it in the correct one?

Secondly when you post something like this we need source(s).

Where did you hear this.?
And it will just get rejected if i am right i am sure Barcelona made a big bid for Villa and it got rejected.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I doubt this is true.

I think the story goes that barcelona had a bid accepted decided to go with ibra and a move to madrid did not materialise leaving villa in tears

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

He played in the europa cup so i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be able to play in europe. which makes me even more sceptical.

Rooney and villa upfront? the worst combination ever.

not true imo.

Villa is like Torres and plays best Upfront alone i think.

Huh. i don't think it will happen but do you really think villa and rooney would be a bad partnership.

Huh. i don't think it will happen but do you really think villa and rooney would be a bad partnership.

It would look good on paper but i don't think they would play well together

Villa plays best upfront alone ?? where did you get that from, hes small and pacey , in the premiership he would be masacared upfront alone, he needs a target man with him.

Where did you hear this.?
And it will just get rejected if i am right i am sure Barcelona made a big bid for Villa and it got rejected.

Barce had a 45million euro bid accepted from Valencia but they decided to go for Ibrahivomic.

Sorry if it's in wrong place guys i got a little bit excited and jumped the gun!
It was on sky sports news saying it's in the back of the newspapers tomorrow and they might be going for a double signing with David Silva as Valencia are struggling to balance the books !
I dunno what papers have reported this and although he's played in the europa league you can still register one player for the champs league hence real madrid signing huntelaar and not being able to play him because of lassana diarra!

Last edited:
Fair enough. you never really know.
i remember reading in newspapers (**** ones) that the keane torres partnership was going to be the best at liverpool since rush dalglishXD before they even played together.

Sorry if it's in wrong place guys i got a little bit excited and jumped the gun!
It was on sky sports news saying it's in the back of the newspapers tomorrow and they might be going for a double signing with David Silva as Valencia are struggling to balance the books !
I duno what papers have reported this and although he's played in the europa league you acn still register one player for the champs league hence real madrid signing huntelaar and not being able to play him because of lassana diarra!

Ye i saw it aswell, it was in the paper round up, just because its on sky sports news does not mean its going to happen, unfortunately.

I think it would be a good partnership. i'm no football genius though. doesn't matter anyway it's probably not gonna happen.

Ye i saw it aswell, it was in the paper round up, just because its on sky sports news does not mean its going to happen, unfortunately.
Yeah i know but we all love transfer speculation don't we? And lets face it it wouldn't be unlikley for Fergie to pull off something like this?
It has to have come from somewhere? Agents?

As danny said, looking at them on paper it does look awesome but team wise they would just get in each others way. Plus what a waste in talent when berbatov get's dropped back onto the bench when they do sign villa?

People might say im mad but i would hands down pick rooney and berba upfront as they both suit the man utd's system more and shouldnt be replaced all because villa is goalscorer and i guess SAF knows a **** of alot more about footall than i do.

SAF buying villa? no chance not for man utd anyway.

man utd are last on the list that i would see villa go to :|

Or the papers making up ***** once again?

i dont want him at city, we already have about 200 strikers