Man U in £40 million bid for David Villa!

Villa plays best upfront alone ?? where did you get that from, hes small and pacey , in the premiership he would be masacared upfront alone, he needs a target man with him.

Well he plays upfront alone for Valencia i think and he dose well so why would he not do good in the Premiership, If he was alone upfront at man utd i think he would do very good and would get 20+ goals.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

i dont want him at city, we already have about 200 strikers

You Don't want David Villa at Man City are you mad.

is he proven in the pl mate, could be another shevchenko for all i know, i want torres because he is proven, he may be another mutu crespo etc etc

Villa at Arsenal wouldnt be bad, fabregas threading passes to him all day long but then again van persie is one of my favourite players not sure on this one lol.

Would Rooney not get shunted out wide again to make way for Villa? Is Rooney not a better creator of goals than scorer? I think with Villa Man Utd would be getting a better finisher than Torres even if he's not necessarely a better player?

to be honest i could see hughes making a 50m bid, he said he would stop the spending, but we are loaded why would he do that, i would be going crazy if i was manager

As danny said, looking at them on paper it does look awesome but team wise they would just get in each others way. Plus what a waste in talent when berbatov get's dropped back onto the bench when they do sign villa?

People might say im mad but i would hands down pick rooney and berba upfront as they both suit the man utd's system more and shouldnt be replaced all because villa is goalscorer and i guess SAF knows a **** of alot more about footall than i do.

SAF buying villa? no chance not for man utd anyway.

man utd are last on the list that i would see villa go to :|
yeah i dont want him to come. we already got rooney , berbatov, rooney. i don't wanna see berbatove dropped to the bench. and i like to see youth given a chance and with that situation theyd struggle to make the bench.:(

But i think theyd be an alright partnership. rooney tends to drop off even now ronaldo has gone you'll see him at the halfway line while villa just gets on with being a striker and scoring goals.

just my opinion. might be wrong.

nah, i think he'll be better than sheva. after all, we wont know whether he would become a flop unless he plays.

sorry guys my laptop playing up links knackerd!
its in the daily mirror! saying Valencia are prepared to sell Villa and Silva!

Last edited:
yeah i dont want him to come. we already got rooney , berbatov, rooney. i don't wanna see berbatove dropped to the bench. and i like to see youth given a chance and with that situation theyd struggle to make the bench.:(

But i think theyd be an alright partnership. rooney tends to drop off even now ronaldo has gone you'll see him at the halfway line while villa just gets on with being a striker and scoring goals.

just my opinion. might be wrong.

Yh ture,

I might be wrong who knows well im off to play fifa for abit then off to bed hehe

I could have sworn Villa has said he doesn't want to leave Spain at all.

I could have sworn Villa has said he doesn't want to leave Spain at all.

Yes, he did say that but i bet If Man Utd, Man City or any other big team did go for him and Valencia accepted i bet he would go.

Yes, he did say that but i bet If Man Utd, Man City or any other big team did go for him and Valencia accepted i bet he would go.

Hm, it'd have to be a big offer though, seeing as the reason he wants to stay in Spain is supposedly due to family.

Barry wanted to move for european football. money changes things.:D

Hm, it'd have to be a big offer though, seeing as the reason he wants to stay in Spain is supposedly due to family.

But with the amount of money Man City, Man Utd have if they did make a bid it would be big

But with the amount of money Man City, Man Utd have if they did make a bid it would be big

Oh yeah, but also in terms of wages. Although I can't see him moving to England tbh, wouldn't surprise me at all if Madrid didn't make an offer.

Yeah but this is Madrid we're talking about. They desperately need a left back so they'll just go for another striker.

yeah but anderson, if you were offered more money you would take it dont deny it, 100 000 a week is alot different to 50000 a week if you do the maths. and man utd would not blow all their money on this guy, look what happened with veron, they need to be careful, if we have a 30m pound flop it doesnt matter, he can earn that back in like 8 hours, anyway who cares about if you won trophies in the past, its the future that matters, otherwise everyone would be joining nottingham forest

yeah but anderson, if you were offered more money you would take it dont deny it, 100 000 a week is alot different to 50000 a week if you do the maths. and man utd would not blow all their money on this guy, look what happened with veron, they need to be careful, if we have a 30m pound flop it doesnt matter, he can earn that back in like 8 hours, anyway who cares about if you won trophies in the past, its the future that matters, otherwise everyone would be joining nottingham forest
quite true. money is certainly an intriguing factor as well.

off topic, but robinho is paid like 160k per week. newcastle paid like 100 or 120k per week to owen previously. this, shows the power of money. :S