• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester United have six current or former players picked by Premier League managers selecting their 'team of decade'

More...

Van der Sar ahead of Cech? Debatable.

Obviously hard to pick and fit everyone in but no Henry.

If you compared it to the La Liga team of the decade it shows why in my opinion tha it is a better quality league than the EPL.

Interesting choices there, but Henry easily deserves a place for me, probably ahead of both Shearer and Drogba. Can't really argue with any of the other inclusions though

Looks fine I guess, I would be interested to see a bench aswell.

Van der Sar ahead of Cech? Debatable.

Obviously hard to pick and fit everyone in but no Henry.

If you compared it to the La Liga team of the decade it shows why in my opinion tha it is a better quality league than the EPL.

Yeah, because a team of the decade clearly sums up how good the leagues have been oO)

Looks fine I guess, I would be interested to see a bench aswell.

Yeah, because a team of the decade clearly sums up how good the leagues have been oO)

In my opinion the league with the best football and best players is the best league in the world, team of the decade shows that.

Agree that Henry certainly deserved a place.

In my opinion the league with the best football and best players is the best league in the world, team of the decade shows that.

Agree that Henry certainly deserved a place.

How does 11 players show the quality of players for the entire league throughout several years? Right now the EPL is a lot stronger than the La Liga not because of 2 teams, but because of 20.

How does 11 players show the quality of players for the entire league throughout several years? Right now the EPL is a lot stronger than the La Liga not because of 2 teams, but because of 20.

Sigh. La Liga has the best players in the world and that is why I say it is the best league. La Liga is a 2 horse race because it has the 2 best teams in the world, if they came to the EPL it would be the same.

I understand if you define the best league as a competitive league but as I said I don't. How many English clubs have won the Epl last 7 years? There isn't that much difference.

For me, the best league is the league that has the best players.

I don't think Barca or Real would run the EPL, the English game is too physical for them, they would just dive about everywhere like the pansies they are.

OT: The only reason United have dominated the team of the decade is because they have dominated the EPL based solely on the titles they have won.

Sigh. La Liga has the best players in the world and that is why I say it is the best league. La Liga is a 2 horse race because it has the 2 best teams in the world, if they came to the EPL it would be the same.

I understand if you define the best league as a competitive league but as I said I don't. How many English clubs have won the Epl last 7 years? There isn't that much difference.

And for me the best league is the league with the best teams overall. For goodness sake, apart from the 2 best teams La Liga is also worse than the Bundesliga and Serie A.

And for me the best league is the league with the best teams overall. For goodness sake, apart from the 2 best teams La Liga is also worse than the Bundesliga and Serie A.

Exactly for you, I acknowledged it in my first post that others have different views, I can accept that.

Top 2 in La Liga > Top 2 in Epl
3-8 in EPL > La Liga
9-20 EPL = La Liga

But surely that is like saying, 'the Brazilian League is the best because they've had the best players like Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Kaka, Ronaldo, Romario etc or the Italian League with Buffon, Thuram , Davids, Seedorf, Zidane, Del Piero. Totti etc'

Surely you wouldn't say that they are better leagues than the Premiership?

No other league in the WORLD has a final day like the one the EPL has just had.. It takes a ****** good league for the majority of the supporters to be fixated on the bottom 6 teams. Buuut, we're going off topic.

Can hardly believe Henry isn't there. Also, 9-20 EPL > La Liga by far. :)

But surely that is like saying, 'the Brazilian League is the best because they've had the best players like Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Kaka, Ronaldo, Romario etc or the Italian League with Buffon, Thuram , Davids, Seedorf, Zidane, Del Piero. Totti etc'

Surely you wouldn't say that they are better leagues than the Premiership?

That's a fair point, but players weren't playing in Brazil at their peak and I don't watch Seria A so can't comment.

Another factor that I take into consideration is the football played. I like to see proper football with the ball on the ground and attacking sexy football. Most clubs in Spain do that (with the exception when against the top 2 understandably) which I like but in England it is a rarity.

I know and understand not everyone will feels the same but for me (as said numerous times :)) La Liga has better players and better football so that is why I think it is the better league ;)

Getting hideously off topic now.

Exactly for you, I acknowledged it in my first post that others have different views, I can accept that.

Top 2 in La Liga > Top 2 in Epl
3-8 in EPL > La Liga
9-20 EPL = La Liga

It's good to hear that you accept other peoples opinions, but I just simply can't accept yours. The EPL is MILES better than the La Liga currently, no matter how you put it.

Top in La Liga > Top 2 in EPL
The rest in EPL >>> The rest in La Liga.

Henry proberly deserves to be in it for Drogba i would say and i would also argue that maybe Cech insted of VDS but both are class.

Can't argue too much with the side, but I'd have Henry instead of Drogba personally.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Henry proberly deserves to be in it for Drogba i would say and i would also argue that maybe Cech insted of VDS but both are class.

Personally, VDS has been better over the whole decade than Cech to be fair, Cech had a dip and has come back, but VDS is incredibly consistent.

It's good to hear that you accept other peoples opinions, but I just simply can't accept yours. The EPL is MILES better than the La Liga currently, no matter how you put it.

Top in La Liga > Top 2 in EPL
The rest in EPL >>> The rest in La Liga.

It all depends on what you define as better. If it is all about competition you cay Bundesliga is the best, if it is about physical football the EPL.

I go to most games at Old Trafford and I very rarely see teams try and play proper football with the ball on the deck. It is all about how physical you are. I prefer to watch teams get the ball down and play football and that is what happens in La Liga.

For you, you find the EPL better presumably because it is fast flowing, physical and competitive but I prefer watching better players and better football.

Saw Stann Collymore saying on Talkshite last night that Barce wouldn't make top 4 in the EPL and Stoke would make the top in La Liga. People underestimate the quality of other teams in La Liga.

Sure Mike will come along and infract us all and delete the posts soon. ;)

Thierry Henry has to be in there ahead of Drogba. I'd also argue a case for Carragher but I'm a biased ****.

That debate again on La Liga vs EPL. Give me EPL any day not only just because it is more interesting but it is better because english people actually do care about the game. Even home fans shout at the player who is diving not like spanish people who actually applaud their theatrical dives. And Barca and Real won't dominate week in week out because the English game is physical and I'd actually like to see how Barca plays against teams like Stoke. Why do you think the all the good young players prefer Spain rather than England because they know that they can't handle the pressure of playing in England.

Back