Man Utd dominate 'team of decade'

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 4K
Or Parlour? Sorry, but this team of the decade is BS-the Arsenal players missing is an absolute glaring ommission-wth? So I'm going to totally disregard it. Yes there are players like Rooney, Scholes who deserve to be in it, but I'm narked Becks didn't make it. And he pretty much tried to carry the England squad on by himself at times, when other players couldn't be arsed at times. so....I don't like it.

And one little side-mention on the league thingy. Seen Liga-2 horse race most of the time like the SPL. Seen Serie A-boring. Cures insomnia at times. Premier League-as Sunday demonstrated, the most exciting league IN THE WORLD. It's not because the leagues getting worse. It's because "smaller" clubs/lower to mid-table clubs, are now getting much stronger. And some teams bring that strength from the Championship-as QPR will demonstrate. And it's also very unpredictable. So put that in your pipe and sssmmoookke it!

Never said anything against the League :P im sure you could put any mid prem team in another league and they'd finish in the top 6, Beckham wasn't there for long if you think about it but when he was, he was sensational. I love alan shearer but he was a lazy person, Henry was better imo but they must have a few English faces in the team otherwise you will get people complaining...

I find it hard to believe that not a single player from the greatest team ever to grace the league was not picked.. i mean come one, Henry, Bergkamp, Lehmann, Pires, Keown!?! I know I'm being biased but really not a single one!

Or Parlour? Sorry, but this team of the decade is BS-the Arsenal players missing is an absolute glaring ommission-wth? So I'm going to totally disregard it. Yes there are players like Rooney, Scholes who deserve to be in it, but I'm narked Becks didn't make it. And he pretty much tried to carry the England squad on by himself at times, when other players couldn't be arsed at times. so....I don't like it.

I think Henry should be in there.. But on you Arsenal players, How many of them played for even half of this Decade at a high standard? please come on, great players, and rightly deserved to be mentioned as some of the greats, But Pires spent 4 years of it in Spain, and a year with Villa hardy shining. Bergkamp what stopped being an important players in 2004? so only 4 years of this 10 year spell. To suggest Parlour is a joke. Keown only played a few years. Lehman wasnt even number one in his last season, So played what 4 years at arsenal?

Beckham left Manchester United in 2003, He played 3 ******* years in england, No-way on gods green earth should he be considered.

I think the team is pretty spot on tbf, With henry the only man i would bring in for Drogba. Arsenal went 7 years of that decade without a trophy, So lets not mention one arsenal side, which performed well for 1/10 of the time span please.

I think Henry should be in there.. But on you Arsenal players, How many of them played for even half of this Decade at a high standard? please come on, great players, and rightly deserved to be mentioned as some of the greats, But Pires spent 4 years of it in Spain, and a year with Villa hardy shining. Bergkamp what stopped being an important players in 2004? so only 4 years of this 10 year spell. To suggest Parlour is a joke. Keown only played a few years. Lehman wasnt even number one in his last season, So played what 4 years at arsenal?

Beckham left Manchester United in 2003, He played 3 ******* years in england, No-way on gods green earth should he be considered.

I think the team is pretty spot on tbf, With henry the only man i would bring in for Drogba. Arsenal went 7 years of that decade without a trophy, So lets not mention one arsenal side, which performed well for 1/10 of the time span please.

I think you have a personal vendetta against Arsenal supporters.. 2001-2006 we had one of the best teams in England if not the world! So what if bergkamp only played 4 years out of 10 he was amazing one of the most magical players ever to grace the game, just because these players didn't play for long didn't mean they weren't great when they did play. Like Beckham he was awesome when he played which is why he got picked but he also got picked because he's English, If they were to pick Bergkamp over Beckham people would have a fight about how there aren't many English players, they didn't just pick a team on how good they were or how well they played with a team. They looked at the trophies even if a player missed a crucial game that they won because of his replacement shinning and they picked them because of their nationality.

I think you have a personal vendetta against Arsenal supporters.. 2001-2006 we had one of the best teams in England if not the world! So what if bergkamp only played 4 years out of 10 he was amazing one of the most magical players ever to grace the game, just because these players didn't play for long didn't mean they weren't great when they did play. Like Beckham he was awesome when he played which is why he got picked but he also got picked because he's English, If they were to pick Bergkamp over Beckham people would have a fight about how there aren't many English players, they didn't just pick a team on how good they were or how well they played with a team. They looked at the trophies even if a player missed a crucial game that they won because of his replacement shinning and they picked them because of their nationality.

I think you have mis read my whole post... I never doubted his ability or any of those arsenal players, I said they "rightly deserve to be mentioned as some of the greats" but this was the team of the decade( 10 years) surely that means the players surely must of played the majority of the decade. That is surely part of the criteria, This team was voted by the managers and players... Not some journalist. Beckham wasnt picked and rightly so. Ronaldo was. And nationality should not decide who gets picked. It isnt english team of the journalist.

Back