Man Utd ready to limit signings

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 4K
It's a shame, I was hoping for some big names arriving in England, but could just be a bluff by SAF?
most likely. its world cup year, prcies will go mental. that last thing yu wanna do is tell everyone you need to buy. you're just asking to get raped in the transfer market

most likely. its world cup year, prcies will go mental. that last thing yu wanna do is tell everyone you need to buy. you're just asking to get raped in the transfer market

Do you really think Fergie's comments in a press conference will make any difference to player valuations, it won't. There are not many top calibre players available and lots of clubs with money to splash, if Man Utd don't pay up then City Madrid Barca or Chelsea will. If Fergie's plan is to wait until prices go down then he will be dissapointed, these days if you want world class talent you have to pay up wether you like it or not. You can't win EPL or CL on the cheap anymore, Fergie will find that out soon enough. Man Utd need a quality playmaker and striker, if they don't get both of these then they will fail next season. I would like to see David Silva and Edin Dzeko arrive, but Fergie's dithering and indecision means that we will miss out on both of them. It is annoying to see Fergie wasting money on average players that no-one has heard of, I mean he spent 18 million on Hernandez and Smalling, who the **** are they? We could of put that money towards a top calibre player like David Silva instead of more no mark players that will spend 3 years swanning around the reserves and then get sold off to stoke or hull.

Last edited:
I think Fergie knows we need 1 or 2 more players but like what someone said earlier he's playing his cards close to his chest and who can blame him.

Raffazza, Berb only got 12 goals in ALL comps, nowhere near good enough a return for the dosh we splashed.

I keep hearing Gourcuff's name being chucked around, but honestly how do we know he'll be able to cope in the Prem???? Torres is a proven goalscorer in the prem and has openly admitted if he stays here for too long it'll ruin his career, plus i've seen my fair share of overseas flops, Forlan immediately springs to mind.

But we do need to have a look at some players, i personally, would love to see Milner in a red devil shirt and as for a striker maybe Benzema.

Why are you comparing Torres and Gourcuff when Torres is a striker and Gourcuff is an attacking mid?

Do you really think Fergie's comments in a press conference will make any difference to player valuations, it won't. There are not many top calibre players available and lots of clubs with money to splash, if Man Utd don't pay up then City Madrid Barca or Chelsea will. If Fergie's plan is to wait until prices go down then he will be dissapointed, these days if you want world class talent you have to pay up wether you like it or not. You can't win EPL or CL on the cheap anymore, Fergie will find that out soon enough. Man Utd need a quality playmaker and striker, if they don't get both of these then they will fail next season. I would like to see David Silva and Edin Dzeko arrive, but Fergie's dithering and indecision means that we will miss out on both of them. It is annoying to see Fergie wasting money on average players that no-one has heard of, I mean he spent 18 million on Hernandez and Smalling, who the **** are they? We could of put that money towards a top calibre player like David Silva instead of more no mark players that will spend 3 years swanning around the reserves and then get sold off to stoke or hull.
It probably will. If you let it be know that you are absolutely desperate to get some top players then top clubs will raise the prices because they now you need to buy. If they think you're not that bothered they won't bother.

Fergie's dithering and indecision? The windows not even open yet and you're saying he's dithering. By the way, if you are a united fan i'd just like to point out we hadn't won the league for 26 years before ferguson came to the club and we've now won it 11 times in 17 years so maybe don't act as if you know more than him.

What's the point in calling players who haven't even played a game for us average? You don't have a clue about there talent. You haven't heard of them? Big ******* deal. I personally hadn't heard of ronaldo. David silva would have cost more than 18 mil and we have two perfectly good wingers.

Again, how you know they will flop without them playing a game is beyond me.

So, maybe you should have a little faith in our most succesful manager ever. I mean, it's just possible he's a better football manager than you?

SAF clearly sees something in them, and i'd trust his opinon over yours hes done pretty well in the 16+ years ive been following united. not that many people knew who evra was, nor about vidic. both are now world class players. thats what fergie does, he buys a player and tries to polish them up

and it does make a difference. its one thing to good looking for a player, its another to tell them you need a player, bacuse then you are over a barrel. i hate to say but you sound a like gloryhunter. the sason ended last week. have a little faith in the man

Last edited:
It is annoying to see Fergie wasting money on average players that no-one has heard of, I mean he spent 18 million on Hernandez and Smalling, who the **** are they? We could of put that money towards a top calibre player like David Silva instead of more no mark players that will spend 3 years swanning around the reserves and then get sold off to stoke or hull.

Just to add Hernandez or chacarito as they call him is touted as the next best thing in mexico, he is young , quick , clinical finisher and fergie has had his scouts looking at him for the whole season, he has taken his time,fergie's scouting network is great and very extensive, his scouts are extremely good at their job and look at vidic, evra, heinze,ronaldo, nani.instead of paying 20-30 million and get a berbatov why not pay 7-8 million and get a quick , young, fresh striker that is raring to go and no-one knows anything about him.How many big spends flopped this season ,benzema, ibrahimovic,berbatov,?do you really wana spend big on dzeko,gourcuff,benzema?If benzema can't play in spain then **** how would he cope in UK????
Ferguson is one of the greatest in the world,he is a legend of man utd and we have won the premier league 3 times in a row before this season and missed out on 1 point and all of a sudden everyone wants an overhaul of our squad???Ferdinand and vidic are still probably the best defensive pair in the world, evra is amazing and rafael is always coming along,midfielders like nani,valencia are great wingers , young and improving, valencia hasd a great first season and nani got his act together to finish strong,centrally scholes is still going,hardgreaves is definitley not over, **** he has been injured but he will be fine, carrick is still quality, and fletcher was probably one of our best players this season, with gibson improving.park is cover and would start in most teams, up front whatever anyone says berbatov is a good player, great touch and i would keep him,rooney is well i don't even have to say,macheda is young and full of talent, owen is still going, remember his last minute goal against man city???, and now we have this young mexican.So please tell me where the **** is the place for 2-3 more signings or big names.Why spend millions when you can bring in young players to play and learn the system then make the first team,tosic is an example of this, he is still adapting and fitting in,fergie is giving him time and sending him on loan is so that he gets experience, some players differ with the amount of time it takes to settle in, you can't judge tosic if you haven't seen him play much,have some faith in fergie, he's got us this far and thats all that needs to be said!!!!

Hernadez is great from what i saw,can score with both feet , good at heading , quick, skilfull ;)

Hernadez is great from what i saw,can score with both feet , good at heading , quick, skilfull ;)
Like JDY said, YouTube video? Most of those video's are him in the Mexican League, and tbh the Premier League owns Mexico League in terms of quality.

Hernandez and Smalling. About £18M.

Could've bought something bigger and better. Like... ooh... Ameobi?

Like JDY said, YouTube video? Most of those video's are him in the Mexican League, and tbh the Premier League owns Mexico League in terms of quality.
indeed, anyone one can loook good on youtube, but the little ive seen (watched mexicos friendly against bolivia, he had a good game and scored twice, though i wasnt watching it for him, i didnt even know who he was at the time, i was just trawling myp2p.eu at the time:P) think we'll get a better glimpse against when mexico play england.

SAF clearly sees something in them, and i'd trust his opinon over yours hes done pretty well in the 16+ years ive been following united. not that many people knew who evra was, nor about vidic. both are now world class players. thats what fergie does, he buys a player and tries to polish them up

and it does make a difference. its one thing to good looking for a player, its another to tell them you need a player, bacuse then you are over a barrel. i hate to say but you sound a like gloryhunter. the sason ended last week. have a little faith in the man

Wether Fergie admits it in a press conference or not, other clubs know that we need players so it won't make any difference. Chelsea finished the season in an amazing way and will strengthen alot with players like Aguero going there, so if we stand still other clubs will over take us. Hernandez might be a good player 3 years from now but he won't contribute anything to the first team next season, we need a playmaker and a striker who can go straight into the first team. When Rooney got injured our season was over, Berbatov just is not up to it im afraid, 12 goals all season for a guy who cost 31 million is a joke.

Man Utd's midfield is not up to the job against the best teams, Carrick has been awful for a long time now and was responsible for both of Bayerns goals at Old Trafford.
Hargreaves will never be 100%, he will be like Ledley King, only being able to play once every week or two and I don't think he is that good anyway. We need a guy like David Silva who can run with the ball through midfield and produce assists and goals, we don't have anyone in the squad who can produce that killer through ball apart from maybe Scholes. Mark my words, without a couple of quality signings Man Utd will be struggling to make the top four next season.

Fergie is to blame for Man Utd not getting a major trophy this season with his lousy cheap skate signings like Owen, while Inter were bringing in world class talent like Sneijder Etoo Milito Lucio Motta etc, thats why Inter are on the verge of the treble while Man Utd had to make do with the Mickey Mouse Cup. Chelsea dropped alot of points during the first half of the season while Ancelotti was figuring what tactics he wanted to use, Man Utd would of won the league easily if we had Sneijder and Milito in the squad. If Fergie's idea of the long term replacement for Scholes is Gibson then I am afraid I have to question his judgement.

Fergie is to blame for Man Utd not getting a major trophy this season with his lousy cheap skate signings like Owen, while Inter were bringing in world class talent like Sneijder Etoo Milito Lucio Motta etc, thats why Inter are on the verge of the treble while Man Utd had to make do with the Mickey Mouse Cup. Chelsea dropped alot of points during the first half of the season while Ancelotti was figuring what tactics he wanted to use, Man Utd would of won the league easily if we had Sneijder and Milito in the squad. If Fergie's idea of the long term replacement for Scholes is Gibson then I am afraid I have to question his judgement.[/QUOTE]

Lucio was free i think, and Eto was part of a mental deal from Barca, 40 mil plus a world class striker, Ibra wasnt worth that.

United dont have the spending power they used to im afraid

Wether Fergie admits it in a press conference or not, other clubs know that we need players so it won't make any difference. Chelsea finished the season in an amazing way and will strengthen alot with players like Aguero going there, so if we stand still other clubs will over take us. Hernandez might be a good player 3 years from now but he won't contribute anything to the first team next season, we need a playmaker and a striker who can go straight into the first team. When Rooney got injured our season was over, Berbatov just is not up to it im afraid, 12 goals all season for a guy who cost 31 million is a joke.

Man Utd's midfield is not up to the job against the best teams, Carrick has been awful for a long time now and was responsible for both of Bayerns goals at Old Trafford.
Hargreaves will never be 100%, he will be like Ledley King, only being able to play once every week or two and I don't think he is that good anyway. We need a guy like David Silva who can run with the ball through midfield and produce assists and goals, we don't have anyone in the squad who can produce that killer through ball apart from maybe Scholes. Mark my words, without a couple of quality signings Man Utd will be struggling to make the top four next season.

Fergie is to blame for Man Utd not getting a major trophy this season with his lousy cheap skate signings like Owen, while Inter were bringing in world class talent like Sneijder Etoo Milito Lucio Motta etc, thats why Inter are on the verge of the treble while Man Utd had to make do with the Mickey Mouse Cup. Chelsea dropped alot of points during the first half of the season while Ancelotti was figuring what tactics he wanted to use, Man Utd would of won the league easily if we had Sneijder and Milito in the squad. If Fergie's idea of the long term replacement for Scholes is Gibson then I am afraid I have to question his judgement.

If you think that we have divine right to win major trophy every ******* season then you are deluded mate... The same Barca prior to last season finished third behind Villareal. From the last 18 years Manchester united model is the most successful one. I feel for many senior Mancs who waited 26 years to see us winning league, but now we have so many spoilt brats who thinks not winning a league for one year after winning 3 times in a row is crisis. Millions like you thinks they know better than SAF, but only to realize that they know **** all. David silva? Have you ever seen him play? He does 0 defensive duties and i highly doubt he will play well here, He never gets the amount of time he gets in La liga. If SAF says gibson is our future i will gladly accept that instead of pointing fingers at him. One last time, Without him we would have been a mid table team finding small joys in reaching cup finals and fighting for European spots. He brought the winning mentality and of all people he knows whats good for us. He never played a season with the idea of not winning and never will.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

And add to that David silva had same or less assists than Valencia and Nani. I think goals too.

hahahhaha, you told them XD
and he kissed man utd emblem ^^..
and yea... dont ever question SAF :D

Exactly. Signing of the season to be honest......man utd unbeaten and above man city and chelsea, eat you words all you doubters, and by the way smalling looks a very good buy,

Maybe the fact that other teams (not including Arsenal) have to spend millions to make it anywhere near the top of the league and still fall behind us tells you the following..........

EAT YOU ****** WORDS!!!

Exactly. Signing of the season to be honest......man utd unbeaten and above man city and chelsea, eat you words all you doubters, and by the way smalling looks a very good buy,

Maybe the fact that other teams (not including Arsenal) have to spend millions to make it anywhere near the top of the league and still fall behind us tells you the following..........

EAT YOU ****** WORDS!!!
er i'd like to refer to you earlier post
It is annoying to see Fergie wasting money on average players that no-one has heard of, I mean he spent 18 million on Hernandez and Smalling, who the **** are they? We could of put that money towards a top calibre player like David Silva instead of more no mark players that will spend 3 years swanning around the reserves and then get sold off to stoke or hull.

you should be eating your words too

edit i eat my words, becaause you did a terrible job of quotiing

Last edited:

EAT YOU ****** WORDS!!!

Signing of the season? VDV is in my eyes.

As for your other paragraph... yeah you're right, we spend money, while all of United's players come from their academy. <)

er i'd like to refer to you earlier post

you should be eating your words too

edit i eat my words, becaause you did a terrible job of quotiing

Haha yeah sorry mate i made a bit of a shoddy job of quoting.

as for signing of the season and this is referring to the other post i edit my words, i think hernandez should be considered as signing of the season definitely up there with van der vaat, i agree VDV has been excellent.

Back