Man Utd v West Brom

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 10K
Think about it. Every time it's been bad luck.

vs Fulham - we missed a late penalty and then they scored last minute.
vs Everton - 2 goals in injury time (could blame lack on concentration, but not confidence)
vs Liverpool - A penalty and a free kick that managed to get through a tiny gap in the wall.
vs West Brom - An own goal and a very rare error from Van Der Sar.

It's not like we get carved open every time, most of the time it's always very bad luck for us.

Im afraid we will have to agree to dis-agree because ok i can understand maybe 1 game or even 2 you might get unlucky but its 5 draws now this season and you have conceded 11, for me thats not typical Utd form.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

if you didnt watch the came, how can you say it was about confidence at the back? the centrebacks actually looked very good today. evra did ok despite have virtually no cover second half. its no coincidence that we improved once rooney dropped if on the left wing

Hands up i didn't watch today but im talking about this season in general so far not just today.

You're right it's not typical United, but what you're saying is that there is something happening at the club when there quite obviously isn't.

I've just showed that each time it was just bad luck. It's not typical United, but we've proved that it's not something within the club as it's all been bad luck.

Last year we had really bad luck with injuries in defence when we had literally 1 fit defender available. Now we've got most of them back, but just don't seem to strike fear into teams like we used to. They prefer going down swinging, than just trying to keep us away for 90 minutes. Teams have realised they have more of a chance if the actually try and score, and this season that has been our undoing. But apart from the Sunderland and Bolton games, all the performances have been very good.

You're right it's not typical United, but what you're saying is that there is something happening at the club when there quite obviously isn't.

I've just showed that each time it was just bad luck. It's not typical United, but we've proved that it's not something within the club as it's all been bad luck.

Last year we had really bad luck with injuries in defence when we had literally 1 fit defender available. Now we've got most of them back, but just don't seem to strike fear into teams like we used to. They prefer going down swinging, than just trying to keep us away for 90 minutes. Teams have realised they have more of a chance if the actually try and score, and this season that has been our undoing. But apart from the Sunderland and Bolton games, all the performances have been very good.

Yer i agree your performances have been good but you arn't picking up the 3 points. Arsenal's performance against us was good but they lost and surely thats somthing worth pondering?

Yer i agree your performances have been good but you arn't picking up the 3 points. Arsenal's performance against us was good but they lost and surely thats somthing worth pondering?
i'd be worried if the performances werent good as well as the loss of points. but there peformance is there, now we just need to cut out the errors. and hope park/bebe are fit for wednesday

Arsenal always perform well, but they struggle to break stronger teams down which always catches them out come the end of the season. We aren't having any problems breaking teams down.

Our problem is Lady Luck seems to support Chelsea.

I think if the situation is the same come Christmas, then you can say there is a problem at the club. But until then, I'd say it was just a rough patch.

Arsenal always perform well, but they struggle to break stronger teams down which always catches them out come the end of the season. We aren't having any problems breaking teams down.

Our problem is Lady Luck seems to support Chelsea.

I think if the situation is the same come Christmas, then you can say there is a problem at the club. But until then, I'd say it was just a rough patch.

I don't understand what you mean by ''lady luck''

"Lady Luck" is a term people use for when luck is on someone's side.

Lady Luck isn't on Manchester United's side at the moment, so she must be a Chelsea fan.

"Lady Luck" is a term people use for when luck is on someone's side.

Lady Luck isn't on Manchester United's side at the moment, so she must be a Chelsea fan.

Thought it was that, we haven't been lucky to be fair we have just been ruthless like we were towards the end of last season. I don't know many teams who would get a draw but should have been a win away at Villa without your 2 top scorers last season.

Thought it was that, we haven't been lucky to be fair we have just been ruthless like we were towards the end of last season. I don't know many teams who would get a draw but should have been a win away at Villa without your 2 top scorers last season.

No you're not getting what I'm saying.

I'm saying that we have had no luck this season, which means Lady Luck hasn't been with Man Utd, making her a Chelsea fan.

It was a joke, that obviously wasn't as good as I thought it was in my head.

No you're not getting what I'm saying.

I'm saying that we have had no luck this season, which means Lady Luck hasn't been with Man Utd, making her a Chelsea fan.

It was a joke, that obviously wasn't as good as I thought it was in my head.

Nah its my bad haha, i read it the wrong way. i get what you mean mate its all good.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Absolutely loved Robby Di Matteo's smug smile at the final whistle. Chelsea legend helping us out again good stuff. Awful mistake from VDS but just before that goal i didn't see who but somone gave the ball away on the edge of the box and it led to the goal. Huge mistakes and un Utd like. And please i want to hear from Sir Alex, Phelen does my nut in lol.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

I absolutely respect Fergie for leaving Rooney out though, he is not on form and shouldn't start and it just goes to show how weak Capello is comparred to Fergie. Im a huge Chelsea fan but absolutely think that this man is the best manager to grace this earth.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

And for the record Mike Phelen said their are problems and we need to sort them out.

Back