Man Utd v West Brom

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 10K
Not a shame for me, it makes it more exciting League. The gap in shortening between the smaller clubs and bigger clubs in terms of quality. Di Matteo is the man at the moment, certainly proving himself to be no mug in the management business.

I'm just saying it to be nice, Scott said he'd go mad at me otherwise. I really think this result is hilarious, I'm just being careful what I say seeing as we are yet to play.

Di Matteo certainly is, seems to be getting it right and I think WBA will be alright this season.

Another unfortunate thing from United's point of view, is that Rooney doesn't look like scoring 30+ goals this season, and I can't see anyone else doing that for you.

I would say that Vidic seems relatively solid. It's his partners which have been letting him down recently. Ferdinand now is fresh back from injury, so he might take a while to pick up, and until recently, Evans, who turned out to be a liability on a couple of occasions.

With Nani pushed out on the right, in Valencia's absence, and his natural position, you are now lacking left-sided players, especially with Giggs out injured after today's events.

Being 7 points behind Chelsea (provided they won today) is not a good position to be in, regardless of a slow start though.
Why do you care for United so much?

Fair enough if Rio has looked solid. I haven't really watched him, but I assumed he had a shaky return, having been out for such a long period.

Where are your defensive problems coming from then? Vidic has been good, from what I've seen and heard. Not enough cover in midfield?

I also can't see Berbatov hitting 25 goals really. He'll have a day where he'll score 2-3, and then it'll be a couple of weeks before he scores again. He's not a consistent goal scorer.

Don't get me wrong, he'll chip in with assists and link-up play in between. I still miss Dimitar, but he is a *******.

I expected Rio to be shaky, but he has been pretty good. TBF this was our worst defensive display since he has been back. as he played in the 2 champs league games and the sunderland game. all clean sheets. today VDS made a horrendous error, worse then the rob green one at the world cup. and it was a poor wall at a free kick which didnt help.

Today was the first home game in which berba hasnt scored, i think he has 7 already this year.

Another unfortunate thing from United's point of view, is that Rooney doesn't look like scoring 30+ goals this season, and I can't see anyone else doing that for you.

I would say that Vidic seems relatively solid. It's his partners which have been letting him down recently. Ferdinand now is fresh back from injury, so he might take a while to pick up, and until recently, Evans, who turned out to be a liability on a couple of occasions.

With Nani pushed out on the right, in Valencia's absence, and his natural position, you are now lacking left-sided players, especially with Giggs out injured after today's events.

Being 7 points behind Chelsea (provided they won today) is not a good position to be in, regardless of a slow start though.
definitely agree on vidic, he has been left open by evans on more than one occaison in earlier games. Why park wasnt playing when we are short of wide players is truly baffling, especiall when park is very good at coming inside and allowing evra to get forwards, and tracks back incredibly well. rooney doenst need to hit 30 imo, i think berbatov will hit 20+. Agreed,' like i said before, we are leaving ourselves no room for error.

I expected Rio to be shaky, but he has been pretty good. TBF this was our worst defensive display since he has been back. as he played in the 2 champs league games and the sunderland game. all clean sheets. today VDS made a horrendous error, worse then the rob green one at the world cup. and it was a poor wall at a free kick which didnt help.

Today was the first home game in which berba hasnt scored, i think he has 7 already this year.
yeah dimi has 7 now, should have scored again today

Billy i think the way we are playing, ie much more aggressive on the attack, and more prone to losing the ball, requires a player like Hargreaves. Good as fletcher is, its not the same as having someone like him protecting the back four. But despite all that there are still too many avoidable errors being made

Billy i think the way we are playing, ie much more aggressive on the attack, and more prone to losing the ball, requires a player like Hargreaves. Good as fletcher is, its not the same as having someone like him protecting the back four

Fletcher is better then hargreaves in a 2 man midfield with scholes for that job tbh.
If fletcher played today, we probaly would of won.

Billy i think the way we are playing, ie much more aggressive on the attack, and more prone to losing the ball, requires a player like Hargreaves. Good as fletcher is, its not the same as having someone like him protecting the back four

You've managed without Hargreaves the past few season's, it would be silly to question Fletcher now.

1) Ferdinand and Vidic were faultless today.
2) Gibson provides nothing to the team, despite not misplacing passes. He was non-existent today
3) Valencia is a massive loss to us
4) We have a stronger squad than last season

I was particularly disappointed with evra and rafael today, any one else?

You've just doubted Fletcher in a conversation that Scott is involved in. You are screwedddddd. ;)

Careful what you say Scott or infractions will be given.

You've managed without Hargreaves the past few season's, it would be silly to question Fletcher now.
not questioning fletcher at all. hes one of our best players. i just think hargreaves is/was suited to a more aggressive game

Fletcher pwns.

Unlucky United, just think your players need to concentrate more and make less fails. From what I heard, VDS' blunder was terrible.

Well played West Brom, definately the surprises so far.

You've just doubted Fletcher in a conversation that Scott is involved in. You are screwedddddd. ;)

Careful what you say Scott or infractions will be given.

it will be worth it.

We dont have another player like fletcher at the club, his energy, his drive, he can score goals, he can tackle and he clearly loves the club. a pefect player

2) Gibson provides nothing to the team, despite not misplacing passes. He was non-existent today

stronger squad? which explains all the draws?

1. Fair enough. As I said, I didn't watch the game so I'll take your word for it.
2. Again, I take your word for it. Though I've heard plenty of good things in the past about Gibson being far better than Carrick.
3. Nani has been good on the right for you this season. Though with him playing there, you then miss his creativity on the left. With Giggs missing now, though not sure how long for, you're even shorter on left-sided players.
4. Depends on how you define 'stronger'. Yes, you signed Hernandez, but your top goalscorer hasn't scored in open-play at all yet. Seems like a trade-off really.

Fletcher is a box to box mid fielder who likes to make those late runs into the box whereas Hargo is a pure DM who protects the back 4. The only player who sits deep and protects the defense is Carrick.

Many thinks Fletcher is a DM, but he is not. I have never seen him play the anchor man role except for the last few mins against Sunderland.

we've got a stronger squad, but due to injuries, poor form and stupid individual errors we are dropping points. We haven't lost anyone so you cannot argue that the squad is weaker

it will be worth it.

We dont have another player like fletcher at the club, his energy, his drive, he can score goals, he can tackle and he clearly loves the club. a pefect player
not a perfect player but pretty **** close. hargreaves offers you a better defensive shield, though isnt as good offensive as fletcher. the way anderson giggs nani and evra down the left we breaking forwards, today would have been the perfect kind of game for him.

Back