Man Utd v West Brom

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 189
  • Views Views 10K
not a perfect player but pretty **** close. hargreaves offers you a better defensive shield, though isnt as good offensive as fletcher. the way anderson giggs nani and evra down the left we breaking forwards, today would have been the perfect kind of game for him.

When we switched to 4-3-3 though, all out CMs stayed too deep, very little support came from them to berba, So we needed a fletcher to bomb and help them.

When we switched to 4-3-3 though, all out CMs stayed too deep, very little support came from them to berba, So we needed a fletcher to bomb and help them.
to be honest didnt expect that, i was very suprised ando stayed so deep, him and gibson are perfectly capable of getting forwards

Last edited:
we've got a stronger squad, but due to injuries, poor form and stupid individual errors we are dropping points. We haven't lost anyone so you cannot argue that the squad is weaker

Well, you lost Ronaldo two seasons ago and it looks as though you've lost the Rooney that you had last season. I'm sure one would hope that Fergie will be able to re-ignite Rooney to what he was.

to be honest didnt expect that, i was very suprised ando stayed so deep, him and gibson are perfectly capable of getting forwards

i know it was wierd, but fletcher is better then all our CMS at breaking forward into that role. We needed him for then any other CM today. and we needed park on the left.

i know it was wierd, but fletcher is better then all our CMS at breaking forward into that role. We needed him for then any other CM today. and we needed park on the left.
cant understand why park was left out, not hearing anything about an injury.

apparently giggs injury doesnt look too good, and Bebe was supposed to be on the bench today but picked up a knock and was left out.

for people who haven't seen VDS blunder here's a pic

Man-Utd-v-West-Brom-Edwin-van-der-Sar-fumble_2515828.jpg

This is not to annoy the Utd fans just to show people if if they haven't seen it. I Cant talk about goalie blunders being a arsenal fan

cant understand why park was left out, not hearing anything about an injury.

apparently giggs injury doesnt look too good, and Bebe was supposed to be on the bench today but picked up a knock and was left out.

Park had been doubtful so it isn't a real shock he didn't play.

Arghh so ****** off the game, feels like I am just wasting my money everysingle week. For the first time I am actually not looking forward to going to games. Fergie needs to sort this out.

It seems like i have said this nearly every week and i keep getting slamed for it. Their is a obvious problem that runs deeper at the club at the moment and if you don't agree then you are delueded. They seem to have no confidence at the moment and Fergie needs to get this right quick other wise dare i say it Utd might end up finishing 4th or even lower. Yes ok people say Utd play better towards the end of the season but they haven't looked this poor in games before, this is new and needs fixing from a Utd fans point of view asap.

It seems like i have said this nearly every week and i keep getting slamed for it. Their is a obvious problem that runs deeper at the club at the moment and if you don't agree then you are delueded. They seem to have no confidence at the moment and Fergie needs to get this right quick other wise dare i say it Utd might end up finishing 4th or even lower. Yes ok people say Utd play better towards the end of the season but they haven't looked this poor in games before, this is new and needs fixing from a Utd fans point of view asap.

Just out of interest did you watch the game at any point today?

We didn't look poor CJACKO. It was the change of formation which left the side unbalanced. We absolutely battered them first half with the 4-4-2, but when Giggs went off injured, and we had no spare winger we had to put our Poacher out wide and sit deep with 3 central midfielders. Even then it was an own goal and a massive (RARE) blunder from Van Der Sar that cost us, not defensive mistakes or getting carved open.

Don't forget Berbatov missed a sitter, Nani had a chance but wasted it and Rooney had a shot cleared off the line. It's not as if we were poor and were lucky to get a point, we were just very unlucky on the day.

Just out of interest did you watch the game at any point today?

We didn't look poor CJACKO. It was the change of formation which left the side unbalanced. We absolutely battered them first half with the 4-4-2, but when Giggs went off injured, and we had no spare winger we had to put our Poacher out wide and sit deep with 3 central midfielders. Even then it was an own goal and a massive (RARE) blunder from Van Der Sar that cost us, not defensive mistakes or getting carved open.

Don't forget Berbatov missed a sitter, Nani had a chance but wasted it and Rooney had a shot cleared off the line. It's not as if we were poor and were lucky to get a point, we were just very unlucky on the day.

im just going by the season in general, Utd are throwing away leads that they don't usally do thats all im pointing out and that tells me somthing is wrong.

I wouldn't say something is wrong, I'd say that teams aren't afraid to come at us now. When someone like West Brom see us not getting points when teams come at us, it makes everyone else come at us looking for goals.

Next week, I'm not sure who we have but whoever it is I will put money on them coming at us and going for the kill. We just haven't managed to adapt to deal with it.

“From our first-half performance, which was outstanding, the criticism is that we didn’t finish them off. Where it should have been 5-0 at half-time, we’ve gone in 2-0 up. That is an area we have to be concerned about." by SAF thats the only problem

im just going by the season in general, Utd are throwing away leads that they don't usally do thats all im pointing out and that tells me somthing is wrong.
so you didnt watch the game.... there is no "crisis". what there is, is a lack of concentration that is costing us goals. and DMF summed up what went wrong today. thats why you get battered every time you say it. if you actually watch us going forwards confidence isnt a problem

so you didnt watch the game.... there is no "crisis". what there is, is a lack of concentration that is costing us goals. and DMF summed up what went wrong today. thats why you get battered every time you say it. if you actually watch us going forwards confidence isnt a problem

Confedence at the back, if a team cant hold on to a lead on one ocassion then it might go un-noticed but whats this now you have dropped 6 points from winning positions this season already this isen't the Utd we all know. Its only the 2nd time in PL history that Utd have thrown away 2 goal lead at OT and not won. At the end of the day with the players you have you expect Utd to have most of the ball, score goals etc but thats what im saying your getting all this but still struggling to keep that lead.

I dont think you can blame in on confidence, I just think that it's insanely bad luck, hopefully we'll sort it out and get on with the season, still unbeaten, we just can't afford to draw many more games and need to get a real streak going.

I dont think you can blame in on confidence, I just think that it's insanely bad luck, hopefully we'll sort it out and get on with the season, still unbeaten, we just can't afford to draw many more games and need to get a real streak going.

You can't blaime all the dropped points on just ''bad luck'' yes you are unbeaten and i will quite happy if you go all season unbeaten just aslong as most of them are draws like they are at the moment.

Confedence at the back, if a team cant hold on to a lead on one ocassion then it might go un-noticed but whats this now you have dropped 6 points from winning positions this season already this isen't the Utd we all know. Its only the 2nd time in PL history that Utd have thrown away 2 goal lead at OT and not won. At the end of the day with the players you have you expect Utd to have most of the ball, score goals etc but thats what im saying your getting all this but still struggling to keep that lead.

Think about it. Every time it's been bad luck.

vs Fulham - we missed a late penalty and then they scored last minute.
vs Everton - 2 goals in injury time (could blame lack on concentration, but not confidence)
vs Liverpool - A penalty and a free kick that managed to get through a tiny gap in the wall.
vs West Brom - An own goal and a very rare error from Van Der Sar.

It's not like we get carved open every time, most of the time it's always very bad luck for us.

if you didnt watch the came, how can you say it was about confidence at the back? the centrebacks actually looked very good today. evra did ok despite have virtually no cover second half. its no coincidence that we improved once rooney dropped if on the left wing

Back