olliewebb

Reaction score
Ok, so this is a series I have been wanting to do for some time now. Many of you would have played FIFA and the ‘be a player’ mode and I have always loved this and thsu I have decided to create one of these in Football Manager.

What will happen is you will control your player (everyone will have the same starting abilities and potential ablilty) and you will be able to choose a starting club and country as well as being able to choose loan options. As the careers go on, you can orchestrate transfers and the likes to help boost your player’s career.

The purpose of this experiment will be to see who knows how to develop youth best and who can create the most successful player.

I am looking for 9 volunteers to join in so if you are interested tell me and design your player (name, age will be 15, position and nation). I will try and make this a competition by adding a point system and there will be breaks every transfer window (which could get difficult if you decide to go to the Americas).

Yeah I'm game.

Rob Henry
27 November
AMC naturally, also MC and ST
English

Disliked teams Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Brom
Squad #18

:)

EDIT: I'll start at Wolves please!

Last edited:
Why not?

Niccolò Violin
24/04
Rigth back and left back
Italian
If I can already say the team I'm gonna choose Atalanta
Happy to go out on loan

Last edited:
ill have a go

Adi Robinson
03/12
right back/dmc
Rep of Ireland
disliked teams Sheffield Wednesday spurs Manchester united
I would love to be at Sheffield united

Liam Sadd
07/08
ST
Scotland
Start at aberdeen please

Last edited:
Brane Ormso
2nd Dec
Striker
English
Fav team Newcastle
disliked team Sunderland
If can start at club why not start at Newcastle and look to go out on loan

Hulk Hogan
19th September
Right back / right wing back
italian
fav team AC Milan
Dislike Inter
Starting team Ajax

If there is any chance of a 10th player

Matt Dale
25/02
Striker
English

Edit - Lincoln City please

Last edited:
not sure if 11th player and i could be off
Kian Dertly
4/09
Striker
English/America

Ok, looks like lots of people are interested. Ignore what I said about the player cap, if anyone wants to join they can however I will be starting the sim about this time tomorrow so if you haven’t entered by then it’ll have shut.

As well as this, it would be great if you could all choose a starting club if you haven't already, it can be any club and also can you choose whether to go on loan or not, thanks.

Last edited:
Max Maestro
13/12
CM /CAM
Australian

EDIT: Can I start at Genk in Belgium please and happy to be loan listed

Last edited:
Sounds like a slightly different way to play these BaP games.

Eduardo Ciric
30/06
AML / ST
Bulgarian.

Can I start at FC Midtjylland and I'm happy to go out on loan.

Ok, so good news, I have put all of your players in the database and am ready to set off tomorrow. The first couple of seasons will have recaps every season as many of you will want to just sit in the academies of your club and develop. I have set all of the current abilities to around 55 and the potential abilities to 180 so the only options to get playing time early on are at very low leagues.

Anyway my player is as followed:

Josef Dos Santos, Spanish/Cuban, Striker, Plays for Celtic however I will loan him out to a lower leagues side in England to hopefully get him some game time and goals (I’m all for players developing through matches).

Some of your players are currently free agents as you haven’t chosen a club, if you don’t choose one by tomorrow I will just let the game decide what happens to your player. As well as this, if you want to go out on loan choose a league or team to go to and I will make it happen within reason (remember all your players start at 15 so no leagues that require professional contracts until next season).

Last edited:
really looking forward to see how this goes

Rick Oerlemans
19/03
ST
The Netherlands
start at Heracles Almelo