Manchester City complete signing of James Milner

Why do all you City fans think that?

Ireland is valued at about £9M-£11M, something like that. Milner is about £18M, so it is quite clear who is getting the better deal. Ireland will mould nicely into Villa's current setup. Milner, however, is another question.

Valued by whom? Personally I like Ireland, but as an attacking central midfielder, City dont really use players in that position under Mancini which is why he has hardly played. Where as Milner is a wide player who I believe will play on the right going on the formation that City used against Spurs on saturday but with Milner instead of SWP. I think its a good signing personally.

Valued by whom? Personally I like Ireland, but as an attacking central midfielder, City dont really use players in that position under Mancini which is why he has hardly played. Where as Milner is a wide player who I believe will play on the right going on the formation that City used against Spurs on saturday but with Milner instead of SWP. I think its a good signing personally.

Well, a player of Ireland's calibre, as you say, is going to be valued around £10M. I think that is generally accepted.

I cant believe some people think he is ruining his career. Milner will be playing most of the games this season and will be the driving force in midfield. I think he will play a Gerrard role bursting forward and making runs in and around the box. I bet he get double figures for goals and assists.

Villa wont get the champions league, the attack you posted Sunlivk is class, dont get me wrong, but if young or downing gets injured, theyre done.
i disagree albright looks good and i think he will make an impact this season.

Chris we think it, because all our signings (with the exception of david silva) thus far have been criticised, even though they are all really good players, no one wants city to do well. Jealousy is a large factor.

All the best, Ireland is better then Milner so City got owned lol.

Chris we think it, because all our signings (with the exception of david silva) thus far have been criticised, even though they are all really good players, no one wants city to do well. Jealousy is a large factor.

Joe, I completely agree that sometimes Man City is unfairly criticised, and I for one, am not at all jealous. I also agree that Milner, Silva, Kolarov etc. are all brilliant individual players. However, I am interested and sceptical of their ability to work as a team. This season is obviously critical for you and I think it could go either way.

If it means anything, I wish you all the best for the up and coming season. :)

no one wants city to do well because they think they are trying to buy the league. but lets be honest, would we not all like our team to be taken over by a billionaire? sometimes i think people need to think before they slag off city. IMO given the money, most teams would splash it around would they not? i think its great for the loyal city fans that have supported their team through thick and thin, and they deserve a chance to be a big team.

I wonder what the reaction will be if Villa gets the last champions league spot against man city on the last day of the league on Ireland's goal. Lol.

Anyway, I agree that Villa got the better deal. Imo, city players need like the entire season to gel and they should downsize their ego's for the greater good but we cant deny they've got talent. It will be interesting how it unfolds for both clubs.

It's difficult to say who got the better end of this deal. As money is no object for City we won't look at that. Milner has been converted from a wide player to a more central attacking player, which I feel is a wise choice given his lack of explosive pace, and as Ireland plays there too direct comparisons are much more appropriate. On raw talent, the Man City coaching staff said Ireland was one of the best in the entire squad, so for Villa to get him for nothing as well as a £16m to re-invest in their squad that's not bad going. However, City have picked up Milner just as he's about to enter his prime, and with the right blend of playing time and management I imagine he'll have a good City career. Overall though, I'd say Villa get the better side.

On a slightly related note, I feel for Nigel De Jong. Good player, very versatile - even knows martial arts (as he proved against Spain). No sympathy for Barry though. Hope he's shipped out on loan then sold for £5m.

Another waste of talent, Real Madrid eat your hearts out. It's unbelievable how many people really believe Shity are going to win something this season, everytime i hear ' Shity, win and title' in the same sentence i literally pmsl XD

Good luck getting your new squad to gel you over-rated, Mourinho wannabe lol.

Its 8 million plus Ireland not 18 million.

Wrong. Firstly, why would Villa accept that when they turned now a £20m cash bid? Secondly, it's been reported by most news outlets as £18m + Ireland. As for Milner, I thought he had the sense to reject a move, but it seems not. I don't see how anyone would want to sign for City. Yes he might get a starting spot this year, but he'll be a sub next season if they spend another £150m next year. I thought he was the type of player that cared more for playing and representing his country than money.

Last edited:
good for milner, villa seeming look to be going nowhere, and this move will force him to step up his game, whcih can only be good for the england team, and he'll be playing alongside some top class names. definitely capable of staying the side alongside balotelli and silva

Milner is so overrated... I'd probably have Ireland rather than Milner, so to spend all that money as well as Ireland just for Milner? No way.