Manchester City complete signing of James Milner

I'd take Ireland over Milner at Liverpool so I think Villa have got a great deal out of this..

Villa, much better side of the deal, he is so over-rated. I think he is a good player, no doubt about it but 24m you're having me on.. He's worth about 14m, about what we bought him for, much rather have Albrighton, Young and Downing and then a proper central midfielder like Ireland.. Great deal for the Villans!

No doubt Villa will boo him when we go to Villa park, they will probably wave money at him like they did with Barry aswell, pathetic fans some of them are (not saying that all of them are). Waving money would make no sense though, as Ireland was the one asking for money, and we finished higher than Villa

No doubt Villa will boo him when we go to Villa park, they will probably wave money at him like they did with Barry aswell, pathetic fans some of them are (not saying that all of them are). Waving money would make no sense though, as Ireland was the one asking for money, and we finished higher than Villa

Barely finished higher and what's wrong with fans showing their feelings? When a starting player who has been at the club most of his life leaves for a smaller club, then I think fans have the right to be a little bit upset.

To be honest, it happened to Darius Vassell went to you, when you were **** and we all boo'd him and he only went for 2 million or so, and I have no problem with Milner.. If he wants to leave for money.. who wouldn't? But What I'm saying is, he didn't come out straight away and commit his future, he dragged it on and on and on and on, and I'm glad he's gone and welcome Stephen Ireland :D

Barely finished higher and what's wrong with fans showing their feelings? When a starting player who has been at the club most of his life leaves for a smaller club, then I think fans have the right to be a little bit upset.

thats just asking to start an argument...

Lol, also i doubt they'll boo. At V. Park on sat, they knew it was his last game and he got a standing ovation..besides he was never a **** over the transfer, just kept shtum until O'Neill started talking ****

I dont think that milner went for the money although im sure it helped a little, man city have lots of ambition and he gets the chance to train with and compete with some of the best players in the world, imo he is making a step in the right direction but i dont think villa fan will be bitter because they have ripped city off, ireland is a better player than milner imo.

Good deal for both really -- they're both good players and should do well at their new clubs. Only worry for Milner is that City's cut-throat approach (which is fine, 'if you've got flaunt it' as the saying goes) could see his ambitions last a solitary year should they qualify for the Champs League this term.

It would be nice if someone could point Mancini in the direction of Jenas before the transfer window shuts -- £10 million for our very own traffic cone would do very nicely ;)

Yes, I was talking about Barry.

Fair enough then, agree fans can vent their feelings, but to boo Milner, who hasn't really done anything wrong, would seem a bit odd, as he has done well for your club, but needed a move to a club that matched his ambition.

Fair enough then, agree fans can vent their feelings, but to boo Milner, who hasn't really done anything wrong, would seem a bit odd, as he has done well for your club, but needed a move to a club that matched his ambition.

I don't think it's a clever move at all. Yes they could end up winning titles, but he could either be on the bench or sold by the time that happens. If it doesn't happen this season, then there's another round of big spending and he could find his position under threat.

I don't think it's a clever move at all. Yes they could end up winning titles, but he could either be on the bench or sold by the time that happens. If it doesn't happen this season, then there's another round of big spending and he could find his position under threat.
you've made the assumption that there will be another round of spending next season, which given the sqaud as it looks, and the difficulty of shifting their players on high wages. seems somewhat unfounded

you've made the assumption that there will be another round of spending next season, which given the sqaud as it looks, and the difficulty of shifting their players on high wages. seems somewhat unfounded

The next two weeks and this January will be the last of the big spending for City due to the new European rules kicking in.

I, for one, won't be making a big song and dance about it all.
I'll admit as a Villa fan I used to think that Milner was basically saying "thanks for making me big, i'm off 'cause they've got more money than you" and it was a wet fish slapping us Villa fans in the face.
I decided that the West Ham game where he made his last appearance for us was going to be my final judgement. After watching him put in a great performance, one that should have gotten him a MOM award if only Albrighton hadn't played so well, I decided he'd earnt my respect.
He'd practically left the club and could have easily just made a half-arsed effort, but instead he went out their and made a point and I can only wish him nothing the very best.

Still, Villa got the deal. Milner is an impressive player, but Downing isn't that bad. Ireland is a young player, that fits in Villa's tactics and I am sure he can be capable of becoming the 08/09 season player, or maybe better.

But Barry did leave for money... Nobody has waved money at Milner so I don't understand how the fans can be considered pathetic, getting a big ahead of yourself there. Also Ireland had every right to ask for money money from Man City, he recently signed a new deal and has since been force out of the club being made to agree to a lower deal at Villa, meaning he will lose out on £2million, which is a **** of a lot of money, it wasn't his choice to leave, he loves City.

Hehe, reminds me of when Rafa called everton a small club. The reaction from the evertonions was priceless!!

From what I've seen the fans have been wishing Milner all the best. It'll be an interesting return.