Manchester City to test financial fair play with naming rights deal

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 9K
Sorry...i didn't understand a word of that.

And btw...are you so smart that you know it's not fair value already? I think the club knows better. It's very irritating that you...1 United fan amongst the other 300million United fans comment on your rivals business like you know everything of it.

Just saying.

and do u think your so smart you know everything about what is the fair value etc.

Don't get personal mate

And btw...are you so smart that you know it's not fair value already? I think the club knows better. It's very irritating that you...1 United fan amongst the other 300million United fans comment on your rivals business like you know everything of it.

Just saying.

It's not hard to compare numbers with other brands. Considering you've over quadrupled Arsenal's deal who is a much more marketable company than you, it doesn't take a genius to know it's an inflated value. Plus other clubs have already said they're going to pressure UEFA on it, and every major journalism outlet have said similar things.

Just saying.

If you actually knew anything about your own club and city, you'd know this is pretty common knowledge.

Fair value: its more than twice as high as the current record deal, by a club far less marketable, by a company with very close ties the owner. Hence why it will be looked and and couls easily fail

The Eithad Campus will form part of the Sportcity Venture. A retail and commercial area that can bring in revenue. That kind of approach is allowed to have money heavily invested in it without penalty

If you actually did some reading and less time being a bitter troll you'd know this

Just saying

Last edited:
Can you establish why it could be fair value?

There is no hope in **** it will be deemed fair.

The main problem is if UEFA will actually do something about it... I am pretty confident this is not the fair value but its hardly like we are in-charge of taking action, now its time to see if Platini and co. are serious about the FFP

The main problem is if UEFA will actually do something about it... I am pretty confident this is not the fair value but its hardly like we are in-charge of taking action, now its time to see if Platini and co. are serious about the FFP

Actually if the clubs are following the rule, and deem another club isnt and that UEFA isnt enforcing the rules, they have recourse to pressure UEFA into action. There is a link on the first page to a pdf, worth a read, also has some interesting stuff about chelseas january spending

Some more numbers: Real Madrid extends bwin shirt sponsorship

So, if the shirt sponsorship deal is £20m like Sunil said, then I'd love an explanation on how a club that only just qualified for the CL is worth millions more in marketing than THE most marketable brand in football?

Actually if the clubs are following the rule, and deem another club isnt and that UEFA isnt enforcing the rules, they have recourse to pressure UEFA into action. There is a link on the first page to a pdf, worth a read, also has some interesting stuff about chelseas january spending

oh ok, I will go take a read... hopefully Chelsea start to bring out some of their plans to comply with the FFP too, I sincerely believe we are in a much better position to do so than Man City currently so I am not that worried right now but still knowing our future plans would be a further reassurance

what actually happens if someone fails these rules

If they think it's an unfair sponsorship deal they just knock the excess off the deal when they calculate your losses. If you fail to cut losses to the required amount by the deadline date than the max. punishment is suspension from European competition.

what actually happens if someone fails these rules

SANCTIONS
The Club Financial Control Panel will conduct club audits to ensure that the system is applied correctly. If the Panel believes that the FFPRs have not been fulfilled, it can refer the case to the UEFA Organs for Administration of Justice with the ultimate sanction being a ban from UEFA competitions. The UEFA Disciplinary Regulations provide for a whole host of possible sanctions including a reprimand, a fine, disqualification from competitions in progress and/or exclusion from future competitions or withdrawal of a licence.
UEFA's general secretary, Gianni Infantino, has recently stated:
There may be intermediate measures. We would have to ask why, maybe there would be a warning, but we would bar clubs in breach of the rules from playing in the Champions League or the Europa League. Otherwise, we lose all credibility.
It should be borne in mind that Real Mallorca were refused entry into the 2010-11 season’s Europa League because they failed to meet the UEFA Club Licensing entry criteria. Such an instance does illustrate the powers UEFA has to refuse a club license application. When the FFPRs are added to the license criteria in time for the 2013-14 season, the rules will be stricter than those that applied to Real Mallorca. A future high profile UEFA refusal of a club license application should not however be ruled out.

oh ok, I will go take a read... hopefully Chelsea start to bring out some of their plans to comply with the FFP too, I sincerely believe we are in a much better position to do so than Man City currently so I am not that worried right now but still knowing our future plans would be a further reassurance

Roman hasn't resorted to getting one of his companies to bring out a £400m sponsorship deal so I guess he's feeling more confident. :P You're lucky in the fact that you've had 5 extra years to do your spending, cut costs and raise revenue.

If you actually knew anything about your own club and city, you'd know this is pretty common to knowledge.

Fair value: its more than twice as high as the current record deal, by a club far less marketable, by a company with very close ties the owner.

The Eithad Campus will form part of the Sportcity Venture.

If you actually did some reading and less time being a bitter troll you'd know this

Just saying

Your every post of City is pretty much this...

"City are ******".

Just look at the first page. You said for example...that Cook might have ****** City financially. Which is not true. "the first thing City have to do is cut the wage bill".....

Fair value: You can judge it on other deals but there has to be always someone who lifts it to another level. As said...Citys naming rights include other things aswell and thats new.

And do you think UEFA have a rule like...."you dont have history and you are **** so you are not allowed to have sponsorship deals as big as other big club.".....i dont think so.

And you suggest that City are just testing the FFP...how do you know that? They haven't even given any official details.

Cook said that they have been much in contact with UEFA over their plans so i doubt they are trying to fool them. Should City be banned from sealing sponsorships?

Last edited:
Roman hasn't resorted to getting one of his companies to bring out a £400m sponsorship deal so I guess he's feeling more confident. :P You're lucky in the fact that you've had 5 extra years to do your spending, cut costs and raise revenue.

aye we have... we have splurged on improving our academy and results have been really positive with 3 FA Youth Cup Semi-Finals and a FA Youth Cup win in the last 4 years... plus we have got some good young talent coming through so Chelsea fans are less likely to see more expensive transfers and more on focusing to developing our own players from now plus the added fact that we have qualified for the CL for the last 6-7 years and that we are a steadily growing brand means that we are certainly more stable financially

Still we are not cutting the mustard just yet and I really hope that this ultrasecret plan Roman has been working on with the Chelsea Board is a good one

"City are ******".

Just look at the first page. You said for example...that Cook might have ****** City financially. Which is not true. "the first thing City have to do is cut the wage bill".....

Fair value: You can judge it on other deals but there has to be always someone who lifts it to another level. As said...Citys naming rights include other things aswell and thats new.

And do you think UEFA have a rule like...."you dont have history and you are **** so you are not allowed to have sponsorship deals as big as other big club.".....i dont think so.

Amnd you suggest that City are just testing the FFP...how do you know that? They haven't even given any official details.

The difference between me and you is that i dont say in some bitter aim to get one over my rival, Cook did basically **** City with his short term high wage shotgun approach to the market, now City are finding it very difficult to shift these players.

Your last 3 sentences tell you have not read the rules or what i have said. nothing to with history, its basic economics. You are getting double what the most marketable club (real madrid) has just negotiated, and you are a much less marketable brand. thats a fact. Straight away that tells you thats not fair market value. "llifting the level" doesnt come into it

city are essentially ******, you wages are 107% of your revenue, you lost 121m last year and are set to lose even more this year.

Can City pass the FFPR? Yes they have a chance.

But is it going to be incredibly difficult to so? Yes

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

aye we have... we have splurged on improving our academy and results have been really positive with 3 FA Youth Cup Semi-Finals and a FA Youth Cup win in the last 4 years... plus we have got some good young talent coming through so Chelsea fans are less likely to see more expensive transfers and more on focusing to developing our own players from now plus the added fact that we have qualified for the CL for the last 6-7 years and that we are a steadily growing brand means that we are certainly more stable financially

Still we are not cutting the mustard just yet and I really hope that this ultrasecret plan Roman has been working on with the Chelsea Board is a good one

Chelse started doing the trimming two years back, i think they will manage it, just

Last edited:

"City are ******".

And you suggest that City are just testing the FFP...how do you know that? They haven't even given any official details.

Cook said that they have been much in contact with UEFA over their plans so i doubt they are trying to fool them. Should City be banned from sealing sponsorships?

not exactly about history, its pure common sense that Real Madrid is the most marketable brand in the world of football, much much bigger than City and all Joel was doing was making a comparison with them which is sensible

I don't really get your point of lifting it on another level tbh, should all clubs start looking for 400m sponsorship deals now that City have lifted it to another level through an affliated company?

And its very obvious that City have to cut their wage bill however how much progress have they made really?

Emmanuel Adebayor refuses to move to any club other than Madrid who are unwilling to meet the 15m price tag City have slapped on him

Bellamy refuses to take a wage cut as according to him he has to support 13 kids who train in his academy in Sierra Leone

There has not been much interest in Wayne Bridge and since you just bought another LB, selling him is top priority

Again there has not been much interest in Tevez who will just continue to be a nusiance at your club unfortunately

Stuart Taylor along with Shay Given are the two players who will be easiest to offload according to me

On my phone atm so can't post the guys article but Honigstein RTed it on Twitter. 300 mill just for the stadium rights for 10 years is what I am reading. Edit: Whoops jumped in mid debate I thought it was still on page 10. I think UEFA will clarify naming rights and whether that can be put into the FFP balance or essentially nul and void it from the figures that clubs are judged on to comply with FFP.

Last edited:
Joe for the record, not wailing on City because its City ,but becuase they are actually gonna struggle.

The difference between me and you is that i dont say in some bitter aim to get one over my rival, Cook did basically **** City with his short term high wage shotgun approach to the market, now City are finding it very difficult to shift these players.

Youo last 3 sentences tell you have not read the rules or what i have said. nothing to with history, its basic economics

city are essentially ******, you wages are 107% of your revenue, you lost 121m last year and are set to lose even more this year.

Can City pass the FFPR? Yes they have a chance.

But is it going to be incredibly difficult to so? Yes

How has he ****** City? Yeah..it might be hard to shift some but their contracts will not last forever and they are signed a long time ago. So it wont count in the FFPR. (if i have understood correctly)

Do you think City are counting on their luck to pass on the FFP? Thats what you seem to think. But they have a plan. And this deal is just the beginning...City will no doubt continue to post losses for a while but they will certainly progress in the right direction.

And UEFA wont ban a club if they show they are progressing. Thats how i have understood it. (but i haven't read all about the rules because it's a complete waste of time IMO)

Back