Manchester City to test financial fair play with naming rights deal

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 9K
How has he ****** City? Yeah..it might be hard to shift some but their contracts will not last forever and they are signed a long time ago. So it wont count in thr FFPR. (if i have understood correctly)

Do you think City are counting on their luck to pass on the FFP? Thats what you seem to think. But they have a plan. And this deal is just the beginning...City will no doubt continue to post losses for a while but they will certainly progress in the right direction.

And UEFA wont ban a club if they show they are progressing. Thats how i have understood it. (but i haven't read all about the rules because it's a complete waste of time IMO)

Obviously City will be making more deals and have more plans in the offing.. I think what Mike was trying to say was that it will be very tough and it will be some more time until City can meet the standard required so luck will probably play a small part in this on whether City will or will not be sanctioned by UEFA on this deal

How has he ****** City? Yeah..it might be hard to shift some but their contracts will not last forever and they are signed a long time ago. So it wont count in thr FFPR. (if i have understood correctly)

Do you think City are counting on their luck to pass on the FFP? Thats what you seem to think. But they have a plan. And this deal is just the beginning...City will no doubt continue to post losses for a while but they will certainly progress in the right direction.

And UEFA wont ban a club if they show they are progressing. Thats how i have understood it. (but i haven't read all about the rules because it's a complete waste of time IMO)

Yes they are, the accounts start from the season coming up, if you have those players on the wage bill for the next two years, you will fail the FFPR, but you will not meet the break even results or even the acceptable deviation. You still have to show signs of progression. Trying sing more players on huge wages while failing to move others on is not a sign of progression.

They gambled in an attempt to get into CL, which was key to them having any chance. But they got that and they have a step in the right direction, but there is so much work to do.

Having a plan is no guarantee that you will pass. And this deal a) wont save you and b) may yet be partially discounted anyway

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Obviously City will be making more deals and have more plans in the offing.. I think what Mike was trying to say was that it will be very tough and it will be some more time until City can meet the standard required so luck will probably play a small part in this on whether City will or will not be sanctioned by UEFA on this deal

Personally i hope the Sportcity venture succeeds becuase that part of manchester really needs the rejuvination, but things like shift the players requires a bit of luck, not every player is willing to take a massive cut on their wages

Yes they are, the accounts start from the season coming up, if you have those players on the wage bill for the next two years, you will fail the FFPR, but you will not meet the break even results or even the acceptable deviation. You still have to show signs of progression. Trying sing more players on huge wages while failing to move others on is not a sign of progression.

They gambled in an attempt to get into CL, which was key to them having any chance. But they got that and they have a step in the right direction, but there is so much work to do.

Having a plan is no guarantee that you will pass. And this deal a) wont save you and b) may yet be partially discounted anyway

Thats it.....after reading all that i wont even post here anymore...or even read. What a waste of time it is to talk about City with a United fan.

Your every post of City is pretty much this...

"City are ******".

Just look at the first page. You said for example...that Cook might have ****** City financially. Which is not true. "the first thing City have to do is cut the wage bill".....

Fair value: You can judge it on other deals but there has to be always someone who lifts it to another level. As said...Citys naming rights include other things aswell and thats new.

And do you think UEFA have a rule like...."you dont have history and you are **** so you are not allowed to have sponsorship deals as big as other big club.".....i dont think so.

And you suggest that City are just testing the FFP...how do you know that? They haven't even given any official details.

Cook said that they have been much in contact with UEFA over their plans so i doubt they are trying to fool them. Should City be banned from sealing sponsorships?

lols

When you (City) have a bigger sponsorship deal than Madrid (The most marketable team in football, arguably, possibly United[Also bigger than theirs]) it is obviously not just. City are not very marketable in countries such as Asia or South America and for them to have such a deal will undoubtedly get the thumbs down. I'm sure the FFP has rules within it to combat what City are doing, and if they do not change what they are doing, the CL is out of their reach. City will need some huge changes in the coming months.

Thats it.....after reading all that i wont even post here anymore...or even read. What a waste of time it is to talk about City with a United fan.

why? as usual, you assume becuase im a united fan im being biiter, just becuase thats how you do it.

Go do some research, read swiss ramble, read the pdf on here, read the articles, do some digging on city's figures, actually read the rules. all i've posted is based on that.

You dont like hearing what i have to say, and you discount it because im a united fan, your loss not mine.

you wont be missed either... I rather you argue with people with logic and proper evidence and when wrong accepting that your club is in a tough position like Joe has done .. running away by adding a stupid immature insult is really not going to win you too many brownie points

Could say the same about talking to a City fan about City apparently. Everyone here has gone off numbers, they're not having a go because you're City, because it's what the numbers say. All you've done is have a go at others, that your executives know better. Well just so you know, numbers don't lie, executives do.

It's quite simple economics as to why your sponsorship deal is stupid, yet all you've done is argue "are City not allowed to seal sponsorships." Of course they are, but they have to be fair sponsorships.

City are a club that have only just entered the CL, only just won their first trophy in 36 years, and have very little penetration in the European and Asian markets. Real Madrid are the highest grossing team in Spain, the most popular foreign brand in European markets. The Asian market is one that has already become saturated by City's rivals, and it takes decades to build the brand in Europe like other historic clubs have currently. That's why Madrid have such a high sponsorship, because they expose their sponsors to an awfully large market. City are in a considerably smaller market than Madrid and it will take probably the length of the sponsorship deal to build even close to Madrid's financial dominance. You can't make any sort of justification to this being market value. It's not like you inflated it past City's own market worth, you inflated it way past Madrid's.

And this isn't because I'm a United fan, it's just an analysis of given data and simple economics.

Mike and Joel you both have lot of free time. I knew this would end in this way. There is no way he is gonna defend with any logic or explain how they are working to pass FFP. All he does is we know we can and you lot are bitter.. Lol..

Jesus. Why are some Man City fans so dam abusive and can't accept facts when presented to them (note-I said some btw). The normal down to earth, realistic Man City fans are accepting it's going to be tough. Because they obviously have something that is clearly missing from some others - common sense. Get a grip and stop being so immature about the whole thing. If you can't accept it fine. Just make sure you're fully dismounted from your very high horse and stop insulting others when they present you with SIMPLE FACTS

Okay...one final post. You can argue that figures dont lie..etc...etc....and you will be right for now.

But im pretty sure that City will be completely fine...and i have not the slighest worry about it. And im being completely honest.

But isn't it still like 3 years till UEFA can ban a club from a european competition for the first time?

So it's no point to argue till after a few years....and thats why i will stop now. And after a few years later argue here with you....(Altought after 3 years i probably dont even remember what "FM base" is because i dont play fm anymore :D)

Mike and Joel you both have lot of free time. I knew this would end in this way. There is no way he is gonna defend with any logic or explain how they are working to pass FFP. All he does is we know we can and you lot are bitter.. Lol..

Its not just for him, I know Joe is concerned as he VM'd me 2 days ago, and a lot of my city friends are concerned, but still have a bit of optimism

Its not just for him, I know Joe is concerned as he VM'd me 2 days ago, and a lot of my city friends are concerned, but still have a bit of optimism

Yeah Mike, I know there are many City supporters who are concerned about this, I meant it was of no use to explain MadridistaCr7 about this. We have already tried few days back, exactly it went like this only..

It seems like i have to repeat...isn't it like 3 years till me or you could be proven wrong?

UEFA aren't going to ban a club in the next 3 years or so (i think)....so is there a reason to try to prove someone wrong now?

Why not wait those 3 years and then see who is right and wrong.

It seems like i have to repeat...isn't it like 3 years till me or you could be proven wrong?

UEFA aren't going to ban a club in the next 3 years or so (i think)....so is there a reason to try to prove someone wrong now?

Why not wait those 3 years and then see who is right and wrong.

because the work starts now, not in 3 years. This season coming counts

because the work starts now, not in 3 years.

Yeah...but i mean....UEFA aren't banning anyone anytime soon? Isn't it like 3 years or something like that till they even start to consider punishing clubs?

Yeah...but i mean....UEFA aren't banning anyone anytime soon? Isn't it like 3 years or something like that till they even start to consider punishing clubs?

but the season they start looking at is this one, its takes time to turn things around, chelsea started their changes two seasons ago, have less to do, and it still looks close for them. they can ban from 2013-14, but you can tell some time before then how likely a club is to actually make. City need to make changes now if they want to stand a chance

but the season they start looking at is this one, its takes time to turn things around, chelsea started their changes two seasons ago, have less to do, and it still looks close for them. they can ban from 2013-14, but you can tell some time before then how likely a club is to actually make. City need to make changes now if they want to stand a chance

So after 2 season there is the first possibility to be punished? And i dont agree with you that you can tell now who can make it.
You dont know other clubs plans and what they have in their sleeves. With this sponsorship deal + CL revenue etc...Citys revenue will be already up there with the big clubs already next season. Not with Real, Barca, Manu...but the others.

But it's no point for me to argue because the facts and numbers speak against City now. But will they after 1-2 years?...i dunno.

And i think City will be compeltely fine and i dont have the slighest worry. And im completely honest. But until i see City are punished. I can't be proven wrong. So it's no point to argue. Let's argue after a few years when clubs actually can get punished. It's a waste of time to argue till then.

End off. Have a nice day. ;)

So after 2 season there is the first possibility to be punished? And i dont agree with you that you can tell now who can make it.
You dont know other clubs plans and what they have in their sleeves.

But it's no point for me to argue because the facts and numbers speak against City now. But will they after 1-2 years?...i dunno.

And i think City will be compeltely fine and i dont have the slighest worry. And im completely honest. But until i see City are punished. I can't be proven wrong. So it's no point to argue. Let's argue after a few years when clubs actually can get punished. It's a waste of time to argue till then.

End off. Have a nice day. ;)

You can tell by the clubs quarterly figures, you cant suddenly just make money out of nowhere

You can tell by the clubs quarterly figures, you cant suddenly just make money out of nowhere

Next season with CL football + this sponsorship etc....Citys revenue will be as big as the other big clubs. Not in the same cathegory with United, Barca and Madrid but with the others.

And does this sponsorship deal count "out of nowhere" aswell? XD City are nowhere near their maximum revenue potential yet.

Next season with CL football + this sponsorship etc....Citys revenue will be as big as the other big clubs. Not in the same cathegory with United, Barca and Madrid but with the others.

And does this sponsorship deal count "out of nowhere" aswell? XD City are nowhere near their maximum revenue potential yet.

sponsorship is a small part of of the losses you need to cover, its commercial enterprises and merchandise that make up the vast majority of a clubs revenue and they take time to build, see the clubs you just mentioned, your revenue from the CL and sponsorship doesnt cover your losses, and your sponsorship may yet be discounted. They will have been working on the deal, just not publicised it... As for city's maximum revenue potential, you dont even how they operate, you have no idea what their maximum potential is. They have room for growth in several areas, but in some they will find the market saturated, the sportcity venture is a very good area but that will take time to show rewards, as it actually needs to be built

Again go do some actual research on your club figures, you will be suprised and not in a good way

Last edited:
Back