Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
View attachment 196198View attachment 196199

Manchester City v Everton
24th September KO 12:45
Etihad Stadium

David Moyes shuffled his pack for the Carling Cup third round victory over West Brom on Wednesday but the likes of Tim Howard, Sylvain Distin and Leon Osman are likely to return for the Blues. Victor Anichebe remains sidelined with a groin injury. Manchester City almost made a host of changes as they dumped holders Birmingham out of the Carling Cup, with Owen Hargreaves and Mario Balotelli securing a 2-0 win. Strike pairing Edin Dzeko and Sergio Aguero have combined for 15 goals already this season and should return for City up-front.

Between the two sides Everton and Manchester City have lost just one of 14 games in all competitions this season, that being the Blues opening day defeat to QPR at Goodison Park. This will be only Everton's second away game in seven matches so far this term, they won the other won 1-0 against Blackburn Rovers last month. Manchester City's perfect start to the Premier League season was ended at Craven Cottage last weekend when they let a two goal lead slip to draw 2-2 with Fulham.

Match Stats

1. The Toffees will be chasing an away win in the league for the fifth successive season against Manchester City, this feat has been achieved only once before by Everton – having won matches in seven successive seasons at Anfield from 1908-1915.

2. The five away league wins at Manchester City are the most against one side in the managerial career of David Moyes at Everton.

3. There has not been a draw in this fixture since October 1985, the 18 matches at City since have seen nine wins apiece for the two sides.

4. Tim Howard should reach 150 successive league matches for the Blues on Saturday, making him only the second Everton player to achieve that notable feat. The legendary Neville Southall made 212 successive league appearances from 1987-1993.

5. Phil Neville requires one more appearance to reach 200 in the Premier League for Everton, the club skipper actually made his league debut for Manchester United against City 16 years ago.

Team News

City are expected to change the entire XI that started against Birmingham, with Hargreaves unlikely to start despite scoring as he continues his recovery from long-term injury problems. Mancini is expected to name the bulk of the side that started at Fulham but could make a couple of changes to keep his key men fresh for the Champions League trip to Bayern Munich next Tuesday. Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli could come in up front while defender Kolo Toure is back in contention after returning from his ban in midweek, but midfield duo De Jong and James Milner remain out. Everton's club captain Phil Neville was left out against Wigan last week but will be hoping for a recall after scoring the extra-time winner against West Brom in midweek. Vellios and Drenthe are in contention for a first Premier League start after they both came off the bench to score late goals against Wigan.

Possible Starting XI's

Man City : Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, Y Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Tevez
Everton : Howard, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka, Baines, Neville, Coleman, Rodwell, Fellaini, Osman, Cahill

This match is going to be very intruiging. Although Everton got through to the next round of the Carling Cup after knocking out West Brom, it was a far from inspiring performance to say the least, with the players only stepping up the performance in ET. And it remains to be seen wether or not Saha is included in the squad, after being axed from the squad last weekend, after refusing to play in the reserves, with David Moyes being "disappointed by his loyalty". Manchester City's defence will also be under the spotlight, after throwing away a 2 goal lead against Fulham last weekend, a game they pretty much controlled and should have gone on to win. They also face the pressure of being expected to win this match, to keep the pressure on Premiership leaders Manchester United, who are quite simply, in scintilating form already, whereas Everton will also be under pressure, with fans expecting the club to finish in the top 10, even though David Moyes played down that idea, stating it would be extremely difficult to finish in the top 10. So potentially, this could be a pretty cagey affair.

Prediction: Manchester City 1 Everton 1

Last edited:
i also think 1-1 :)

should be a great game !

Just hoping Fellaini doesn't give away an silly fouls on the edge of the box. Composure in this sort of match is absolutely essential

If I'm not wrong, Everton have not lost in the last 4 games against City. Somehow they manage to get the result.

Hoping for good open game.

If I'm not wrong, Everton have not lost in the last 4 games against City. Somehow they manage to get the result.

Hoping for good open game.

Think the absence of Arteta could maybe affect our chances this time round. Any team losing a player of that calibre would pretty much struggle creativity wise. Also praying we don't get any last minute injuries before the match too.

Copy-pasting from the official site, eh!?

I'll go with a 2-1 away win. Yes, I'm being optimistic.

Think the absence of Arteta could maybe affect our chances this time round. Any team losing a player of that calibre would pretty much struggle creativity wise. Also praying we don't get any last minute injuries before the match too.

Obviously, but still you have good enough players. Cahill is class, hopefully Neville and Saha starts.

Obviously, but still you have good enough players. Cahill is class, hopefully Neville and Saha starts.

If Saha has made up with Moyes. Clearly let the gaffer down with his antics by refusing to play in the reserves and his twitter rant.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Copy-pasting from the official site, eh!?

I'll go with a 2-1 away win. Yes, I'm being optimistic.

Thing is I'd be ecstatic with a win. But getting a point at such a strong side with massive expectations is just as good to be honest, especially with the very poor transfer window activity

i think we'll get a win here, i think the spurs result has sorted out our problems with these bogey teams that we had, we should beat everton at home.

We really owe Everton a good humbling like we did Spurs. But they are always super pumped when playing us and they fight for every second of the game. I'd love us to send them a message and really batter them but i'll settle for a good controlled performance and 3 points

3-0: Aguero, Aguero, Dzeko

Going with a 2-1 Everton win. Not only do I have a soft spot for Everton and their fans with all their troubles, but I also truly madly deeply hate Man City.

Can't see Everton picking anything up here, but I'd be super happy to be proved wrong.

Man City 2-0 Everton - Nasri, Toure

Everton have always had the capacity to come out with an out-of-the-blue giant killing. I reckon they'll draw this one though. Just a hunch. 2-2. Aguero, Fellaini, Dzeko and Barkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.