Manchester City v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited both posts.. Found out just afterwards.

Really looking forward to this game. Surprised that Neville has been chosen ahead of Heitinga to play in midfield but he is skipper after all.

I'm not too suprised, this will be a battle in midfield, and Neville will lead by example

Wow, Moyes with his classic 4-6-0 formation. I'm really disappointed that Saha is not starting.

Well, Moyes knows best I guess when it comes to selection I guess lol. And in come the pre-match nerves lol

Tis true.

If I'm honest I can't see anything other than a Man City win now after seeing the teams. City have their strongest team out bar De Jong in my opinion and I just can't see Everton breaking them down without a natural striker. Cahill's best attribute is his heading, but he'll struggle to beat Kompany in the air today so I'm changing my prediction to 3-0 City.

Sergio Aguero need to score goals with his head to be regarded as complete striker. - Shebby singh. Lol.

Have to admit, before the lineups went for 1-1. But after lineups, I'm a bit less optomistic. But I'm still hoping for 1-1. Against a lineup like that I'd be very happy. Just the worst time possible to face Aguero in the form he's in right now.

However I'm very surprised Mancini isn't leaving some players out for the upcoming CL match.

Head to head

5vHj5.png

Head to head table

yQBdt.png

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Man city didn't win the last 4 meetings against Everton.

Tis true.

If I'm honest I can't see anything other than a Man City win now after seeing the teams. City have their strongest team out bar De Jong in my opinion and I just can't see Everton breaking them down without a natural striker. Cahill's best attribute is his heading, but he'll struggle to beat Kompany in the air today so I'm changing my prediction to 3-0 City.

Yeah i can see them getting prawned here. 3-0

From the bbc.

Q1: Who was the last team to score a home win against Manchester City?

Q2: Who was the last team to score an away win against Manchester City?

Q3: Who were the only side to do the double over City last season? Here's a clue - they did it the season before as well.

Q4: Which side has won all of their last four visits to Eastlands?

Q5: Which side has won seven of their last eight games against Manchester City?

Q6: Who is 5-2 ON to win Saturday's game?

Answers: Q1 - Everton. Q2 - Everton. Q3 - Everton. Q4 - Everton. Q5 - Everton. Q6 - Man City.

Dont blame me if any stats are wrong.

After seeing the comments of that ******** called Leon Osman. I hope City give Everton a good battering.

Off topic but Man City drawn away to Wolves in Carling Cup.

Everton drawn at home to Chelsea.

What comments? Only been awake about half an hour so missed them

City can't buy team spirit. Everton have a very good team spirit that City dont and hopes the team can beat this opponent who he describes as "a group of individuals".

Thats old and i dont like those.....i have seen enough of City on the pitch and some of the backstage footage to say that CIty have a good team spirit and as you have seen in recent games. City play very good like a team.

Surely Everton have a very good one but this just one of those comments which tries to say: "City are a bunch of mercenaries". In other words...

Last edited:
Off topic but Man City drawn away to Wolves in Carling Cup.

Everton drawn at home to Chelsea.

Oh **** :mad:. Anti-Everton or what. Man City today, then Liverpool, Chelsea coming up, and now Chelsea in CC. It's fixed I tell you!!!!!!!

Joking of course. All going to be belter games hopefully

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

City can't buy team spirit. Everton have a very good team spirit that City dont and hopes the team can beat this opponent who he describes as "a group of individuals".

Thats old and i dont like those.....i have seen enough of City on the pitch and some of the backstage footage to say that CIty have a good team spirit and as you have seen in recent games. City play very good like a team.

Course City are playing excellent as a team. But it's just banter to add a bit of fire to the match.

Lots of empty seats visible.. Has there been travel issues?

Well, can throw out my cagey affair prediction lol

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Lots of empty seats visible.. Has there been travel issues?

Not that I know of

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Ambitious from Rodwell lol

Been a good start from Everton.

Distin being booed by a small number of City fans.

Oh **** :mad:. Anti-Everton or what. Man City today, then Liverpool, Chelsea coming up, and now Chelsea in CC. It's fixed I tell you!!!!!!!

Joking of course. All going to be belter games hopefully

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Course City are playing excellent as a team. But it's just banter to add a bit of fire to the match.

Lol, more like throwing sand in a tiger's face

Doing what the most important thing well. Keeping the ball away from City and more importantly Aguero and Dzeko

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Got to hand it to City for one thing. If people think water is fluid-watch Man City's movement

Jagielka very lucky there. Better first touch from Dzeko and that was 1-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.