Manchester City v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
i expect us to win, but not in the style that we beat spurs.

ive got this down as a 2-1 on my predictor league

3-1 Everton imo.

Any reason you're being pessimistic about the result? Been in great form this season and your squad is streets ahead of Everton's (no offence ajt) and despite their record vs you, I'd call it an upset if City don't get 3 points from this game.

Any reason you're being pessimistic about the result? Been in great form this season and your squad is streets ahead of Everton's (no offence ajt) and despite their record vs you, I'd call it an upset if City don't get 3 points from this game.

He's an Everton fan in disguise.

do any everton/man city fans consider this a rivalry?

It's strange really Mark and actualy a bit sad to an extent. For as long as i can remember City and Everton have always had a bit of a kinship. We both play in blue and have cross town rivals who steel all the headlines.

However since the City take over we are the club people love to hate (sometimes for reasons they don't even understand themselves). This combigned with the drawn out Lescott saga (which i think Moyes played up to the media way more than was nescessary) has seen tensions arrive on the Everton side toward us. Personaly i don't think any City fans hold anything against Everton except the fact the always beat us lol.

To be honest I don't hate City. Just thought the whole Lescott saga was shittily done tbh-but thats for another time. This isn't about who's right or wrong and all that. But the main rivalry for me will always be Liverpool>Man Utd (so as you can imagine I'm sooooooooo looking forward to October 1st lol).

Every team has a bogey team, everton is our bogey team, they somehow always scrape a win over us. Will be interesting to see what reception Distin gets, he was a good player for us but when he scored last year against us he celebrated which i dont respect. Dunne never did that <3

i always remember this saying since then, that Everton are big team beaters. hopefully of a 1-1 draw, or 2-2 like last year, coming from behind and draw. :p

i always remember this saying since then, that Everton are big team beaters. hopefully of a 1-1 draw, or 2-2 like last year, coming from behind and draw. :p

Would be great if the match was like the 3-3 draw we managed to ****** against Man Utd. That would make it a great game

Would be great if the match was like the 3-3 draw we managed to ****** against Man Utd. That would make it a great game

ohh yeah that game. maybe the new signgs might score again, dyntrhe (sp?) and that other dude

ohh yeah that game. maybe the new signgs might score again, dyntrhe (sp?) and that other dude

Hopefully yeah. We need everyone to pitch in basically to get goals.

Last edited:
Manchester City

Hart
Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy
Yaya - Barry
Silva - Aguero - Nasri
Dzeko
Subs: Pantilimon, Savic, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Milner, Balotelli, Tevez

Everton Team

Howard
Hibbert - Jagielka - Distin - Baines
Coleman - Rodwell - Neville - Fellaini - Osman
Cahill
Subs: Mucha, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Drenthe, Vellios, Stracqualursi, Saha

Last edited:
Christ I got lucky-totally slept in lol

Christ I got lucky-totally slept in lol

Nothing on Everton subs yet though. Surprised there is no Saha again for a game like this. Maybe on the bench.

EDIT: Subs in other post. Saha is there.

Nothing on Everton subs yet though. Surprised there is no Saha again for a game like this. Maybe on the bench.

Thats not good. Looks like the little bust up is more serious than reported-if he's not selected

He is.

1154: BREAKING TEAM NEWS
Just the one change for Everton at
Man City, Phil Neville back in the side in place of Diniyar
Bilyaletdinov. Louis 'The Sulk' Saha is back on the bench after missing out
completely last week.

Edited both posts.. Found out just afterwards.

Really looking forward to this game. Surprised that Neville has been chosen ahead of Heitinga to play in midfield but he is skipper after all.

Well, Moyes knows best I guess when it comes to selection I guess lol. And in come the pre-match nerves lol

Status
Not open for further replies.