Reaction score
MANCHESTER CITY V LIVERPOOL
City Of Manchester Stadium
Sky Sports 1
Kick Off: 8PM

View attachment 101400

Squad News:
Manchester City:
Manchester City's Mario Balotelli is expected to overcome the knee injury he suffered on his match-winning debut in the Europa League.
James Milner is in line for his first City appearance, but Aleksandar Kolarov and Jerome Boateng remain sidelined.

Liverpool:
Liverpool hope Javier Mascherano will return after missing Thursday's Europa League tie, but Daniel Agger is a doubt with concussion.
Joe Cole begins a three-match ban following his red card against Arsenal.

Possible Line Ups:
Manchester City:
Hart
Richards Toure Kompany Bridge
Silva Milner De Jong Barry
Tevez Balotelli

Liverpool:
Reina
Johnson Carragher Skrtel Aurelio
Kuyt Mascherano Lucas Jovanovic
Gerrard
Torres

Previous Result:
FC Timisoara 0-1 Manchester City
(Europa League)
Liverpool 1-0 Trabzonspor (Europa League)

Match Preview:
Last season, the same fixture ended in a drab 0-0 draw whilst both sides were targeting Champions League aspirations, with many new Manchester City signings and the possible return of the Gerrard-Torres axis upfront for Liverpool, the thought is that there will be at least one goal to celebrate come full-time tomorrow.

Both sides drew their first league games against North London opposition, Spurs and Arsenal respectively. However both teams will today want to really kickstart their seasons.

Prediction:
A very difficult start to the season for both sides, City away with a whole host of new players may need time to gel or looking at it the other way, it only takes a second for one of their world class players to produce a piece of magic. Both teams defended like ''Beavers'' as Kammy would put it in their opening games and will be difficult to break down. Although Torres getting minutes on the pitch is only going to help him and the team, and for that reason me and my red tinted glasses are going for:
Manchester City 0-1 Liverpool
Gerrard to grab a goal after 16 minutes after Liverpool come out of the blocks flying, Jovanovic will give Richards a torrid time. However after this goal Liverpool will just sit back a bit and invite the pressure, Manchester City will have a few close shaves with Tevez hitting the post in the second half but Liverpool's normally reliable defence will hang on for their first win of the new premier league campaign.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a win, and I actually think our deadliest weapons will be Torres and Jovanovic, tomorrow.

And I'll go for a 2-1 Liverpool. Jovanovic and Torres. :)

You have Citys last result incorrect.

FC Timisoara 0-1 Manchester City

I'm looking forward to it, hopefully Liverpool will win but I think it will be a draw

Hope I'm wrong; I can see this being a snoozefest with a late goal making the difference. Out of the two, I see City looking more dangerous, so I'll plump for a 1-0 win.

look at the past 2 games that both teams have played.

this has snoozefest and bore draw wrote all over it...

I'm hoping for a draw. How the goals are decided after that, I don't care, but I would prefer a 5-5 goal thriller for the neutral than a 0-0 stalemate.

i would love to see these teams play at their potential but cant see anything other than a dull as dishwater 0-0 draw

Well, seeing as our previous games have been of poor quality. I'm gonna' take a guess and say 0-0, maybe if we can get an early goal, we can hold it off, I'm not expecting anymore than one goal in the game if I'm honest.

See Liverpool trying to go defensive, but still grabbing a goal deservedly. I think City will carry on playing conservatively while the squad gels, which will take a long time. Liverpool will hardly be attacking I think but have a better team and it should show. 1-0 Liverpool for me.

See Liverpool trying to go defensive, but still grabbing a goal deservedly. I think City will carry on playing conservatively while the squad gels, which will take a long time. Liverpool will hardly be attacking I think but have a better team and it should show. 1-0 Liverpool for me.

and you're a man city fan?

if i remember correctly this tie was proberly the most boring match ever to be played in the premierleague last season. so im going to predict a high tempo 3-2 to man city.

if i remember correctly this tie was proberly the most boring match ever to be played in the premierleague last season. so im going to predict a high tempo 3-2 to man city.

Nah, that honour goes to Liverpool vs Fulham at Anfield I think.

I see us winning 1-0, were very hard to beat at home, we only played defensive at spurs because it was away, 3-1 to us, cant predict the scorers but i have a feeling that tevez is gonna score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back