Manchester City V Liverpool {23/8/10 - 20:00}

• Thread starter Thread starter Alex
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 215
  • Views Views 10K
Status
Not open for further replies.
look at the past 2 games that both teams have played.

this has snoozefest and bore draw wrote all over it...

Well if you look at football like that, then it's stupid.. Look at Newcastle last week compared to this week..

I can't see us losing at home to be honest, we need a win. Going for a solid 2-0 win for us, Tevez getting the goals.

Liverpool without Joe Cole is a huge plus for us.. They might have to bring in someone like Lucas as Aquilani has left..

Should be a good game though. :)

Well if you look at football like that, then it's stupid.. Look at Newcastle last week compared to this week..

I can't see us losing at home to be honest, we need a win. Going for a solid 2-0 win for us, Tevez getting the goals.

Liverpool without Joe Cole is a huge plus for us.. They might have to bring in someone like Lucas as Aquilani has left..

Should be a good game though. :)
how does that make him stupid? city and liverpool have played all thier games so far (including europe) with dull as dishwater performances, two top 6 sides clashing with cautious managers, definitely has snoozefest all over it. joe cole wouldnt make any difference has hes been largely anonymous for liverpool.
jones is right to go on previous form

Excited, never been to a Liverpool match at the City of Manchester Stadium. I think our team looks more balanced than City's but I have a feeling both managers will be out not to lose.

Prediction: Man City 1-1 Liverpool

how does that make him stupid? city and liverpool have played all thier games so far (including europe) with dull as dishwater performances, two top 6 sides clashing with cautious managers, definitely has snoozefest all over it. joe cole wouldnt make any difference has hes been largely anonymous for liverpool.
jones is right to go on previous form

Didn't say he was stupid, said the way he looks at football and predicts the results is. You can't predict games based on past meetings, as they are in the past.. Balotelli and Milner will be playing, and weren't playing against these past teams, such as last season's game. We also had a dull game against Spurs due to being away from home, and we couldn't lose against rivals for the 4th spot.

I'm sure Joe Cole will be more lively than any midfielder to replace him, as he wants to prove people wrong that he's the 'new era' at Liverpool.

When I predict games, I base my predictions on form of players more than anything else, and it'll be hard to predict this when we have a few players making debuts. Ah well, people make predicts on different things.

Didn't say he was stupid, said the way he looks at football and predicts the results is. You can't predict games based on past meetings, as they are in the past.. Balotelli and Milner will be playing, and weren't playing against these past teams, such as last season's game. We also had a dull game against Spurs due to being away from home, and we couldn't lose against rivals for the 4th spot.

I'm sure Joe Cole will be more lively than any midfielder to replace him, as he wants to prove people wrong that he's the 'new era' at Liverpool.

When I predict games, I base my predictions on form of players more than anything else, and it'll be hard to predict this when we have a few players making debuts. Ah well, people make predicts on different things.
you can on previous setup, and your setup in all your games has been exactly the same, very cautious. you are up against another side who are challenging for 4th. liverpool will make themselves hard to break down and hit you on the counter, and so mancini will be cautious against this. hes not gonna suddenly try and play expansive football against liverpool

cole was playing where gerrard normally does, and gerrard will have ten times the impact on the game than cole would have, cole doent know that role well enough despite it alledgedy being his favourite positon, gerrard knows it inside out and will cause far more problems, jovanovic and kuyt down the flanks are gonna tighten this game up with their attacking and defensive marauding. its cautious, hard to break down 4-2-3-1 against even more cautious hard to break down 4-2-3-1. draw all over it.

Last edited:

man city were lucky to not lose against spurs, and would of had a thumping if it wasnt for a good display by hart. so i think liverpool will win 2-0

Remember this match two years ago? City were up 2-0 at half time and then Liverpool scored 2 and then Kuyt punched one in 3 minutes into extra time. It was a fantastic game. I'd like to see another one of those.

But, realistically I see this being a draw. 0-0 maybe 1-1.

i think Liverpool will ****** it 1-0 :D

Probably from a set piece i'll go with corner & Skrtel/Agger to smash it in .

if i remember correctly this tie was proberly the most boring match ever to be played in the premierleague last season.

an early contender for most boring match of this season in the football league. (was anyone else mental enough to sit through the whole 90 minutes of boro vs sheff u?)

anyway, im going to go for a 1-0 to liverpool. i think city will take a while to find their feet with all the new players and may struggle in the early part of the season, kuyt to get the goal

i think Liverpool will ****** it 1-0 :D

Probably from a set piece i'll go with corner & Skrtel/Agger to smash it in .

I can't remember the last time we scored from a corner. Got a feeling Gerrard will play really well tomorrow, especially if Torres starts and Gerrard is in behind him. Hope Lucas is given a box to box role as-well.

i've got money on a 3-1 win for Liverpool but hope for 4 goals is probably crazy

I can't remember the last time we scored from a corner. Got a feeling Gerrard will play really well tomorrow, especially if Torres starts and Gerrard is in behind him. Hope Lucas is given a box to box role as-well.

I know but i think its going to be a really negative match (Hopes not)
soo i can see the winning goal being a free kick or corner
& didn't wanna give the goal to man city ;) .

More realistic Gerrard smashes one from 35/40 yards early on then we sick back & absorb the pressure

Last edited:
Manchester City 2 - 1 Liverpool

Skrtel 9"
Tevez 43"
Balotelli 86"

Reina
johnson carra skrtel agger
dirk gerrard lucas jovanovic
Ngog Torres

Bench: Babel Aurelio Soto Maxi Poulson pacheco

Reina
Ngog Torres

So no back-up keeper? That's odd. Nice to see Pacheco there. Mascherano injured or..? Decent team, if true, odd seeing us play with two strikers though.

Game could go either way, I'll say 1-1 Barry & Agger-do-do-do

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Nah, that honour goes to Liverpool vs Fulham at Anfield I think.
Or most Liverpool games last season :D

Think Mash is the 'or'... yeah.

Not sure if I believe this team. But lad's always been right before. Odd one.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

edit: sub keeper hasn't been 'announced' yet so not listed.

Would rather see Gerrard pushed into his advanced role off of Torres and have Mascherano come in for Ngog.

Reina
Ngog Torres

Really hope this guy is wrong Zeb, not a good starting line up, flat 4-4-2 shows very little ambition and having two similar players in Torres and Ngog up-front seems like a waste, even if Masch is for some reason left out why not bring Poulson in and let Gerrard takes Cole's role? :S Makes no sense, but only 5 hours until we find out :P

This fixture has all the makings of a defensive 0-0 draw. Mancini will play with three defensive minded midfielders and Hodgsen will stick to his rigid 4-4-2. Hart and Reina will make fantastic saves tonight though. Can bank on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back