Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur [22/01/12 - 13:30]

"Balo is an enigma. You can't watch his stamp on Parker again without saying he deliberately gave him an extra sumpin sumpin, can you? i mean, let's not be completely oblivious. Same for Lescott's forearm smash. And like i said earlier in the match thread -- i don't care HOW dirty we were against Spurs as long as we ******* win. And win we did. ;)That kind of elbow-smashing, stamping performance against a side that inspires less venom from me (read: pretty much everyone else except Spurs, Rags and Scouse 1 and 2) and i'd be embarrassed. Does that seem unsupportive of the team? i hope not. It's just how i feel.""Balo should have never been sent off, was a quality legal stamp and a shame that he missed Parkers face""Oh give ******* over. There was nothing to that Balo-Parker incident. Did he do it deliberately? Absolutely not. Even laughable to suggest something like that. Did he land bit goofy. Yeah."Such retarded statements it's just enough to make you weep
Weep! It makes me wonder what kind of jerks watch football!

My take is Mario's kick was as deliberate as this -

[video=youtube;a0Zsd38GssA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a0Zsd38GssA[/video]​

I don't think it was entirely malice though I think it's just a petulent kick-out because he hadn't really got ahold of the ball in the game and that was mainly down to Parker's immense workrate and tenacity.

Well, moving away from the thuggery, it's safe to say that Spurs are more than a match for the big boys now. To go 2-0 down, then BANG! make it 2-2 and only just lose the game because of a couple of inches and because of a pen, is in my opinion, testament to the work Redknapp has done at Spurs-keeping Modric was crucial and this is the reason why. It may be an 8 point gap but anything can happen. Top 4 finish is their's to throw away now-and I can't see it happening.

Last edited:
The boys showed they are capable of coming back and trying to get something. I said if we finish top 4 then I would be proud considering the amount of money we have spent but still can give City a run for their money. If City win the league by elbowing and stamping then they remind me of the Leeds side under Don Revie.

My take is Mario's kick was as deliberate as this -

[video=youtube;a0Zsd38GssA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a0Zsd38GssA[/video]​

I don't think it was entirely malice though I think it's just a petulent kick-out because he hadn't really got ahold of the ball in the game and that was mainly down to Parker's immense workrate and tenacity.

Look at De Rossi min 1.05 lol

Well, I just need to look at your nickname to know I won't be able to have a decent argument with you ;)

Look I'll give them credit for 2 goals but after that they were pathetic both in approach towards the game and to spurs players!

When I said character, it is obviously related with the fact that they were 2 goals behind and managed to bring it together and win it till the end. Football is not about fairness, you very often see teams that play very well and end up losing. I'd say these victories make champions. I remember numerous examples of United comebacks, specially last year too, that is character, it's not about the team, as I am totally neutral.

Look I'll give them credit for 2 goals but after that they were pathetic both in approach towards the game and to spurs players!

When I said character, it is obviously related with the fact that they were 2 goals behind and managed to bring it together and win it till the end. Football is not about fairness, you very often see teams that play very well and end up losing. I'd say these victories make champions. I remember numerous examples of United comebacks, specially last year too, that is character, it's not about the team, as I am totally neutral.

City were 2 goals ahead not behind.

Balotelli should be banned for 8 games. Overly harsh? Yes, but they need to stamp this kind of thing out.

Football is a cruel, cruel game.

I have plenty to say, but I'm still disappointed so I'll save it for another time.

All I'm gonna say is next time you lot are off balance and falling over forwards look where your leg goes thats off the ground - BACKWARDS TO GIVE YOU BALANCE. Stop assuming things because of who it is.

Some mad as **** people in here, and City fans are called "Bitters"? All the Spurs and United fans in here are acting more bitter than a pint of John Smiths.

All I'm gonna say is next time you lot are off balance and falling over forwards look where your leg goes thats off the ground - BACKWARDS TO GIVE YOU BALANCE. Stop assuming things because of who it is.

Some mad as **** people in here, and City fans are called "Bitters"? All the Spurs and United fans in here are acting more bitter than a pint of John Smiths.

Sigh.

Just look how much power he puts into it, its as clear as day what he's trying to do.

Balance argument is just utter BS tbh. Accept it-he acted like a petulant child who got away with it big time.

His weight was acting forwards, thus he needs to plant his foot in front of his body to counter act the force of his weight. If he put his foot forwards, he wouldn't have fallen over. Watch the video, by moving his foot backwards it achieved merry sweet **** all in aiding his balance.

But besides, I'm counting Balotelli as being the agent of my vengeance against Billy for outbidding me on Iniesta by £0.2m.

I honestly don't think he did intend to stamp on Parker, I mean, there's two massive points you are missing here:

1) Why the **** would he want to stamp on Parker? He despite Balotelli being a bit a nutter I don't think he's the kind of guy that would do something that dangerous.
2) If he wanted to stamp on Parker why did he miss him?

I'm not going to sit here and defend Balotelli, because, I don't reallly care that much, I don't support City and I wasn't particularly bothered about the outcome.. I just don't think people should always assume something just because it's what they want to believe. When you try to balance yourself you would stamp your backfoot into the ground to stop yourself from falling over.. I've done it while playing football and I'm sure most people here have..

Like I said, I'm probably in the 1% who doesn't think he did it on purpose, but, whatever, I don't really care. At least everyone has a perfect excuse for why Tottenham won't win the league now.. Yay.

To anyone who thinks you gain balance moving your foot backwards, stand up in your room, start leaning forwards in your room, and once you get to a point where you'll fall over, see where your foot moves to keep balance.