• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 13K

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
200px-Manchester_City.svg.png
200px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.png

Manchester United travel to across the city to take on big spending rivals Manchester City in a top of the table clash at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Manchester United are coming off 6 straight wins, and are the only undefeated team in the coutry but currently sit in 2nd place in the Barclays Premier League 2 points behind leaders Chelsea.
Manchester City got back to winning ways on Sunday with their 2-0 win over West Brom after 3 consecutive defeats including a loss to Polish side Lech Poznan in the Europa League.

Mario Balotelli will miss the game after being sent off against West Brom at the weekend after scoring 2 goals. The club have appealed against the 3 match ban, but he will miss the game after accepting his dismissal.
Wayne Rooney will also miss the game after the club sent him to the USA to continue his recovery from an ankle injury. Nani is expected to recover from his groin injury.

Last 4 meetings:

Manchester United 4-3 Manchester City - Rooney, Fletcher x2, Owen Barry, Bellamy x2
Manchester City 2-1 Manchester United (League Cup) - Tevez x2 Giggs
Manchester United 3-1 Manchester City (League Cup) - Scholes, Carrick, Rooney Tevez
Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United - Scholes

Predicted Line Ups:

View attachment 112331 View attachment 112332

I think we will be strong enough and we are in good enough form to get a win at Eastlands, and I'm going to go for a scrappy 2-1 win.

Your thoughts and predictions?

Last edited:
Man "******" 1-3 Manchester United im going for carlos tevez, nani,carrick and hernandez

Tbh I can only see a City win. 2-1 City.

Tbh I can only see a City win. 2-1 City.

Really? Despite the recent form of both sides?

I know they say that form goes out the window for derbies, but our record against them is very good too. In all honesty it will probably be a draw, but I think we're more likely beat them than they are to beat us.

City look stronger to me, can't see United winning it, I can however see a draw.. 1-1 for me.

Tevez and Scholes to score.

Come on United!!

Think it will be a 2-2 draw though.

have no clue what the result will be, thought city were going to win in april but scholes owned them :wub: i have a feeling united will sneak it as i think city fear playing against us

Last edited:
I'll probably get a load of stick from the Liverpool fans for this. But I hope United win, I can't stand City!

City 1 - 3 United

Berba x2
Ginger

My heart is saying City win but my head is saying a draw. I just can't see Utd breaking down Citys 3man midfield and with Tevez back in the country unhappy as ever he just loves these games. My heart prediction is 2-1 City but my head 2-2.

Really can't see us losing tbh. Our form is very good and theirs isn't, plus our record against them last season was excellent. I just can't tell if we'll win or draw, but I honestly can't see us losing. Of course, I could be proved wrong.

Form goes out the window in a derby of this magnatude lets not forget. Utd have been playing poor but getting results, if they play poor against a side like City and City deside to turn up they might not be so fortunate. Anyway i will somehow not even glance at this result because i will be watching the Chelsea game but this game will run for 15 mins longer as it kicks off at 8. Will be a good game i believe, really high tempo and fiesty cumon City.

I agree form does go out the window, that's why I also mentioned the fact that we have a great record against them recently - especially last season (3 wins out of 4 and even their win meant nothing as we progressed to the next round). We don't seem to have problems scoring goals against them, and our defense seems to be abit more solid now than at the beginning of the season.

I really think we can win it and catch up Chelsea.

I agree form does go out the window, that's why I also mentioned the fact that we have a great record against them recently - especially last season (3 wins out of 4 and even their win meant nothing as we progressed to the next round). We don't seem to have problems scoring goals against them, and our defense seems to be abit more solid now than at the beginning of the season.

I really think we can win it and catch up Chelsea.

Utd have 2 tough fixtures this week and Chelsea have a good chance of getting 6 points as we have 2 home games. I think we will know alot more about Utd's title credentials once this week is out.

Yeah. Like I said, I think we can beat City and if we do that would be 7 straight wins and add to the confidence we'll already have. If we beat City, I think we'll beat Villa too, but this is football and anything can happen.

Back