Manchester City vs Manchester United - 10/11/2010

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 13K
The same quote from Ferguson would be just as laughable.
Not really. We were the team trying to win. We didn't have much success creating any chances but we did give it a go.

Not really. We were the team trying to win. We didn't have much success creating any chances but we did give it a go.

Highlights on Sky Sports mentioned negativity from both sides, not just City, with your lot sticking plenty behind the ball. I confirmed this myself while watching MOTD. Maybe you were slightly more expansive in your play, but I can't see how the fans in this thread feel like you deserved anything more than a draw.

Highlights on Sky Sports mentioned negativity from both sides, not just City, with your lot sticking plenty behind the ball. I confirmed this myself while watching MOTD. Maybe you were slightly more expansive in your play, but I can't see how the fans in this thread feel like you deserved anything more than a draw.
I don't think we deserved the win. We didn't create any decent chances even though we were the better team so i can hardly moan about a draw. I just don't think it would be laughable if ferguson came out and said we tried to win because we did.

I don't think we deserved the win. We didn't create any decent chances even though we were the better team so i can hardly moan about a draw. I just don't think it would be laughable if ferguson came out and said we tried to win because we did.

I agree. I watched the full ninety and United were definately the team that were trying harder. They just got no where. A fair point for both teams in the end.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

I agree. I watched the full ninety and United were definately the team that were trying harder to get a goal. They just got no where. A fair point for both teams in the end.

I like Mancini Madsheep, hes a good manager and knows how to organise a defence. He plays his own way and i respect that. Id much rather see an organised defence at the moment. a good point for us. Kolo toure and vidic were outstanding.

I like Mancini Madsheep, hes a good manager and knows how to organise a defence. He plays his own way and i respect that. Id much rather see an organised defence at the moment. a good point for us. Kolo toure and vidic were outstanding.

You weren't dissapointed with the lack of positivity at home? I would be after spending all that money.

My point is and everyone can see except Utd fans that this isen't typical Man Utd. Im not on about tonights result inparticular im on about the won 6 drew 6. The Utd of the past would have converted more draws into wins without a dout.

United of past had worse starts than this. Go and check our treble winning season and double winning season, we were not impressive in the first few months. Still unbeaten, you think we are in crisis still we are only 4 points off the top without our top scorer. You talk as if Chelsea are miles ahead of everyone, i bet ABUs (Anyone But United) thinks that to make them feel better.

You were way way below par against Wolves with first choice team, Even worse against Blackburn and got most undeserving wins. When Chelsea do that, Stuff of champions. When we do that, United are in Crisis.

Have you watched United of past? We relied more on Attack to win the games rather than defense bar 2008-09. We have thrown away leads even in the past. Just that everyone feels we are in Crisis, these points are highlighted.

Rant Over.

Ok, the pics are cool and stuff but WTF.

On topic, Tevez looked dejected/disappointed. It was not the Tevez that chases after every ball in fact I was quite surprised at how easily we could play out of the back.
Neither team deserved a win. City because they didn't try, us because we did not have anyone in the center most of the times. Berbatov roams around a lot and Nani wasn't on his game.

Apparently Fletcher only trained the morning of the game and was still able to run back at stop City on the counter twice towards the end of the game. What A Legend.

Last edited:
United of past had worse starts than this. Go and check our treble winning season and double winning season, we were not impressive in the first few months. Still unbeaten, you think we are in crisis still we are only 4 points off the top without our top scorer. You talk as if Chelsea are miles ahead of everyone, i bet ABUs (Anyone But United) thinks that to make them feel better.

You were way way below par against Wolves with first choice team, Even worse against Blackburn and got most undeserving wins. When Chelsea do that, Stuff of champions. When we do that, United are in Crisis.

Have you watched United of past? We relied more on Attack to win the games rather than defense bar 2008-09. We have thrown away leads even in the past. Just that everyone feels we are in Crisis, these points are highlighted.

Rant Over.

Well we are playing poor and grinding out wins, Utd have thrown away leads and that isen't typical Utd thats all.

May as well leave my opinion on the game. Was a dull game, and although I think United did more than City still don't think we did enough to win it. Always good to get to the City games, pity it was a ***** game and ***** weather.

thought i will add my valued opinion on the matters,

What a poor game, neither side really went for it, but what i will say is, If Manchester City want to be taken properly as a heavy weight, they need to attack teams at home, no matter who they are, You dont start with 3 defensive minded midfielders in a game you want to win, that is awful. They will always be the noisy neighbours, until they actually try to attack us.
But Fergie missed a trick, he should of brought Herdanez on to partner berba, not for him. He should of pused for it, the las 15 minutes, when it was painfully clear, city had accepted a point.

Back