Manchester City vs Manchester United - 10/11/2010

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 193
  • Views Views 13K
Unfortunatly I can only see Man City winning this, Man Utd dont have much strenghth in depth now, they need some big signings or some of the younger players to make it sooner rather than later otherwise theyll keep getting pushed down the league by Chelsea and Man City (when they start playing together)

I dont think the futures very bright for Man Utd..... unless a new Billionaire takes over where they can compete with some big signings, not necessary LOADS of signings just one or two.

Rooney wants out, Ferdinand is getting older, Michael Owens a crock of ****, Valencia wont ever replace Ronaldo, Berbatovs good when hes not lazy.... Van Der Sar is past it now.. obviously Giggs and Scholes are not the players they were. If any player wants to live in Manchester it will be for the money and the Blueshirt...

Thats what I reakon anyway lol

I hear Utd have lots of concens as players are ill. If true this is a massive blow, i know Utd have a good squad of players but they are already dipping into that squad let alone with more players out.

I hear Utd have lots of concens as players are ill. If true this is a massive blow, i know Utd have a good squad of players but they are already dipping into that squad let alone with more players out.
its the same thing from before the wolves game, definitely a concern, but shouldnt be an excuse

William Hill Latest Odds​

Manchester City - 8/5
Manchester United - 17/10
Draw - 11/5

Last edited:
I love sitting on the fence, but my **** hurts. I'm so unsure about this one. I just hope its a cracking match.
Before I start - reckon you've got the city lineup wrong mate. I reckon Silva & Johnson will both start. Agree that Tevez will be up top on his own though.
In a 4-5-1 we rely on Tevez a huge amount, and we need him to be on top form. We know that if there's any game he will be in top form for, it's this one. But Fergie knows this, and your two quality CBs will either be made to look very good or very foolish. I reckon United will put a lot of emphasis on defence and making sure Nermanja has Tevez in his pocket the whole time. If it doesn't happen, we could be made to look very good.
I think that the 4-5-1 will backfire on us unless Silva can somehow unlock the leagues best defender. Gonna go with 2-1 to United. Probably a really late winner.

I love sitting on the fence, but my **** hurts. I'm so unsure about this one. I just hope its a cracking match.
Before I start - reckon you've got the city lineup wrong mate. I reckon Silva & Johnson will both start. Agree that Tevez will be up top on his own though.
In a 4-5-1 we rely on Tevez a huge amount, and we need him to be on top form. We know that if there's any game he will be in top form for, it's this one. But Fergie knows this, and your two quality CBs will either be made to look very good or very foolish. I reckon United will put a lot of emphasis on defence and making sure Nermanja has Tevez in his pocket the whole time. If it doesn't happen, we could be made to look very good.
I think that the 4-5-1 will backfire on us unless Silva can somehow unlock the leagues best defender. Gonna go with 2-1 to United. Probably a really late winner.

Reason I went with Milner ahead of Silva is because of his defensive qualities and I think they will be essential if Nani plays.

Silva has been blinding of late haha.

I think he'll start Silva and Milner, then replace Milner for Johnson with about twenty minutes to go.

should be a smasher of a game this, i can't make a prediction at all, but I think a draw will be the best result for Chelsea, so I think a high-scoring 3-3 or 4-4 draw, with plenty of excitement, red cards, awful tackles, shambolic referring etc. :)

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

something else I've just noticed, Anderson, Berbatov & Gibson (all virus), Giggs (hamstring), Nani (groin) are all out of the game, that leaves United periously tight of options up front, I don't think Macheda will be confident enough to play in this sort of game, so Fergie will play 1 up top, and I won't be surprised if he plays 4 in defense tbh

But Mancini believes that whoever wins tonight’s derby, both clubs are likely to end up disappointed in the title race.

“It’s important for us that we stay in the group, in second or third position,” he said. “I think that Chelsea will win the Premier League but I think that all the other teams that are near them can try because the season is long and difficult and we must play a lot of games

“Chelsea are better than the other teams but sometimes the best team doesn’t win. Our target must be to get into the Champions League but beyond that it depends on us. If we are near Chelsea or United in January or February then we have a chance.”

How can a manager writes off his own team chances when he has spent more than 100M in summer. Pessimist? Last season when he was appointed, he said he will aim for league win not only top 4, this season after spending so much money he has given up saying Chelsea got better team.

If it is to motivate his team then fine, but i dont think so.

This is going to be Goliath vs Goliath tonight, both teams are going to want to flex their title credentials!

The team that wins is going to be the team that keeps a cool head and sticks to the game plan.

Form is not really an indication in games like these, however, individual confidence is important!

this is either going to be a 1:0 win for either team or a 2:1

My prediction: (heart)
United 2:0 City

My Prediction: (head)
United 1:1 City or
United 1:0 City

It depends how City approach the game, last season in this fixture they lined up so negative and got what they deserved. If City have a go at Utd and take the game to them then they have a better chance of winning the game.

It depends how City approach the game, last season in this fixture they lined up so negative and got what they deserved. If City have a go at Utd and take the game to them then they have a better chance of winning the game.
mancini tends to very negative against the top sides. to be honest we will be playing on the counter down the flanks, park will tuck in from the left if needed.

Back